Signings

Edtheram

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/07/2018 at 13:17, Papahet said:

Rush was given the boot last May? Since then we've signed Lawrence for a over the top sum, handed new deals to Forysth, Pearce and Hanson - none are much cop BTW. Gave Rowett a new deal on the bac of half a dozen results/the second Stoke came sniffing.

How is that Sam Rush's fault?

And in that deal made 2mil from getting rid of rowett.thats about 1.5 mil profit.

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

That's not a conversation i'd want to have with my kid...

Lol giggles my fault for trying to work and type.

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

Then ask the horse why at the Silk Mill fans forum it was denied that we were sailing close to the wind with regards to FFP......

That is so naive.. of course we are. That is what all the cost cutting and changes are all about. It is a matter of record from everything said recently by the club. But I forget that the Silk Mill fans forum is the font of all knowledge and governance. I am sure that any question was answered very 'carefully'.

I am just saying that we NOW have a very strong team of people who have managed a tough situation very well and kept the club in with a chance of doing good business. What I have said is factual from a person directly involved and will become open info.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:11, Ramleicester said:

Nothing will be agreed or signed until the club have done some out business and met terms of the informal agreement with the league that has avoided the imposition of an embargo.

This will become common knowledge, that we are under threat of embargo?

Or are you just twisting words - everyone knows the penalty for breaching FFP, but we haven't and aren't likely to. 

What informal agreement, with whom?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or are you just twisting words - everyone knows the penalty for breaching FFP, but we haven't and aren't likely to. 

Yer i cant see there being an agreement at all thats like the league giving us a second chance plus to the best of my knowledge we are not close at all but just that if we dont sort our house out we will be in the future.

1 hour ago, Ramleicester said:

That is so naive.. of course we are. That is what all the cost cutting and changes are all about. It is a matter of record from everything said recently by the club. But I forget that the Silk Mill fans forum is the font of all knowledge and governance. I am sure that any question was answered very 'carefully'.

I am just saying that we NOW have a very strong team of people who have managed a tough situation very well and kept the club in with a chance of doing good business. What I have said is factual from a person directly involved and will become open info.

Who is this strong team we now have?

1 hour ago, Ramleicester said:

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

That would be an extremely surprising move - If we have agreed a deal to not get embargoed because we really are in breach of FFP then part of any deal would have been to keep it quiet too

I don't know the position on the finances so you may well be right there - It would be a little odd that Lampard would agree to come here with probable other offers on the table and no rush to need management right away if he thought we had no money to spend - But it could easily be possible and I'll assume you have correct knowledge

However - I work in communication and it doesn't seem logical that the club would do a deal to avoid FFP and then let it becoem public knowledge - Would be bad PR for the club and the league

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

However - I work in communication and it doesn't seem logical that the club would do a deal to avoid FFP and then let it becoem public knowledge - Would be bad PR for the club and the league

So the reality is it's just unfounded gossip based on us having a big wage bill and overspending. Not that the accounts show we're breaching FFP! Hardly think the League would say 'okay we'll ignore you going over the limit if you sell now'. One because we wouldn't have gone over and two because it wouldn't be fair or legal.

Do people really believe we've already agreed deals for players but just aren't announcing it yet and absolutely no journalists has got hold of that information? The news about us trying for Palmer came out, why would deals for other Chelsea players that have actually been completed somehow remain secret?

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Do people really believe we've already agreed deals for players but just aren't announcing it yet and absolutely no journalists has got hold of that information? The news about us trying for Palmer came out, why would deals for other Chelsea players that have actually been completed somehow remain secret?

I don't believe that.

However, agreeing deals but not finalising them until certain sales have gone through? That I could believe...

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

I don't believe that.

However, agreeing deals but not finalising them until certain sales have gone through? That I could believe...

Yeah me too, but those deals not getting out for weeks, particularly when they involve a club like Chelsea, I can't believe. I really hope Ed the Ram is right about Abraham as I'm sure most of us do, but he's gone from being all hopeful about signings and frequently posting about hoping we sign Abraham, to suddenly having info that he's joining. He himself was asking people on here if they knew anything about signings just 2 days and now he's suddenly come across a source within the club of his own apparently 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah me too, but those deals not getting out for weeks, particularly when they involve a club like Chelsea, I can't believe. I really hope Ed the Ram is right about Abraham as I'm sure most of us do, but he's gone from being all hopeful about signings and frequently posting about hoping we sign Abraham, to suddenly having info that he's joining. He himself was asking people on here if they knew anything about signings just 2 days and now he's suddenly come across a source within the club of his own apparently 

If "rumours" are to be "believed", then most of the names kinda have gotten out already.

On the Ed the Ram thing: you're a longstanding and reliable poster on this forum. You should know better than to hang your hat on this sort of thing ? 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

If "rumours" are to be "believed", then most of the names kinda have gotten out already.

On the Ed the Ram thing: you're a longstanding and reliable poster on this forum. You should know better than to hang your hat on this sort of thing ? 

I rarely hang my hat on it unless it's SDSR or Mackworth, but when others do I like to point out why it might not be the most reliable ?

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I rarely hang my hat on it unless it's SDSR or Mackworth, but when others do I like to point out why it might not be the most reliable ?

I haven’t heard anything for ages, I still speak to my pal a regularly but he doesn’t mention any of that stuff anymore. Haven’t really asked why.

I know Mackworth hasn’t posted anything either for a while and there seems to be a reduced Derby focus in the media this summer. John Percy and perhaps James Nursey seem to be the only guys who have an ear inside the club. 

I think our entire summer depends on Vydra’s sale, but I am also glad that Derby aren’t panic selling him. 

The issue seems to be that Chelsea still haven’t got a manager, and also have to finalise their own summer plans/premier league squads. I think it’s quite possible that Jay DaSilva/Tammy Abraham could be in and around their squads next season, particularly the latter 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I haven’t heard anything for ages, I still speak to my pal a regularly but he doesn’t mention any of that stuff anymore. Haven’t really asked why.

I know Mackworth hasn’t posted anything either for a while and there seems to be a reduced Derby focus in the media this summer. John Percy and perhaps James Nursey seem to be the only guys who have an ear inside the club. 

I think our entire summer depends on Vydra’s sale, but I am also glad that Derby aren’t panic selling him. 

The issue seems to be that Chelsea still haven’t got a manager, and also have to finalise their own summer plans/premier league squads. I think it’s quite possible that Jay DaSilva/Tammy Abraham could be in and around their squads next season, particularly the latter 

Yeah, if ever there's a time to make use of some of the talented young players they've collected over the years it's probably now. A new manager, lower expectations and an ageing squad. Loftus Cheek, Abraham and possibly Ampadu are a few names who could end up getting a chance next season under a new manager

6 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

The question was answered with a total catagoric denial.

22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The question was answered with a total catagoric denial.

If only there was someone here not connected with the club, with an accounting background, and who could help shed some light on the situation. Anyone out there?

Archived