Duane Holmes - Signed on a 3 year deal

Animal is a Ram

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Moor farm has a LOT of lockers.

Luckily, we only have to take 20 players to games, so all the deadwood can go into the stands. 

Basically this has all been a tactic to give away more tickets.

car park is full though

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

I thought he was more of a winger? 

He played as an attacking CM in the play offs for Scunny when I saw him.

Looked a lively little player - definitely cover for Bryson in my mind (with winger as another string to his bow).

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Moor farm has a LOT of lockers.

Luckily, we only have to take 20 players to games, so all the deadwood can go into the stands. 

Basically this has all been a tactic to give away more tickets.

That’s if we don’t get back to back sell outs come November when we’re on the march at the top of the league. 

Just now, Carnero said:

He played as an attacking CM in the play offs for Scunny when I saw him.

Looked a lively little player - definitely cover for Bryson in my mind (with winger as another string to his bow).

Can't see the Bryson comparison myself, but admittedly I've seen very little of him and have only read a few articles here and there about him. To me, if he had his best ever season last year when mostly used out on the right wing, why would we then sign him to play mainly as a centre mid? And if it's Bryson's role he's going to be competing for he'll have quite a bit of defensive work to do and I've not seen much mention of whether he's decent at defending or not. I reckon we would have been better off signing someone who's an out and out centre mid, but I suppose for the small fee it isn't too much of a risk

22 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't see the Bryson comparison myself, but admittedly I've seen very little of him and have only read a few articles here and there about him. To me, if he had his best ever season last year when mostly used out on the right wing, why would we then sign him to play mainly as a centre mid? And if it's Bryson's role he's going to be competing for he'll have quite a bit of defensive work to do and I've not seen much mention of whether he's decent at defending or not. I reckon we would have been better off signing someone who's an out and out centre mid, but I suppose for the small fee it isn't too much of a risk

Bayliss ??? That seems to have gone dead....and FL was seen at Covs play off final, thought he played well 

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

Bayliss ??? That seems to have gone dead....and FL was seen at Covs play off final, thought he played well 

Really wish we got McGinn, but I imagine with Celtic and Villa competing it would have taken huge wages to win that race. We were recently linked with Joe Aribo from Charlton who plays centre mid, but not much more has come from that. As for Bayliss, someone posted a Tweet in his transfer thread saying that he didn't turn up to Coventry training today, so maybe he's on the move. It looked nailed on he'd join us last month when Lampard was at their play off final, but then he went away with one of the England youth teams and it all went quiet

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Really wish we got McGinn, but I imagine with Celtic and Villa competing it would have taken huge wages to win that race. We were recently linked with Joe Aribo from Charlton who plays centre mid, but not much more has come from that. As for Bayliss, someone posted a Tweet in his transfer thread saying that he didn't turn up to Coventry training today, so maybe he's on the move. It looked nailed on he'd join us last month when Lampard was at their play off final, but then he went away with one of the England youth teams and it all went quiet

RE Bayliss it looks like he might end up at Bournemouth

3 minutes ago, Gisby said:

news flash - Oakwood residents up in arms as estate is swamped with £100k+ super cars parked everywhere. 

tbh if you had a reasonable car and was reasonably fit you might get offered a contract if you drove past the gates?

Archived