Squad. What do we need?

Chester40

48 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

I don't think we need a major overhaul to make us genuine promotion contenders. A couple of quality loans to add that bit of magic would suffice. Once we have been promoted the money gained from that can be used to rebuild and overhaul the squad ready to compete in the premier league.

Hopefully Jody Morris spends a bit of time first with our youngsters to see if any of them are ready to step up and comparable to any of his Chelsea squad before they bring any in.

His Chelsea kids will have played against our kids so he'll have an idea I guess

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me this would be the set up. Im choosing 4-3-3 because iv heard Morris plays that system at Chelsea....

X = Require new player

Carson

Wisdom           X             Davies     Lowe

X               Huddlestone            X

X                                               Lawrence

X

In terms of replacements for the X positions....

CB - Flint - couldn't think of Cb's

CM - Bayliss

CM - Chalobah

RW - Marriott/Musonda

ST - Abraham

22 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

For me this would be the set up. Im choosing 4-3-3 because iv heard Morris plays that system at Chelsea....

X = Require new player

Carson

X

CM - Bayliss

CM - Chalobah

RW - Marriott/Musonda

ST - Abraham

pretty good that - I would prefer Flint to JT if I'm honest

but not sure if Frank fancies a back three

be great to see how this unfolds!

does anyone else keep singing Super Frankie Lampard to themselves.......

carson

wisdom    terry       davies 

anya/new rwb                      lowe/new lwb

guy

elsnik                maddison/palmer

vydra/lawrence

mount

(r) is in my opinion, replaceable (i.e. its possible to find better, either a new signing or someone stepping up under the new management), but im comfortable with them in the team.

Carson                                                                                          Carson

Wisdom(r)   Keogh(r)   Davies                                           Wisdom(r)     Keogh(r)    Davies    Lowe(r)

Bogle(r)                                                    Lowe(r)                                                       Huddlestone(r)

Huddlestone(r)                               or                                  Elsnik(r)               Guy(r)                               

Elsnik(r)                      Lawrence(r)                                     ????                                          Lawrence(r)

Vydra(r)                                                                                    Martin/Jerome(r)

We probably can't trust Lowe's fitness, but if he did stay fit I'd be comfortable with him getting that position. So with that, the only other "need" I think we have is a right-side attacker, but we should look to improve as much as we can - always.

You want a team? I'll give you a team...

Carson

Wisdom, Terry, Davies

Bogle                                             New Left wing back (I suspect Lowe isn't good enough)

Bayliss, Huddlestone

Thomas,                                     Lawrence

Jerome

Apologies for shoddy formatting.

Priority:

Central midfielder with legs, decent tackler

Winger with end product, possibly 1 right & 1 left (Hudson-Odoi would be perfect)

Other needs:

Experienced back up keeper 

Left back (unless we go with Lowe)

Cover for right back

Replacements:

If we sell Vydra we'd probably be better off with an attacking midfielder rather than a deep striker, and a centre forward who is a poacher/decent in the air, if we opt not to go with Martin.

Be nice to get a young centre half in to be able to step up in a year or 2 but I expect we'll be waiting on Chelsea cast offs in the coming seasons.

Its a pretty sad state of affairs when every season we have to sell our best players just to fund the wage dump. We also seem to have to sell to buy.

last season the silly fee for hughes was surely about timing. Getting an early deal done so that we could start recruiting Rowetts golden oldies which ironically made the wage bill problem even worse.

desperate times call for desperate measures. I would prefer to shift lawrence to stoke instead of vydra. 

Ideally cast in order of disappearance would be:

butterfield, johnson,pearce,  lawrence, jerome, nugent, huddlestone, ledley, forsyth, mitchell, 

the trouble is who will buy them?

i suspect we will have to sell anyone we get a half-decent offer for and that we have already decided to flog vydra, bryson and martin for whatever we can get. I wouldn't be surprised to see carson or keogh go too.

The key to progress is being able to sell rather than being able to buy.

5 hours ago, Edtheram said:

X = Require new player

Carson

X

CM - Bayliss

CM - Chalobah

RW - Marriott/Musonda

ST - Abraham

Well though out just one small problem what if the decide to sell 1 or more of the following Carson--Wisbom-Davies-Lowe-Huddlestone-Lawrence the team sheet might look like this

X

X                          X                     X                    X

X                                           X

X

43 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Well though out just one small problem what if the decide to sell 1 or more of the following Carson--Wisbom-Davies-Lowe-Huddlestone-Lawrence the team sheet might look like this

X

X

you sunk my battleship.....

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

X

X

Interesting formation but won't we be at a bit of a disadvantage with only putting out eight players.

Archived