Reece Burke - Signed for Hull City

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard good things about him, he's an athlete and a ball player. Nice to be linked with young talent at sensible prices.  Can slowly integrate him in (plus use him as full back cover) and hopefully he can become a good player for us.

West Ham, Wilshire et al, are looking at international defenders now, and already have young centre backs Oxford and Rice around, so Burke won't get near the squad there hence the sale rather than it being about his lack of ability.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Heard good things about him, he's an athlete and a ball player. Nice to be linked with young talent at sensible prices.  Can slowly integrate him in (plus use him as full back cover) and hopefully he can become a good player for us.

West Ham, Wilshire et al, are looking at international defenders now, and already have young centre backs Oxford and Rice around, so Burke won't get near the squad there hence the sale rather than it being about his lack of ability.

West ham's squad 6/10

West Ham's Squad with Rice 11/10

I think for Reece it could go really well or really badly. Could turn up to be a solid player or if hull are absolute dog poo this season then he’ll fall down the leagues.. I think it might have been a good move for him here to learn from the likes of Curtis and Keogh and coached by JM and FL. good luck to him either way

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Did we really really want him I think not by the effort we actually made. Therefore no great loss.

I think we did want him, but not as a shoe-in first teamer.

We're quite light in defenders in general, and he's about as good as young ones (in England) get (when you're looking to buy from a position in the Championship).

Can't be upset about Lampard being honest with him about his prospective game time though. Past managers have lied to players to have them sign the deal, and then you have a very unhappy player on your hands.

Did not agree terms equals not enough cash?

How would any of the new appointees know what is a reasonable wage to pay young players? I for one, have little idea on this one.

I would have signed this guy as he was spoken well of by two previous managers.

The dilemma for the Rams is getting young players into the team and still winning the games.

I will be surprised if Forest do not go up this season.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

How would any of the new appointees know what is a reasonable wage to pay young players? I for one, have little idea on this one.

The dilemma for the Rams is getting young players into the team and still winning the games.

No it was that we couldn't promise him a starting role. Nowt to do with money.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Chill out, we didn't agree terms because we couldn't guarantee him first team football. We supposedly offered more money than Hull, but the lad wants to play.

Archived