Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

53 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Naylor is about as respected on the Brighton boards as Gloucestershire live's finest here - If he say's it's nonsense, it happened. ?

Don't you dare criticise the greatest tabloid of all time!

We know they have loads of varying stories!!

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/07/2018 at 09:12, RamNut said:

We can't keep giving people new contracts just because another club comes sniffing.

when we agreed recent contracts with carson and davies we presumably agreed to pay what we thought they were worth, and they were happy to accept. We can't compete with premier league wages. If Brighton offer him a big pay rise and he wants to go, either for the money or the opportunity of playing in the the Prem, then you let him go and move on.

Thats the reality of being a championship club.

Whilst I agree with what you're saying as a general rule, I don't in this case. His current contract expires in 2020, I would rather be negotiating a new deal this summer for one of our best players. Leaving it to next summer could mean he leaves for less money, or doesn't sign and goes on a free the year after. Doesn't make financial sense. 

On 09/07/2018 at 09:38, bristolram said:

Whilst I agree with what you're saying as a general rule, I don't in this case. His current contract expires in 2020, I would rather be negotiating a new deal this summer for one of our best players. Leaving it to next summer could mean he leaves for less money, or doesn't sign and goes on a free the year after. Doesn't make financial sense. 

Carson can retire as a legend in his own goalmouth at Derby. 

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, ramit said:

Carson should not be warming a bench, is too good for that IMO

I really like Roos and like that we're giving a younger keeper a chance

I really like Carson and love his stability and the reassurance he gives me

I don't know how to resolve these two things so leave it to Frank

However I massively agree that if he's not number 1 he's still good enough to be getting regular football somewhere else

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I really like Roos and like that we're giving a younger keeper a chance

I really like Carson and love his stability and the reassurance he gives me

I don't know how to resolve these two things so leave it to Frank

However I massively agree that if he's not number 1 he's still good enough to be getting regular football somewhere else

Keep Carson but explain dip in his form. 

Roos should play in goal for now but Carson is our number 1. He’ll be back next season.

I remember when Poom got injured and Hoult dislodged him. Took hoult to get injured for Poom to get his chance again, but he did and Hoult was back to number 2 and eventually left the club

The financial side must surely come into play.  If Roos is to be offered a new contract, it will be a much improved one from the one he currently has and we would then have two keepers on a relatively high wage.  i suppose if we make the PL it's doable, but hardly if we continue in this league.

20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Roos
Bryson
Pearce
Cole
Ambrose
Johnson
Olsson
Nugent
Blackman
Butterfield

Extend the contracts of Roos and (on more sensible terms) Johnson - release the rest.

Archived