Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a flipping big big television, choose washing machines, carson, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of flipping fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the hell you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing flipping junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, passing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, messed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Frankie ??

This forum’s full of Trainspotters!

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't work out whether 'Waghorn' is a really posh name - like Lord & Lady Waghorn of Pinxton Manor... or a really working class name like Owd Barry Waghorn woks in t' pit... either way i like it. 

from south shields....definitely a pit worker

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't work out whether 'Waghorn' is a really posh name - like Lord & Lady Waghorn of Pinxton Manor... or a really working class name like Owd Barry Waghorn woks in t' pit... either way i like it. 

I take it you haven't been to Pinxton lately

12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

The majority of Waghorns are from Kent. Make of that what you will.

PistoldPete2
58 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Wag horn.....what a name.

Does he have a horny wag he will bring with him to Derby?

With Vydra "not far off" to sign for Burnley, do you think we're waiting for that to go through before making Waghorn official? Makes sense - Waghorn was close to signing when it seemed Vydra was off to Leeds, but it all went quiet again when that move fell through.

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

With Vydra "not far off" to sign for Burnley, do you think we're waiting for that to go through before making Waghorn official? Makes sense - Waghorn was close to signing when it seemed Vydra was off to Leeds, but it all went quiet again when that move fell through.

Soften the blow of losing our golden boot winner?

3 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

We aren't waiting for Ipswich to finalise their duo, we are holding off on the announcement till the Vydra business is tied up and things look more balanced our end.

I believe you’re right, the sooner Vydra goes I think the better (as much as I wanted him to stay) I think it will trigger more than just Waghorn joining too. 

12 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

We aren't waiting for Ipswich to finalise their duo, we are holding off on the announcement till the Vydra business is tied up and things look more balanced our end.

Ipswich can't finance their signings until we buy Waghorn. It's like a home buying chain!

7 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

BBC Football pages Gossip column reporting that DCFC has beaten Middlesbrough to Waghorn's signature.

More strikers than Grunwick ?

not often you see a reference to 1970's industrial strife on this forum. Bravo!!

(just hope that BBC article isn't a wapping great fib.............see what I did there?)

Archived