2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

Just had a scout over at the Forest Forum to check out there thoughts on Robbie Findley. Didn't realise they'd signed the next Pele!!

I know this takes us back to 2010 but I think it's possible that you don't always get the player you think you're getting.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be going on the Forest forum when the time comes.

But since there are some here.

Dont you find it really concerning that you have spent £13million on what is effectively a Benfica reserve? 

He could turn out to be great but as of now thats really all he is, a B team player who cost £2mil less then Neves. 

Genuine question not a wind up, id be livid and really worried.

28 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Just had a scout over at the Forest Forum to check out there thoughts on Robbie Findley. Didn't realise they'd signed the next Pele!!

I know this takes us back to 2010 but I think it's possible that you don't always get the player you think you're getting.

Quality player....

Sith Happens
32 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It's refreshing to watch a player in red that has genuine quality on the ball. Been a rarity over the last few years. Long may it continue.

Which arsenal player are you on about? 

1 hour ago, Forest188 said:

No because after seeing all 3 Portugese players in the flesh, he (Carvalho) is a step above this level, and so is Gil Dias - who was ridiculed on here when he signed. You get what you pay for and he has the quality of a £13.5m player. None are luxury players, they all graft at full pace for 90 mins.

All will show their quality over a season, so be amused now while you can.

46 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It's refreshing to watch a player in red that has genuine quality on the ball. Been a rarity over the last few years. Long may it continue.

Thank you for the status updates. We're absolutely enthralled with your observations and ask that you continue to keep us informed as the season progresses. We're also delighted to hear that after so many barren years, you feel that you have some much needed quality in the team. As things stand you are well on target to hit 46 points this season which, after recent travails, is doubtless a massive relief. 

2 hours ago, Forest188 said:

No because after seeing all 3 Portugese players in the flesh, he (Carvalho) is a step above this level, and so is Gil Dias - who was ridiculed on here when he signed. You get what you pay for and he has the quality of a £13.5m player. None are luxury players, they all graft at full pace for 90 mins.

I watched the WBA game and they did ok, thought Dias did better of the two.

You played some nice football, should have won.

But didnt, and could easily have lost.

If that was Leeds then id be looking at Carvalho and thinking "we paid £13mil for you for games like this".

Those games where you should be winning but arent, there the games that sort of signing should be making the difference.

Saiz for us vs Stoke, Hernandez, Alioski, they all made positive impacts that day, assists or goals. 

We paid the money for those for that reason, to make the differences that matter.

Its still early days, i understand that, but for £13mil id be expecting an instant impact, not one in 2 3 4 5 10 games time.

You did play some nice stuff though tbf.

That shot from Guedioura had me out of my seat as it sailed towards the goal ?

19 hours ago, Caesar said:

Just had a scout of the Huddersfield forums to check out their thoughts on Hefele...didn't realise we'd signed a club legend!

Also, amusingly some compared the Hefele and Malone deals...

"about an hour ago bloodred said:

so who has got the best deal then ?

No contest Forest have signed two footballers for next to nowt, Derby? " Lolley being the other.

"Surely it can't be true Malone has gone for £3,000,000 and Hef £300,000 can it?"

? Mel Morris does it again.

Joe Lolley - the attacking winger who in his best season at this level (4 goals) still didn't score as many as Scott Malone at this level (6 goals). It was the season he was named in the Championship team of the year too. 

If Malone is poor, please tell me what Lolley is - the bloke wouldn't even get a game for our U23s ?

4 hours ago, Forest188 said:

Will do .  Why change the habit of a lifetime.   If you get what you pay for by the way your defence cost less than the contents of any branch of poundland , so expect to ship a shitload of goals in the recently repainted skip you play in . 

Archived