Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Duane Holmes - Signed on a 3 year deal

1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

Can remember when he came on against us in our playoff final season and looked a real handful. He changed the game for Huddersfield after we gave them a battering first half. Not sure what he's like now but guessing he wouldnt be too expensive. 

Agreed. He was very bright when he came on in the away game. But it never seemed to quite happen for him at that time.

Always rated this kid (I can say that now being 25...) And was always amazed he ended up at Scunthorpe. Would be more than happy to take a punt on him

Can’t say I’ve heard of him really. Doesn’t look to be the solution to everything on the face of it, but he’s young and clear,y got a bit of attacking quality. One year left on his deal will have him available cut price too. It’s a yes from me, certainly for a bit of energy and competition in midfield.

Just spoken to a mate that’s a Scunny season ticket holder, he says the lad is quality at there level and could easily make the step up, he also says Ojo and Wallace could do well in the championship also

Edited by Barnetbyram

Decent player, right sided midfielder. I've seen him play a few times for Scunny. He's quick & quite tricky on the ball but don't see him improving our attacking options massively - only scored 6 goals in his league career & he's not noted for making assists. Would be surprised if he comfortably made the step up.

Scunny have got other players I'd rather we were looking at - Adelakun & Josh Morris are good attacking midfielders and like Ivan Toney who plays up top for them.

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

... Ivan Toney who plays up top for them.

Never seen a player fall over his own feet as much as this guy. 

Well, maybe Andi Weimann 👀

14 hours ago, Rampage said:

With a name like. Octavius he is a born number 8.

Caesar salad? 

Et tu Octavius? 

Caviat emptor! 

A bit of Latin Flair? 

14 hours ago, Rampage said:

With a name like. Octavius he is a born number 8.

Caesar salad? 

Et tu Octavius? 

Caviat emptor! 

A bit of Latin Flair? 

Was it that good you had to post it twice? 😉

On 12/06/2018 at 21:20, Franks Tanked said:

Seen him play a few times. Looked decent. Tiny but good on ball and quite tricky. Adelakun from Scunny on the wing looked impressive too.

When Scunthorpe played my hometown, Worcester, Adelakun missed an absolute sitter haha

On 12/06/2018 at 21:36, Barnetbyram said:

Just spoken to a mate that’s a Scunny season ticket holder, he says the lad is quality at there level and could easily make the step up

20180615_012423.thumb.jpg.892bfe71ac2589053a453a872f8083aa.jpg