Signings

Edtheram

Asking for a friend ?

When do you think we will be making Signings? I thought the club would of waited until the 1st of July and announced some before the Tenerife trip - I was wrong. With the lads and staff abroad until Friday surely no deals will be done till next Monday at the earliest. Our first game is on the 14th July surely you'd want your squad sorted and together bonding as soon as possible. Im just excited for signings - im sure they will be like a London bus ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If contracts are already agreed and signed and only need getting out of the drawer and activating that can be done and the player flown out to join the lads.   Wisdom was on the plane last year before his signing was official

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Would start to expect signings now pre season has started, don’t want to be leaving them too late like under Pearson. Need time to settle in, woild hope we’ll have some in over the next couple of weeks.

This is one of the problems with appointing new managers at the start of the summer, it does set you back slightly as they need to come in, take a look around see what they have and need to put on the shopping list.

Head coach situations are a bit different depending on the setup. 

I can understand why some are looking down the A52 and losing their minds, but Karanka hasn't just walked in the door, most of this would have been in the planning when their season was over months ago. 

Still over a month till the window closes and whilst ideally you would like most of your business wrapped up before pre season starts, get them in, integrated, see how Lampard wants to play, but we have to show a little patience given the situation we're in again. 

Not the end of the world if they miss the first couple of games of pre season, you don't have the luxury of a pre season in the January transfer window, thrown straight into the deep end at the business end of the season.

Signings will come, players will leave. 

Panic not. Still plenty of time and I'm sure a few things are already in the pipeline. 

Either way,  on watching the video on Rams TV for the first day back in training a little bit of wee came out. I blame it on excitement rather than my age. FL looked very relaxed and for me is no doubt already bringing a very different ethos to DCFC. ? 

Messiah Mel made it clear we aren't going to invest, the only way we will spend a penny is once we've shifted Vydra and Weimann.

It's unfortunate we can't just have a side of Hughes, Ince, Vydra and Hendrick but that's unfortunately down to Mel's spending spree in 2014 and has sadly harmed us for years to come.

If a player has a half decent season, expect them to be sold the following window basically. Only way we can stay within FFP i'm afraid.

Just now, Papahet said:

Messiah Mel made it clear we aren't going to invest, the only way we will spend a penny is once we've shifted Vydra and Weimann.

It's unfortunate we can't just have a side of Hughes, Ince, Vydra and Hendrick but that's unfortunately down to Mel's spending spree in 2014 and has sadly harmed us for years to come.

If a player has a half decent season, expect them to be sold the following window basically. Only way we can stay within FFP i'm afraid.

It's not on Mel for backing the management teams and Sam Rush.

Fans demand owners back their manager and recruitment teams. So he did.

More than one manager signed complete rubbish for £££ and Sam Rush was taking us for a ride.

Your blame is misplaced.

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I think you're stuck in a loading loop... (it's the 21st century equivalent of a broken record...)

image.png.17491c1519647e29f96d1cebe9b4ed73.png

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

At least we are in a better place than Villa.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's not on Mel for backing the management teams and Sam Rush.

Fans demand owners back their manager and recruitment teams. So he did.

More than one manager signed complete rubbish for £££ and Sam Rush was taking us for a ride.

Your blame is misplaced.

It's his money, he should be more careful what he does with it then.

You can't go round pointing fingers at Sam and managers, they've been and gone.

20 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I'm convinced you must be the moaning, whining, whinging bloke that sits behind me in East Stand - everything he spouts is negative

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

"You can't blame the people who are to blame because they're not here!"

Absurd.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

This is a simplistic view of what allegedly happened with Mel’s money being spent by Rush.

23 minutes ago, Papahet said:

If I give you a tenner to go get us 2 beers from the bar - And you come back with a beer and a water - Is that your fault for getting the wrong things? Or my fault for trusting you with my money?

43 minutes ago, Papahet said:

? Your 'FFP for Dummies' book needs rereading mate.

Archived