2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

You're right of course. Thank goodness they're playing some blinding football. Karankie of course, is well known for his teams playing like 1970s Brazil....?

Once the Portuguese lads click then I think you'll see some much better defending and that will take the pressure off the strikers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Once the Portuguese lads click then I think you'll see some much better defending and that will take the pressure off the strikers

All I have heard all summer is ‘that Mendes knows what he’s doing. He only has class players.’

I have listened to themspouting theircrap then there was the mind the gap after 3 games. I kept trying to tell them that Kranky played boring football but they were having none of it. Mendes singing for £15m I asked who he was which I couldn’t get a straight answer. He knows what he’s doing blah blah blah........

It’s all gone quiet over there. It’s all gone quiet over there...

It’s all gone quiet all gone quiet all gone quiet over there...

Surely you don’t employ a Portuguese manager and spend a shed load of money on Portuguese players without getting results and automatic promotion ........ do you?

Oh yes Wolves did it, and it worked for them. Lightening striking twice? I don’t think so. They had Espirito de Porto Santo to manage them, not Krankee MkII. 

Some creative writing on the Forest Forum to be fair... ??

”Forest at the moment is like a bloke getting drunk, pulling and then not being able to perform due to whiskey dick. 

We've got the ability and talent it's just finding a way for us to implement it fully.”

48 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Surely you don’t employ a Portuguese manager and spend a shed load of money on Portuguese players without getting results and automatic promotion ........ do you?

Oh yes Wolves did it, and it worked for them. Lightening striking twice? I don’t think so. They had Espirito de Porto Santo to manage them, not Krankee MkII. 

They’re far too smart for that...they employed a Spanish manager and bought Portuguese players

Some comments, well, quite a lot actually, from Brentford fans on the Forest Forum.

Usual Karanka tactics - cheating, diving etc.

Typical karanaka, hoof ball and the dark arts. How the fekk we have walked off with 3 yellows to their two tells you all you need to know about the ref. We have got involved in two incidents of their manufacture and got yellows when we should be rolling around. Twice their player have hit the deck holding their faces after no contact.

On the football front we have camped in their third the whole game and they have had one soft shot the entire game.

Typical Karanka team determined to niggle and spoil our game.

What an awful negative team Forest are. Brian Clough would be absolutely appalled at the tactics, which seem to be to get the ref showing us a red card.

Very proud of this team. Stuck at it despite terrible anti football tactics from Karanka.

Talk Rubbish commentator summed Forest up as "awful". Money well spent.

Midfield of josh, Macleod and Sawyers dominating.. should prob be further ahead. Forest a horrible side as expected.

4 minutes added cos of their wasting time and poo and we score after 3 ha ha ha. Cloughie would be turning in his grave!

Really enjoyable half, Forest’s dirty tactics though horrible are really helping the atmosphere crank up and getting the crowd going.

Hefele - should have seen red for putting his head in Barbet's face.

Karanka doing a Mourinio buys lots of good players then adopts negative tactics.

Forest - niggly, dirty, time wasting. The difference with this side and Karanka's Boro are the players. He had decent ones like Leadbitter 3 years ago.

Us - patient and playing football.

Will be criminal if Forest get anything out of this.

That could be four points wasted from errors. For God’s sake. Finish the dirty Trees off.

Well played Bees. Gave them what they deserved.

12 players booked in the game!! We lost 5-7.

Excellent victory for football over thuggery. Ref run out of yellow cards.

Football 2 Anti-football 1

Fully deserved result against such a cynical team.

We have lost a few to Karanka sides. Not this time, at an early stage, but this season is already shaping up nicely.

Great to get 3 points from such a horribly, niggly match. To be fair to Forest, although they were extremely cynical, they did try and play a bit of football as well.Oh, and Lewis Grabban is an absolute weapon.

We've beaten Karanka's Forest twice now. It is an early stage for them to bed in the tens of millions of pounds of new players, but he's been there more than half a season (in which, according to a Forest fan on twitter, they've picked up 26 points from 28 games). Maybe they shouldn't have sacked Warburton.

A poor incarnation of Borough.
Forest and their inbred fans were horrible.

Karanka stinks the place out yet again, Horrible cynical tactics, that squad of theirs could probably play good stuff if only they weren’t told to niggle their way through the game.

Cloughie would be so proud of your yob fans chants, hold your heads in shame.

I didn't hear anything other than the usual football chants, did I miss something?

They were vile, I can only remember 2 shots in the entire game, one trickled into Bentleys arms and one trickled through them. The second half they made changes and for 20 mins they started to play a bit and Grabban offered some movement rather than the static and hapless Murphy who was in our back 2's pocket, however they still didn't create a single chance of note. We made the subs and took over again and created another dozen chances.

The really frustrating thing is we have been kicked, niggled and subjected to the most slytherin type black arts yet we walk away with 5 yellows when we haven't even made a bad foul. 4 of them were for getting involved in niggles which were all of NF architecture. Why didn't we just hit the ground or walk away, OK, I don't want us to be bullied but we have to be cuter. The only way they could ever equal the game was to drag us into a punch up or get us booked and a few of our players sleep walked into in.

A very just result and Brian Clough is spinning in his grave tonight watching what his club have become, utter scum.

Can't understand it. They played so well against Newcastle mid week. Shocking tactics. So glad we deservedly took all 3 points and they went home empty handed.

Thoroughly deserved win against a horrible, snidey, dirty, whinging team who epitomised their Manager.*They came for a draw with their keeper looking to waste time from first minute and the two ginger fukwits trying to get in the refs face and influence every decision. Lovely to see after all that time wasting that both our goals came in extra time!

Forest were nothing like the excellent side I watched outplay Newcastle midweek thank goodness and 2-1 flattered them with only real cause for concern Dans fumble. It was their only real chance and they should have been buried by half time but the changes at half time saw a far better balanced side and they were back in the game but looked like we’d weathered the storm when they got lucky and back in the game.

Ref did his best to ruin it with 12 bookings when had he been in control of the game they’d have lost Watson and the donkey of a left full back Robinson for a succession of niggly, cynical fouls and then trying to get our players sent off at the end.

Loved it when we sang to that ugly little ginger karnt who had been winding up the Paddock, he would never win a modelling contract. Oh and that big lump at the back who looked like an extra from Jesus of Nazareth was beyond useless and their fans are knobs of the highest order so wonderful to send them home pointless.

Ben Watson should have gone by the half hour mark.

How was Watson not sent off today. He should have gone by the 70th minute and then in the melee at the end he had lost it and was having to be be restrained, another yellow card if not a straight red. The ref was a disgrace had no control over the game and the worst sort of ref for us to have against a Karanka side. I don't mind us picking up cards today as we stood toe to toe (literally) with them and showed we won't be bullied.

I really don't get the Forest fans, they should hate what Karanka sets them up to do but they seem to like him given the amount of times they chant his name.

Sunday morning pub side, tactics and approach. Rarely been happier to come away with all three points. Anyone seen Grabbans kestrel … perhaps he left it at Villa?

Thought the disrespect for the officials from the Forest team was disgusting. They knew just how far to push it. Classic Karanka. Ref needed more cojones - book the feckers early. Bottled it, especially at the end and booked players from both sides to keep it even. Karanka should be ashamed, but won't be.

Best team won, and won comfortably frankly.

“Utter Scum” - those 2 words sum up the Notts Forest I saw today nicely, (team + fans). Can’t see them achieving anything, despite the big spending.

and for extra sweetness, the father-in-law is a Forest fan who was there in Munich '79 and still goes on about it ... so I loved the 'you're not famous any more' song.

I love beating has been clubs.*

Let’s face it, if you’re a Forest fan under the age of 40, you’ve got no memories of winning anything.*

Throw in a massive dose of sore loser and it’s a welcome three points for me.

Forrest, assembled for a fortune and unbeaten in the league and cup were made to look like a league one side.

Some guys chucked out of B301 Braemer towards end of first half. Why? I was sat nearby - lot of bad language exchanged and squaring up between two groups but I was trying to concentrate on the game. Were they simply away fans or was it something more?

They were gobby forest fans. Got found out, got kicked out, wasted X amount of money to watch nothing.

It was a carbon copy Karanka performance...timewasting, gamesmanship, rotational fouling, no creativity. We fully deserved the win.

Were they Middlesborough in disguise? Typical Karanka team, could not match our football so sought other methods to compete.

Now bottom/top(?) of the Fair Play League, & picked up a deserved £5000 FA fine for all their bookings yesterday.

At the end Robinson, Watson, Darykwani , Ginger Elephant man and that twit Grabban were all trying to bait Sawyers and get him sent off. The referee pooped himself and booked anyone in the area and then blew for full time. The karma in it all is that both our goals came in extra time so that sneaky weasel Karanka tactics failed!

How did that ref let Watson get away with so much back chat. Watson started in the first 5 mins have a go at the ref and continued throughout the game. Watson’s a nasty little Barstard.

But the winnng goal came in the 84th minute, not extra time. Grabban was seriously after Sawyers, the ref should have red carded him off the pitch!

Grabban and the gingers in particular were disgraces, didn't once try to play football just to intimidate the ref and goad our players.

A game we should/could have scored a hatful in (especially in the first half) but came dangerously close to giving away a point.

Karanka’a anti-football came to town and it got slapped away, a keeper slowing it down in the first minute, a ref not big enough to control it.

Karanka’s desperate ideology nearly worked for them, if Forest fans honestly appraised that 90 mins then surely they’d be worried, a gifted goal and a 10 min spell was allthey offered, Karanka has spent well.

The first half was like the alamo - they barely registered a presence in and around our penalty area.

They looked very good mid week, they looked a tired, old, dirty, cynical side yesterday who reminded me of both Boro and Derby sides of recent seasons.

Karanka really is a Spanish Tony Pulis isn't he, all about nullifying the opposition and disrupting any type of flow to a game hoping for a lucky goal. That being said how what a great feeling it is that these so called big clubs have to come to GP and basically admit defeat from the off in trying to beat us at football.

The only attacking tactic Karanka had in the first half was for either Pantilimon or their right back to hoof it up to Murphy as I think Karanka suspected that the big lump could bully our two 20 year old centre backs.

13 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Some comments, well, quite a lot actually, from Brentford fans on the Forest Forum.

Usual Karanka tactics - cheating, diving etc.

Typical karanaka, hoof ball and the dark arts. How the fekk we have walked off with 3 yellows to their two tells you all you need to know about the ref. We have got involved in two incidents of their manufacture and got yellows when we should be rolling around. Twice their player have hit the deck holding their faces after no contact.

On the football front we have camped in their third the whole game and they have had one soft shot the entire game.

Typical Karanka team determined to niggle and spoil our game.

What an awful negative team Forest are. Brian Clough would be absolutely appalled at the tactics, which seem to be to get the ref showing us a red card.

Very proud of this team. Stuck at it despite terrible anti football tactics from Karanka.

Talk Rubbish commentator summed Forest up as "awful". Money well spent.

Midfield of josh, Macleod and Sawyers dominating.. should prob be further ahead. Forest a horrible side as expected.

4 minutes added cos of their wasting time and poo and we score after 3 ha ha ha. Cloughie would be turning in his grave!

Really enjoyable half, Forest’s dirty tactics though horrible are really helping the atmosphere crank up and getting the crowd going.

Hefele - should have seen red for putting his head in Barbet's face.

Karanka doing a Mourinio buys lots of good players then adopts negative tactics.

Forest - niggly, dirty, time wasting. The difference with this side and Karanka's Boro are the players. He had decent ones like Leadbitter 3 years ago.

Us - patient and playing football.

Will be criminal if Forest get anything out of this.

That could be four points wasted from errors. For God’s sake. Finish the dirty Trees off.

Well played Bees. Gave them what they deserved.

12 players booked in the game!! We lost 5-7.

Excellent victory for football over thuggery. Ref run out of yellow cards.

Football 2 Anti-football 1

Fully deserved result against such a cynical team.

We have lost a few to Karanka sides. Not this time, at an early stage, but this season is already shaping up nicely.

Great to get 3 points from such a horribly, niggly match. To be fair to Forest, although they were extremely cynical, they did try and play a bit of football as well.Oh, and Lewis Grabban is an absolute weapon.

We've beaten Karanka's Forest twice now. It is an early stage for them to bed in the tens of millions of pounds of new players, but he's been there more than half a season (in which, according to a Forest fan on twitter, they've picked up 26 points from 28 games). Maybe they shouldn't have sacked Warburton.

A poor incarnation of Borough.
Forest and their inbred fans were horrible.

Karanka stinks the place out yet again, Horrible cynical tactics, that squad of theirs could probably play good stuff if only they weren’t told to niggle their way through the game.

Cloughie would be so proud of your yob fans chants, hold your heads in shame.

I didn't hear anything other than the usual football chants, did I miss something?

They were vile, I can only remember 2 shots in the entire game, one trickled into Bentleys arms and one trickled through them. The second half they made changes and for 20 mins they started to play a bit and Grabban offered some movement rather than the static and hapless Murphy who was in our back 2's pocket, however they still didn't create a single chance of note. We made the subs and took over again and created another dozen chances.

The really frustrating thing is we have been kicked, niggled and subjected to the most slytherin type black arts yet we walk away with 5 yellows when we haven't even made a bad foul. 4 of them were for getting involved in niggles which were all of NF architecture. Why didn't we just hit the ground or walk away, OK, I don't want us to be bullied but we have to be cuter. The only way they could ever equal the game was to drag us into a punch up or get us booked and a few of our players sleep walked into in.

A very just result and Brian Clough is spinning in his grave tonight watching what his club have become, utter scum.

Can't understand it. They played so well against Newcastle mid week. Shocking tactics. So glad we deservedly took all 3 points and they went home empty handed.

Thoroughly deserved win against a horrible, snidey, dirty, whinging team who epitomised their Manager.*They came for a draw with their keeper looking to waste time from first minute and the two ginger fukwits trying to get in the refs face and influence every decision. Lovely to see after all that time wasting that both our goals came in extra time!

Forest were nothing like the excellent side I watched outplay Newcastle midweek thank goodness and 2-1 flattered them with only real cause for concern Dans fumble. It was their only real chance and they should have been buried by half time but the changes at half time saw a far better balanced side and they were back in the game but looked like we’d weathered the storm when they got lucky and back in the game.

Ref did his best to ruin it with 12 bookings when had he been in control of the game they’d have lost Watson and the donkey of a left full back Robinson for a succession of niggly, cynical fouls and then trying to get our players sent off at the end.

Loved it when we sang to that ugly little ginger karnt who had been winding up the Paddock, he would never win a modelling contract. Oh and that big lump at the back who looked like an extra from Jesus of Nazareth was beyond useless and their fans are knobs of the highest order so wonderful to send them home pointless.

Ben Watson should have gone by the half hour mark.

How was Watson not sent off today. He should have gone by the 70th minute and then in the melee at the end he had lost it and was having to be be restrained, another yellow card if not a straight red. The ref was a disgrace had no control over the game and the worst sort of ref for us to have against a Karanka side. I don't mind us picking up cards today as we stood toe to toe (literally) with them and showed we won't be bullied.

I really don't get the Forest fans, they should hate what Karanka sets them up to do but they seem to like him given the amount of times they chant his name.

Sunday morning pub side, tactics and approach. Rarely been happier to come away with all three points. Anyone seen Grabbans kestrel … perhaps he left it at Villa?

Thought the disrespect for the officials from the Forest team was disgusting. They knew just how far to push it. Classic Karanka. Ref needed more cojones - book the feckers early. Bottled it, especially at the end and booked players from both sides to keep it even. Karanka should be ashamed, but won't be.

Best team won, and won comfortably frankly.

“Utter Scum” - those 2 words sum up the Notts Forest I saw today nicely, (team + fans). Can’t see them achieving anything, despite the big spending.

and for extra sweetness, the father-in-law is a Forest fan who was there in Munich '79 and still goes on about it ... so I loved the 'you're not famous any more' song.

I love beating has been clubs.*

Let’s face it, if you’re a Forest fan under the age of 40, you’ve got no memories of winning anything.*

Throw in a massive dose of sore loser and it’s a welcome three points for me.

Forrest, assembled for a fortune and unbeaten in the league and cup were made to look like a league one side.

Some guys chucked out of B301 Braemer towards end of first half. Why? I was sat nearby - lot of bad language exchanged and squaring up between two groups but I was trying to concentrate on the game. Were they simply away fans or was it something more?

They were gobby forest fans. Got found out, got kicked out, wasted X amount of money to watch nothing.

It was a carbon copy Karanka performance...timewasting, gamesmanship, rotational fouling, no creativity. We fully deserved the win.

Were they Middlesborough in disguise? Typical Karanka team, could not match our football so sought other methods to compete.

Now bottom/top(?) of the Fair Play League, & picked up a deserved £5000 FA fine for all their bookings yesterday.

At the end Robinson, Watson, Darykwani , Ginger Elephant man and that twit Grabban were all trying to bait Sawyers and get him sent off. The referee pooped himself and booked anyone in the area and then blew for full time. The karma in it all is that both our goals came in extra time so that sneaky weasel Karanka tactics failed!

How did that ref let Watson get away with so much back chat. Watson started in the first 5 mins have a go at the ref and continued throughout the game. Watson’s a nasty little Barstard.

But the winnng goal came in the 84th minute, not extra time. Grabban was seriously after Sawyers, the ref should have red carded him off the pitch!

Grabban and the gingers in particular were disgraces, didn't once try to play football just to intimidate the ref and goad our players.

A game we should/could have scored a hatful in (especially in the first half) but came dangerously close to giving away a point.

Karanka’a anti-football came to town and it got slapped away, a keeper slowing it down in the first minute, a ref not big enough to control it.

Karanka’s desperate ideology nearly worked for them, if Forest fans honestly appraised that 90 mins then surely they’d be worried, a gifted goal and a 10 min spell was allthey offered, Karanka has spent well.

The first half was like the alamo - they barely registered a presence in and around our penalty area.

They looked very good mid week, they looked a tired, old, dirty, cynical side yesterday who reminded me of both Boro and Derby sides of recent seasons.

Karanka really is a Spanish Tony Pulis isn't he, all about nullifying the opposition and disrupting any type of flow to a game hoping for a lucky goal. That being said how what a great feeling it is that these so called big clubs have to come to GP and basically admit defeat from the off in trying to beat us at football.

The only attacking tactic Karanka had in the first half was for either Pantilimon or their right back to hoof it up to Murphy as I think Karanka suspected that the big lump could bully our two 20 year old centre backs.

Think the Bees fans sum up the Red Dogs pretty well actually , love the comments about Karankas anti - football and if your under 40 and a forest fan you have no memory of winning anything , priceless

14 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Think the Bees fans sum up the Red Dogs pretty well actually , love the comments about Karankas anti - football and if your under 40 and a forest fan you have no memory of winning anything , priceless

So it looks as though the famous club won a lot of new converts in West London then.

27 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Well what a great bunch them Brentford lads are! Marvellous reading that. Bravo.

Went to Brentford aaway last season, really liked it as a club to visit. We played bradley as a number 10 and completed about 70 passes...oh, the burgeoning dawn of rowettball....

Anyway, plenty of time for Brentford.

Archived