Signings

Edtheram

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

If only there was someone here not connected with the club, with an accounting background, and who could help shed some light on the situation. Anyone out there?

Try Swiss Ramble.

the rest are all nutters.

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Do people really believe we've already agreed deals for players but just aren't announcing it yet and absolutely no journalists has got hold of that information? The news about us trying for Palmer came out, why would deals for other Chelsea players that have actually been completed somehow remain secret?

We were receiving money for Ince six days before we even sold him, it happens 

14 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah me too, but those deals not getting out for weeks, particularly when they involve a club like Chelsea, I can't believe. I really hope Ed the Ram is right about Abraham as I'm sure most of us do, but he's gone from being all hopeful about signings and frequently posting about hoping we sign Abraham, to suddenly having info that he's joining. He himself was asking people on here if they knew anything about signings just 2 days and now he's suddenly come across a source within the club of his own apparently 

I was told. I know nothing of transfers granted - BUT the guy who told me does.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the most recent Lampard interview with Owen Bradley. He says the club are working hard on incomings and indicates that we’re not far away from making some signings...

On 04/07/2018 at 17:41, RoyMac5 said:

So the reality is it's just unfounded gossip based on us having a big wage bill and overspending. Not that the accounts show we're breaching FFP! Hardly think the League would say 'okay we'll ignore you going over the limit if you sell now'. One because we wouldn't have gone over and two because it wouldn't be fair or legal.

Think whatever you like and say whatever you want but it is not gossip. Some of us dont sit dreaming and making stuff up but just post when we are given some info and have an opinion on it. 

The club ARE under FFP pressure they HAVE done some fantastic negotiation to avoid big problems and possible transfer restrictions. Just like any business would do with regulatory authorities. 

FACT is that this year the spending on wages will be lower. FACT is that the club will reduce costs. FACT is that net transfer costs will be out not in.

Great news is that with a bright manager and coach this could be a massive blessing and we attract hungry young players who will deliver passion and desire on the pitch rather than counting cash and doing pension planning.

1 hour ago, Ramleicester said:

The club ARE under FFP pressure they HAVE done some fantastic negotiation to avoid big problems and possible transfer restrictions. Just like any business would do with regulatory authorities. 

FACT is that this year the spending on wages will be lower. FACT is that the club will reduce costs. FACT is that net transfer costs will be out not in.

Yes, Mel has already said all that.

You suggested there was 'collusion' - "Nothing will be agreed or signed until the club have done some out business and met terms of the informal agreement with the league that has avoided the imposition of an embargo."

I said 'what informal agreement would there be? How do they know what are accounts will show in the future? How have they threatened us with an embargo?

5 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Seems like a lot of tittle rattle. a dollop of hear say a touch gossip and whole heap horse poo.

I was told something last night that was definately maybe something along the lines of probably surely almost true about something potentially potential, I think

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Ive heard a rumour that a certain mr ronaldo is on his way to Derby ... 

Do they deliver? All the way from Thailand?

1395559904_ronaldopizza.jpg.645762ee61f63afc9031109fcbee939b.jpg

4 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

Think whatever you like and say whatever you want but it is not gossip. Some of us dont sit dreaming and making stuff up but just post when we are given some info and have an opinion on it. 

Great news is that with a bright manager and coach this could be a massive blessing and we attract hungry young players who will deliver passion and desire on the pitch rather than counting cash and doing pension planning.

If it helps i believe you.

4 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

If that is true....and it wouldn't surprise me.....it's difficult to heap too much praise on an exec team that a) got us into this mess; b) genuinely seemed to believe that FFP was all under control, and c) catagorically denied that we were sailing closer to the wind than they previously thought. The only possible excuse is that the contract extensions to baird and bent seemed  unplanned and could have resulted from some sam rush frolics. Otherwise they claimed to have everything nicely under control. A fantastic swerve to avoid a head on collision isn't that clever if we were drink driving without due care and attention in the first place.

this only serves to re-open the debate as to whether will hughes was sold to watford because we owed them money for anya and vydra that we couldn't find. Ditto christie to boro. Etc. 

(And Ramblur must have had a decimal point in the wrong place).

Is it possible that due to the way FFP is calculated now, with it being 2 yrs accounts and a projection for the 3rd year, that DCFC have been told to reign in the spending this year to comply?

If so, it would fit the criteria of compliance, while also meeting the need to pull spending back.

This would fit @Ramleicester account of the situation, while not implying dodgy dealings by league or club.

On 2 July 2018 at 13:05, cheron85 said:

If I give you a tenner to go get us 2 beers from the bar - And you come back with a beer and a water - Is that your fault for getting the wrong things? Or my fault for trusting you with my money?

Both? 

12 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Is it possible that due to the way FFP is calculated now, with it being 2 yrs accounts and a projection for the 3rd year, that DCFC have been told to reign in the spending this year to comply?

If so, it would fit the criteria of compliance, while also meeting the need to pull spending back.

This would fit @Ramleicester account of the situation, while not implying dodgy dealings by league or club.

Absolutely 

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

So after this season we are able to splash the cash again ?

44 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

So after this season we are able to splash the cash again ?

Well we wouldn’t be saddled with a lot of the we don’t want you anymore’s next summer ( unless we sign some of course )

Archived