Duane Holmes - Signed on a 3 year deal

Animal is a Ram

Can’t say I’ve heard of him really. Doesn’t look to be the solution to everything on the face of it, but he’s young and clear,y got a bit of attacking quality. One year left on his deal will have him available cut price too. It’s a yes from me, certainly for a bit of energy and competition in midfield.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent player, right sided midfielder. I've seen him play a few times for Scunny. He's quick & quite tricky on the ball but don't see him improving our attacking options massively - only scored 6 goals in his league career & he's not noted for making assists. Would be surprised if he comfortably made the step up.

Scunny have got other players I'd rather we were looking at - Adelakun & Josh Morris are good attacking midfielders and like Ivan Toney who plays up top for them.

14 hours ago, Rampage said:

With a name like. Octavius he is a born number 8.

Caesar salad? 

Et tu Octavius? 

Caviat emptor! 

A bit of Latin Flair? 

14 hours ago, Rampage said:

With a name like. Octavius he is a born number 8.

Caesar salad? 

Et tu Octavius? 

Caviat emptor! 

A bit of Latin Flair? 

Was it that good you had to post it twice? ?

On 12/06/2018 at 21:20, Franks Tanked said:

Seen him play a few times. Looked decent. Tiny but good on ball and quite tricky. Adelakun from Scunny on the wing looked impressive too.

When Scunthorpe played my hometown, Worcester, Adelakun missed an absolute sitter haha

On 13/06/2018 at 08:54, Mr Giggles said:

Was it that good you had to post it twice? ?

I think it was but mainly down to learning to work my new phone. This phone has 128 gigawotsits whereas my first computer had 8k. No, it did not run on Steam! 

Would be stunned if this has any truth to it. Bang average L1 player who was bombed out of a poor (at the time) Huddersfield for being too small and lightweight. We have better youngsters ourselves and the likes of Bryson and Butters are streets ahead as attacking mids. If he’s a winger now, then perhaps he’s improved.

• 1 month later...

Archived