Has reality dawned yet. (Curtains is still not convinced)

Curtains

45 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I'm excited by the whole Lampard/Morris team and potential of getting the Chelski lads on the cheap.

So what's the point of Elsnick, Thomas, Bogle et al then? Wasn't the point meant to be bring our own youngsters through, not someone elses?

Edit: oh and Lowe and Bennet and that new ex-Arsenal winger and McAllister...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Newleaf said:

Mate it’s all up in the air as regards what’s going to happen this season 

Not sure the signs are that brilliant at the moment. 

You said the same this time last year when Gary hadnt got rid of or signed enough players.

This summer in particular, I've felt the need to ignore all the balls around the transfer window - both incoming & outgoing. I feel a lot better for it. 

I'm going to look at the teams before the start of the season and then I think you will get a good idea of where we are at. 

We're going to sign players, we're going to lose players. We literally have no idea who we're going to be praising or criticising in 6 months. Thorne, will he get back to his best - can you imagine if he did? Blackman, can Lampard do what Steve Clarke did for him? Butterfield, can Lampard do what Paul Clement did for him? 

Leon Clarke scored 19 Championship goals last season. 19. I don't honestly think logic can be used when it comes to making such predictions. 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So what's the point of Elsnick, Thomas, Bogle et al then? Wasn't the point meant to be bring our own youngsters through, not someone elses?

Edit: oh and Lowe and Bennet and that new ex-Arsenal winger and McAllister...

Mcallister's been injured for the best part of 18 months, can't see him being anywhere near ready for first team football.

A potential Abraham loan would be good for us,  means the likes of Nugent would'nt knacker themselves to the ground by Crimbo. Our only two out and out strikers are 30+ year olds. Not much really in the youth ranks (Thomas was the outlet for the goals). Mount is a very creative player and creativity is something we seriously lacked last season - if Elsnik can't make the step up, then Mason Mount would be a superb signing on loan.

Da Silva is better than Max Lowe - always seems to be injured IMO. Didn't overly impress at Shrewsbury, maybe another loan on the cards.

Bennett is a weird one because last pre season he was one of the stand outs. Again, always seems to pull up with injury so how much can you rely on him over the course of the season?

If we have averaged a match day squad of Carson, Mitchell, Wisdom, Bogle, Da Silva, Davies, Wassall, Keogh, Mount, Huddlestone, Jozefzoon, Elnsik, Thomas, Jerome, Abraham, Bennett have a mix of everything; old heads, top class loans, academy players who'll only get better with game time.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Mcallister's been injured for the best part of 18 months, can't see him being anywhere near ready for first team football.

A potential Abraham loan would be good for us, 

..then Mason Mount would be a superb signing on loan.

Da Silva is better than Max Lowe 

Bennett is a weird one because last pre season he was one of the stand outs.

If we have averaged a match day squad of Carson, Mitchell, Wisdom, Bogle, Da Silva, Davies, Wassall, Keogh, Mount, Huddlestone, Jozefzoon, Elnsik, Thomas, Jerome, Abraham, Bennett have a mix of everything; old heads, top class loans, academy players who'll only get better with game time.

What's the point of including players we haven't signed?

If we don't give our youngsters a try we'll never know. We've a big enough, varied enough squad to not need any other loans, maybe see what's what in January.

As a pragmatist from an early age .Going right back to the day that Clough the elder was made Derby's new manager, I've never had any feelings of excitement or disappointment when a new manager is unveiled.

As reality dawned for me? No. The reality is I won't know if I'll consider Frank's appointment as good, bad or indifferent until I can see what kind of team he has assembled and how they perform on the pitch.

So until I see us kick a ball in anger, I'll not pass comment on our new manager.

As for our apparent lack of dealings in the transfer market, yes I sit with a feeling of frustration while hoping Frank knows what he's doing.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Why have you changed your name to Newleaf?

isnt that part of a dining table? You know, what you add to make room for gran at Christmas?

Being in the trade, I'd have to say no. I've never heard of a 'New Leaf' fixing to a table. A 'Drop Leaf' table has one or two hinged sections that allow space saving. There is also an 'extension leaf' which is a separate attachment to elongate your table.

As far as I'm aware a 'Newleaf' is simply a really boring, negative football fan and not a table piece at all.

Having said that, I never make tables anymore so I could be totally wrong.

15 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Being in the trade, I'd have to say no. I've never heard of a 'New Leaf' fixing to a table. A 'Drop Leaf' table has one or two hinged sections that allow space saving. There is also an 'extension leaf' which is a separate attachment to elongate your table.

As far as I'm aware a 'Newleaf' is simply a really boring, negative football fan and not a table piece at all.

Having said that, I never make tables anymore so I could be totally wrong.

Not since the infamous 3-legged Cedar Coffee Table Incident (3-LCCTI) anyway.

I'm going to wait and see. And by 'see', I mean go and watch them. I have no expectations one way or the other, but I have a feeling that we won't be playing anti-football.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's the point of including players we haven't signed?

If we don't give our youngsters a try we'll never know. We've a big enough, varied enough squad to not need any other loans, maybe see what's what in January.

As usual I fall between both of you. It’s great to get a loaner to add some spice .. Osman, Ibe, Widom in recent times but the core of your development surely must come from within. 

Anyway, it’s a new season and will be full of revelations I am sure. ... roll on kick off time. I can’t wait !

The whole thread is the role reversal from when Rowett was in charge. 

You wanted us to stop moaning and get behind the manager even though we didn't see a bright future... ironic now isn't it? 

You have no faith in Lampard because he never done owt.

I had no faith in Rowett because nothing he's done has was impressive to me. 

How can you not see the hypocrisy?

Big thing for me is we have got a positive identity again ,,, we had a real identity under Mac 1 , darlings of media playing rolls Royce football,,, then it went tits up and our identity became serial bottlers that the media couldn’t wait to call us that at the first sign of a loss , now we are the sleeping club with big history that is the exciting birth place of a modern football legends management career with the media willing him to produce a team to mirror the way he played ,

Do I mind the name change ? ,,,,,

frank lampards derby   V.  series bottle jobs derby ?

na bring it on ,,,, who knows whether any manager will succeed at any club ? There is positivety around the club again and by god we needed that, I’m going to be positive and enjoy feeling positive until it’s time to feel negative 

Archived