Has reality dawned yet. (Curtains is still not convinced)

Curtains

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ThePrisoner said:

I just can’t comprehend it. If you’re burnt out and not enjoying the club, step away. You don’t need to come here wondering why everyone else is enjoying it just because you’re not. 

You are so wrong about . I guarantee you won’t piss me off though.  

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

.....I am  now officially not a Derby Fan. 

Were you ever? one of the most negative posters on the board - think you'd be better off supporting Man City - their fans are miserable gits as well - and they actually win things....

51 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

What's the problem with the signs?

Now I still firmly believe that bringing in Lampard was a huge mistake. I'll be surprised if he's still our manager by Christmas. However, that's based on how often inexperienced ex top drawer pros fail as managers and that he'll always be a Blue at heart, not a Ram, not on anything that's happened since FL came in.

So far I think the club has done pretty well. I'd have preferred more signings before the start of pre-season, but FFP (IMO) dictates that was impossible - not Lampard's fault.

I'm pleased with Jody Morris coming in, pleased we've released Bent, Shackell and Baird, pleased we've got £2m for Weimann, pleased we are holding out  for a proper fee for Vydra and pleased we're trying to hold on to Carson. Every decision there looks correct from my perspective.

So to me, given the reality of where we are as a club, the signs actually look pretty promising.

I understand, but am a little more optimistic about Lampard's potential based on the track record of other top players but I don't see why the fact that he will always be a blue rather than a ram should be cause for concern.

Just now, BondJovi said:

Pull yourself together. (Had to get in before anyone else)

No point being negative about the unknown.

Why am I not allowed an opinion about the clubs direction though. 

The reality is I don’t see the positives others are seeing. 

People can call me a WUM or tell me to get lost if they like. 

It hurts but I really do hate the clubs direction at the moment 

No need to bash Curtains.

I'm sure he has his reasons as to why he feels the way he does - I mean, we have all been massively let down by past problems at the club. So that has clearly tarnished the view of the future after having so much misery recently.

I'm sure there will be other fans that feel similarly to him in that regard.

I just think with Curtains he is waiting for results on the pitch before he gets excited, which he has every right to do.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Were you ever? one of the most negative posters on the board - think you'd be better off supporting Man City - their fans are miserable gits as well - and they actually win things....

Doesn’t matter if you think I’m not a Derby Fan.  I couldn’t care less what you think to be honest. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Will you hate it if it brings us success though? Do you just hate it because of the unknown? 

It’s all unknown to us at the moment but a vast majority are excited by the things it could bring.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Of course you're allowed one.

I just think, why can't you give Lampard a chance before moaning? If after a few months we're poo, go ahead moan to your heart's content. But why do it before we know what will happen? 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Have you asked for a Season Ticket refund mate?

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

No need to bash Curtains.

I'm sure he has his reasons as to why he feels the way he does - I mean, we have all been massively let down by past problems at the club. So that has clearly tarnished the view of the future after having so much misery recently.

I'm sure there will be other fans that feel similarly to him in that regard.

I just think with Curtains he is waiting for results on the pitch before he gets excited, which he has every right to do.

yep, @curtains is a senior member of the forum with close to 20,000 posts, I don't agree with everything he says but he has my respect.  Just in a dark place at present I guess.  Sort yourself out!!!!!!!!

Archived