Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

With Vydra looking likely he'll be staying this was never going to happen anyway. I think I'd rather us use the money on Bryan or Woods.

I think waghorn for £1-2 million would have been a very good signing at £4-8 million I am far from sure (as I like a good re-sale potential) but if we could get the lad woods from Brentford it would be a very good signing - cover for Bryson and Mount with lots of playing time 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’m absolutely fine with this, not suggesting he’s a bad player but I was not at all comfortable with this transfer. 

It would be really similar to the Blackman signing, spending a big amount on someone after one good season. Admittedly I'm sure Frank and his team would have done a lot more research on him than Clement and his team did on signings, but it was still a massive risk

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It would be really similar to the Blackman signing, spending a big amount on someone after one good season. Admittedly I'm sure Frank and his team would have done a lot more research on him than Clement and his team did on signings, but it was still a massive risk

Similarities to blackman for sure but as a player much much better ( but I think the price is very high)

N

11 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I mean Waghorn has had a full season of playing very well. He has also had some good spells at other clubs too but Blackman went on a goal scoring run for the first time in his career and it only lasted for a few months. We bought him in the January so it was only half a good season. Waghorn you can also see the ability is certainly there and can be sustained over a season but against the transfer purely because he’s 28 and it’s big risk to take on a player that we more than likely won’t get our money back on even if he does perform. 

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Leaves the door open for a late Tammy Abraham loan

That'll probably drag on until the end of August. I imagine he'll wait around Chelsea for the first few weeks of the season to see if he's given a chance and then if not, will make a choice on who to join on loan close to the loan window deadline 

30 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

That'll probably drag on until the end of August. I imagine he'll wait around Chelsea for the first few weeks of the season to see if he's given a chance and then if not, will make a choice on who to join on loan close to the loan window deadline 

Strange one didn't think about the possibility of Abraham

54 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd doubt that actually. I think he knows he's not getting any playing time at Chelsea so it could be done pretty soon after the August 9th Prem deadline if he hasn't got himself a Prem loan.

I'm sure Frank would want his man in and getting up to speed as soon as possible as well.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

As I understand it, the loan window for Premier League clubs also closes next week, so if a Premier League club does not come in for him in the next few days, it'll either be Championship or a loan to Germany I would guess.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Boro we welcome to him imo. Not a bad player by any stretch, but you’re buying form not ability again. 7 mil is a big risk for someone who’s only done it once at this level really. Rather spend that money on someone better if Vydra does go.

Maybe we should offer Blackman for £4m ??

Archived