Has reality dawned yet. (Curtains is still not convinced)

Curtains

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Oh sorry 

Frankie Lampards Black and White army. 

Is that better 

I’m just trying to understand what the issue is? What are you actually moaning about as nobody can see it.

explain yourself and you might get a better adult response.

personally I’m excited about the future upcoming season because I don’t know what we are going to get, for once.

i bought in to Rowett last season but realised he was talking a load balls and serving up anti football.

hooefully it will be the other way around for you and you will start to enjoy Derby again

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

I’m just trying to understand what the issue is? What are you actually moaning about as nobody can see it.

Yep. I asked him what the club could do that would make him happy but no reply. Probably doesn’t even know himself!

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

personally I’m excited about the future upcoming season because I don’t know what we are going to get, for once.

i bought in to Rowett last season but realised he was talking a load balls and serving up anti football.

hooefully it will be the other way around for you and you will start to enjoy Derby again

Hopefully what can I say. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Yep. I asked him what the club could do that would make him happy but no reply. Probably doesn’t even know himself!

Of course I know. 

Be serious about promotion that’s all I ask. 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

yep, @curtains is a senior member of the forum with close to 20,000 posts, I don't agree with everything he says but he has my respect.  Just in a dark place at present I guess.  Sort yourself out!!!!!!!!

Close to 20,000?! I've counted over 20,000 from him criticising the club! 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I understand, but am a little more optimistic about Lampard's potential based on the track record of other top players but I don't see why the fact that he will always be a blue rather than a ram should be cause for concern.

Because we won't ever be anything more than brief footstool in his assent to manage Chelsea - or a miserable failure that ends his managerial career. Any sniff of success here and he'll be off - maybe not in one leap to Chelsea, but probably to a lower Premier League team so he can strengthen his CV for when the Chelsea job comes up again. There is no chance that he'll stick around in the medium term, so he all his decisions will be for Frank Lampard, not Derby County.

I'm not worried about whether our manager has previous connections with the club, but always hope that they'll become a Ram through ongoing success - Clough, Cox, Smith eg. Lampard is too Chelsea to ever become a Ram. And no it's not the same with any manager. Very few other candidates achieved so much, at such a high level with one club. Lampard is particularly Chelsea in a way that very, very few potential managers would be.

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Because we won't ever be anything more than brief footstool in his assent to manage Chelsea - or a miserable failure that ends his managerial career. Any sniff of success here and he'll be off - maybe not in one leap to Chelsea, but probably to a lower Premier League team so he can strengthen his CV for when the Chelsea job comes up again. There is no chance that he'll stick around in the medium term, so he all his decisions will be for Frank Lampard, not Derby County.

I'm not worried about whether our manager has previous connections with the club, but always hope that they'll become a Ram through ongoing success - Clough, Cox, Smith eg. Lampard is too Chelsea to ever become a Ram. And no it's not the same with any manager. Very few other candidates achieved so much, at such a high level with one club. Lampard is particularly Chelsea in a way that very, very few potential managers would be.

I take your point but, as you say, he'd have to experience some degree of success in order to be snapped up by a bigger club especially somewhere like Chelsea. Besides, choosing one of our own (Rowett for example) didn't exactly prevent the scenario you are describing.

@curtains

Frank Lampard, the guys who’s won everything except international trophies, do you think he really wants to take a job and not aim for promotion?

The guys a winner, he’s got a winners mentality, that hopefully will rub off on the staff and players.

At least give him a little time before you start giving it the old “I told you so”

You bring all the pelters that you get on yourself mate to be honest.

Come on the suns out.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

@curtains

Frank Lampard, the guys who’s won everything except international trophies, do you think he really wants to take a job and not aim for promotion?

The guys a winner, he’s got a winners mentality, that hopefully will rub off on the staff and players.

At least give him a little time before you start giving it the old “I told you so”

You bring all the pelters that you get on yourself mate to be honest.

Come on the suns out.

Puts your stats up though mate. 

Just now, curtains said:

That’s why he went to Stoke IMO. 

I disagree. I think the pay rise and the fact it's probably an easier route to the Premier League was his decision for leaving. If it was through fear of losing Vydra he would have just signed him for Stoke anyway, which he hasn't. 

Archived