Has reality dawned yet. (Curtains is still not convinced)

Curtains

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mr Giggles said:

No.

I'm still wetting myself over the prospects of the upcoming season.

Have you had a change of heart Curtains?

Mate it’s all up in the air as regards what’s going to happen this season 

Not sure the signs are that brilliant at the moment. 

Just now, curtains said:

Haven't you got any sort of excitement going into this season though, especially after Rowett snaked us out the way he did.

Seems to be everything we have asked for so far, a breath of fresh air, all media eyes on "Frank Lampards Derby County". There just seem to be a great feeling around the club at the minute.

That's what excites me about the new season anyway.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

What's the problem with the signs?

Now I still firmly believe that bringing in Lampard was a huge mistake. I'll be surprised if he's still our manager by Christmas. However, that's based on how often inexperienced ex top drawer pros fail as managers and that he'll always be a Blue at heart, not a Ram, not on anything that's happened since FL came in.

So far I think the club has done pretty well. I'd have preferred more signings before the start of pre-season, but FFP (IMO) dictates that was impossible - not Lampard's fault.

I'm pleased with Jody Morris coming in, pleased we've released Bent, Shackell and Baird, pleased we've got £2m for Weimann, pleased we are holding out  for a proper fee for Vydra and pleased we're trying to hold on to Carson. Every decision there looks correct from my perspective.

So to me, given the reality of where we are as a club, the signs actually look pretty promising.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’ll give it 3 months before people start moaning about Derby again 

It's weird Curtains. You're aiming at other fans, yet during this off season have consistently moaned about Derby!? 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you call yourself curtains as you consistently shut yourself off from reality or does it allude to something more sinister.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's weird Curtains. You're aiming at other fans, yet during this off season have consistently moaned about Derby!? 

Can’t help it if I’m not enthused about the Club situation and can’t understand the fans euphoria about it just because an inexperienced manager has arrived 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Every fan of every club, no matter if they’re top of the league consistently or winning the Champions League , will moan about their club. 

Just now, curtains said:

Can’t help it if I’m not enthused about the Club situation and can’t understand the fans euphoria about it just because an inexperienced manager has arrived 

Can't you see the irony in talking about other fans moaning, whilst moaning yourself?

Archived