Reece Burke - Signed for Hull City

DcFc Dyycheee

No idea whether he's any good or not, but he's certainly at the right age & seems to have the right pedigree for a player who should be looking to compete with Keogh & Davies at CB - at least growing as a footballer under them.

No massive statement of intent, but certainly shows a mindset change which hopefully will be beneficial for us in the long term. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No idea whether he's any good or not, but he's certainly at the right age & seems to have the right pedigree for a player who should be looking to compete with Keogh & Davies at CB - at least growing as a footballer under them.

No massive statement of intent, but certainly shows a mindset change which hopefully will be beneficial for us in the long term. 

plus... weve done hull over again...

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

At this time of night?

B&Q Garden Furniture sale starts at 7am in the morning, He will be camping outside so he gets first dibs on a 3 piece cast iron Bistro set.

6 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not a position we need to fill... Keogh and Davies are both good enough so Keogh must be going... this lad wouldn't sign to not start surely? 

or maybe we are going for 3 at the back? maybe something simlar to what england are playing?

This basically says our own central defensive options are rather limited in the under 23 set up with probably Pearce looking to leave for constant game time and it would again reduce the wage bill whilst increases the cost of transfers if it goes ahead 

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

or maybe we are going for 3 at the back? maybe something simlar to what england are playing?

Yep. If we play 3 at the back, another centre half is a must for me. Roll on Saturday and the first glimpse of what formation we might be playing.

7 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

If there were a chance of me being sold to Hull or Norwich, I think I'd be in a car up to Derby in the middle of the night as well, if there were a chance it might save me from either of those footballing sh1tholes.

Hull I agree is a sh1thole but please do not put Norwich in the same bracket, it is a fine city and a great place to live.

Just now, DcfcMatt said:

Hull I agree is a sh1thole but please do not put Norwich in the same bracket, it is a fine city and a great place to live.

Can't comment on Hull but Norwich is a lovely place and Norwich a decent football club...

3 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

That's why I very pointedly said 'footballing sh1thole' - although I agree, Hull is a sh1thole by any definition.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can't comment on Hull but Norwich is a lovely place and Norwich a decent football club...

Agreed do a lot of work in Norwich and it's a lovely place. Decent club too but not as good as the rams. I would say with Frank we would have the edge.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Yep. If we play 3 at the back, another centre half is a must for me. Roll on Saturday and the first glimpse of what formation we might be playing.

If we're playing three at the back we have Wisdom as the third central defender. He's certainly not a wing back!

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

If we're playing three at the back we have Wisdom as the third central defender. He's certainly not a wing back!

Actually, Wisdom impressed me in the wingback role, in the dying days of Rowett, I honestly didn't think he was capable of going past the halfway line, but as it turns out he must have been told to stay back and let Forsyth bomb on under McClaren; and well... to just stay back under the 4-1-3-2 formation Rowett played for most of his time here.

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is he anymore of a centre half, I know he’s played there but he’s always been reverted back to a right back.

Archived