Signings

Edtheram

Nothing will be agreed or signed until the club have done some out business and met terms of the informal agreement with the league that has avoided the imposition of an embargo. The club has done you all proud keeping us out of the poo so patience........ .

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Nothing will be agreed or signed until the club have done some out business and met terms of the informal agreement with the league that has avoided the imposition of an embargo. The club has done you all proud keeping us out of the poo so patience........ .

Where's that from?

20 hours ago, SaintRam said:

"You can't blame the people who are to blame because they're not here!"

Absurd.

In simple terms it's little like Brexit is no longer David Cameron's PROBLEM, but he will always be to BLAME for it.

You can blame others for how they deal with the fallout, but it wasn't their choice.  Like all these situations instigated by idiots there is a mess left behind for others to clear up.

Are we absolving Hitler etc now they're dead? 

13 hours ago, SaintRam said:

You could be right, of course, but the wording doesn't really make sense for me. 

"any new signings" would be one thing but "any of the new signings" just implies to me that he knows who they are.

It's just two words of course, and he can easily just be slightly misspeaking but I choose the road of blind optimism.

Spot on SaintRam.  My interpretation too.

We will be signing people. I expect people out of the door for money and then 2-3 loans using Lampard's footy connections. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign any permanent. Next summer we will clear out a lot again and sign more long term based on what league we are in. With the kind of loans we might be able to acquire we will still be giving it a go this season but it's a lower risk strategy whilst we get big earning, under achieving players off the books and plan more long-term.

31 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Right from the horses mouth.

Then ask the horse why at the Silk Mill fans forum it was denied that we were sailing close to the wind with regards to FFP......

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

Because everyone has a clean slate, but everyone has a price too. Money talks.

Also, a clean slate doesn't mean that Lampard rates every player at the club - the clean slate bit just means he will decide whether they have a future here based on his view of their abilities and their attitude (and the way they may fit into his team formation) - he's basically saying that those players on loan last year will be judged on merit and not just because Rowett didn't want them here....

i dont want to say too much incase the source is poor but i believe what i heard. deal agreed for Abraham. We have defo signed new players already. Davies said "Shame that its a bit too early so that the new players cant be here" and Owen Bradley said to Tom Huddlestone "What about the new faces......The youth players". Listen to the interview between Bradley and Huddlestone sounds like he let something slip a little and quickly corrected himself.....

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

i dont want to say too much incase the source is poor but i believe what i heard. deal agreed for Abraham. We have defo signed new players already. Davies said "Shame that its a bit too early so that the new players cant be here" and Owen Bradley said to Tom Huddlestone "What about the new faces......The youth players". Listen to the interview between Bradley and Huddlestone sounds like he let something slip a little and quickly corrected himself.....

I think this is just people getting too excited and looking far too deep into anything and everything that people associated with the club say.

There's still plenty of time for signings to be made, relaxxxxxxx.

On 02/07/2018 at 12:27, Papahet said:

Messiah Mel made it clear we aren't going to invest, the only way we will spend a penny is once we've shifted Vydra and Weimann.

It's unfortunate we can't just have a side of Hughes, Ince, Vydra and Hendrick but that's unfortunately down to Mel's spending spree in 2014 and has sadly harmed us for years to come.

If a player has a half decent season, expect them to be sold the following window basically. Only way we can stay within FFP i'm afraid.

Why is that mels spending spree? The players were signed by the managers.

Archived