Reece Burke - Signed for Hull City

DcFc Dyycheee

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

If we're playing three at the back we have Wisdom as the third central defender. He's certainly not a wing back!

Spot on! When he was growing up, he was a centre back. It was only under McClaren that he shifted to right back full time and even then, he was told to stay back a lot, almost to act as a another centre back whilst Forsyth bombed on on the other side.. I think he’d be perfect as a centre back in the championship, he’s quick and strong . Let’s not forget that he played centre back for red bull Salzburg, the team who reached the Europa league semi finals last year.

Meanwhile, he isn’t the best going forward and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. In a wing back role, the players on the right and left must be brilliant at crossing and possess good dribbling skills to provide the width otherwise it would be too narrow. England with Trippier and young are good examples of what wing backs should be.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reece burke isn't exactly a wing back either.  

At bolton he only filled in at RB when the RB bombed on. Can't just remember who that was....but whoever it was, they were the 'wing back'.

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not a position we need to fill... Keogh and Davies are both good enough so Keogh must be going... this lad wouldn't sign to not start surely? 

Maybe we're going to be playing 3 at the back this season... 

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Reece burke isn't exactly a wing back either.  

At bolton he only filled in at RB when the RB bombed on. Can't just remember who that was....but whoever it was, they were the 'wing back'.

Antonio?

Just now, DcfcJack said:

Surely this means we have another season of Keogh and Davies ahead of us, I’ve got nothing against keogh but I think it’s time we moved on.

Hes been a great servant for the club but he is just too inconsistent, you never know which Keogh will turn up. Like Martin and Bryson that 2014 season is long gone so time to move on

2 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

Surely this means we have another season of Keogh and Davies ahead of us, I’ve got nothing against keogh but I think it’s time we moved on.

Keogh is one of the best centre backs in the Championship, its a case of 'be careful what you wish for'

Archived