Reece Burke - Signed for Hull City

DcFc Dyycheee

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

One of the best according to who though?  I’m looking at it from both sides but if he was one of the best, wouldn’t a premier league club have snapped him by now?

No

Premier League clubs rarely buy CBs from the Championship and if they do it's young ones they buy for the potential - Can easily be one of the best CBs in the league and not have any approaches from the PL - Anyone come in for Davies from the PL yet for example?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao how many games has Keogh actually been poor in? Can only think of a hand full in the last 4 years. If some people say something often enough people will start to believe. Curtains has been trying for ages but didn’t quite work out for him! ?

21 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I disagree. If he's anything about him (and he's only 21) then to show the manager that he can be good enough to claim a regular starting place should be an incentive.

If that's his reason for not joining Derby then I for one am not that bothered.

Absolutely spot on!

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

No

Premier League clubs rarely buy CBs from the Championship and if they do it's young ones they buy for the potential - Can easily be one of the best CBs in the league and not have any approaches from the PL - Anyone come in for Davies from the PL yet for example?

Davies has played the majority of his career in the premier league though. If players are good enough centre back or not, they will get snapped up. There’s too much money in the premier league and even if the said player doesn’t work out, they can easily dispose of him and say oh well that didn’t work out, onto the next target.

It makes me question why haven’t they bought him if he’s one of the best in the league?

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Davies has played the majority of his career in the premier league though. If players are good enough centre back or not, they will get snapped up. There’s too much money in the premier league and even if the said player doesn’t work out, they can easily dispose of him and say oh well that didn’t work out, onto the next target.

It makes me question why haven’t they bought him if he’s one of the best in the league?

Which other championship CBs have been picked up by Premier League teams?

If you're newly promoted you probably stick with the pairing who got you there - If you just avoided relegation you probably work on the assumption the pairing you have are good enough to do so again - If you're mid-table then you buy the better players from below you or speculate on youth players or those from abroad

Sometimes the best players in the Championship just carry on being the best players in the Championship

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Lmao how many games has Keogh actually been poor in? Can only think of a hand full in the last 4 years. If some people say something often enough people will start to believe. Curtains has been trying for ages but didn’t quite work out for him! ?

I agree, Davis made a couple of horrendous mistakes that cost goals..and not a word..

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Hes been a great servant for the club but he is just too inconsistent, you never know which Keogh will turn up. Like Martin and Bryson that 2014 season is long gone so time to move on

Keogh made as many mistakes as Davies last season which was not many and a Keogh without trying to do everyone’s else’s job is a major asset 

I don’t know if this guy was going to be average or fantastic I just don’t know but what has impressed me is that the manager will have been open with him and told him you may be 3rd or 4th choice and obviously you have to prove you are better than the others when given a chance

no one should ever be guaranteed a starting place in any team it should be earned and then everyone gets the respect of all the players in that respect.

1 hour ago, Walsall_Ram said:

Had a thought, not sure if posted..

John Terry factor involved in the decision? I know we have Pearce, but you'd say Burke would be ahead of him regardless if he was sold.

It's hard to say - Pearce is an international defender, he's captained a club to promotion in the past. He's never been disappointing when he's come in, but he's always looked lesser than Keogh and Davies. I honestly think if we brought in a player that was actually a little bit crap then we would significantly notice. We've been quite fortune with CBs in recent years and I think it's shown. We haven't had a bad season defensively since 2013. 

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Antonio?

Right wing back for bolton......i looked it up.....it was Mark Little.

It was quite an interesting tactic. They had 5 at the back when they didn't have the ball. Little at RB and Burke at right side CB. When they got the ball they changed to four at back. Burke filled in at RB, and Little bombed on into midfield to try be a spare man. Didn't work though. We were 3-0 up within an hour. 

20 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Think he’s going to Hull.

Few people saying it on twitter and he’s liked a comment about going to Hull for games rather than us for money. 

I wish him all the best. I really do hope he does well too. 

Archived