2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Some comments, well, quite a lot actually, from Brentford fans on the Forest Forum.

They looked very good mid week, they looked a tired, old, dirty, cynical side yesterday who reminded me of both Boro and Derby sides of recent seasons.

Karanka really is a Spanish Tony Pulis isn't he, all about nullifying the opposition and disrupting any type of flow to a game hoping for a lucky goal. That being said how what a great feeling it is that these so called big clubs have to come to GP and basically admit defeat from the off in trying to beat us at football.

The only attacking tactic Karanka had in the first half was for either Pantilimon or their right back to hoof it up to Murphy as I think Karanka suspected that the big lump could bully our two 20 year old centre backs.

Oooooh....!!!!!

i presume he means Rowett last season when we mugged them for a point with about 15% possession? 

52 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Aw, bless...

It’s funny how they assumed they were suddenly going to kick on from a decent performance against Newcastle. Such short memories. Do they not remember they beat Arsenal in the Cup last year (winning the whole competition in the process). Did that see them shoot up the league with a raft of incredible performances to follow it? Nope. No it did not. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Red dogs sign another Greek international on a free after his release from the owners Greek club - not against the rules but again it’s the Watford scenario again without hopefully the same ending 

Suppose we did the same in the late 80's with Hebberd and Saunders when Captain Bob owned both us and Oxford. Difference was our signings were good one's.

I was having a read of Forest’s forum earlier. Especially the ‘demise of Derby’ thread since Lampard took over.

Some quite interesting comments. I liked this one:

“I can't believe how calm Derby fans are being about what Lampard is doing to their club.

They've sold the divisions top goal scorer and brought in a right load of rubbish. He seems to have completely underestimated the quality level of the championship and continues to do so.

Wilson and Tomori are not even close to being ready for this level, they look like they should be playing youth football.

Even in the Reading game that they won they looked awful and Lampard was powerless to effect the game. Compare that with Karanka when he made the formation switch to 4-4-2 to match them and introduced energy up top with Cash and Soudani and completely changed the flow of that game.

I guess thats what happens when you hand a championship club to a manager who has never managed a single game. A complete novice.

Keogh has looked even worse than usual. Even their better players are aging rapidly. If they stick with Lampard they are a bottom 5 team. Possibly relegated but at best within 5 points of it. Waghorn for £5million. Im still laughing at that one.

They seem to have had another roll of the transfer dice. I can't imagine the budget it great to correct this summers mistakes. They could be in for a rough few years and the Lampard connection means it will all play out in the spotlight of the national media.”

I liked the bit how he calls Lampard a complete novice and goes on to suggest Karanka is some sortnof tactical genius.

Lampard has won 4 of his last six Championship games.

Karanka has won 4 of his last 18 Championship games.

I still expect Forest to finish in the top six this season, but Karanka is underperforming there.

Archived