It must be time for another Chris Martin post?

WystonRam

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this. As a professional he can still do the right stuff at the right level even when out on loan after we came in to try to get him back.

At the end of the day HE signed the loan agreement with Fulham.

Look back at his stats for the last half of his season with us? Not great compared to that of the MAC1 ERA. Yes you can argue the system didn't suit him, but if you read my post, that is exactly what I was getting at.

I also said I would love him to regain his mojo but I feel it will be with another team.

I mean… he started five games… 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was setting the Fulham team alight until we went and p1ssed on his fire! Were Reading the only team in for Martin or was that the only (non-competing with us) team Rowett would loan him too? Bet Colin would have signed him!

You do rightly challenge others to provide proof for their claims.  Do you have anything to support this or in fact any other club that wanted him.  We did send Bryson to a 'competing team'

7 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

He’s too slow for how Lampard will play (from listening to his interviews).

i turned on Sky Sports yesterday and a review of championship season 15/16 was on. I looked up just in time to see Martin score a rocket of a free kick, absolutely beautiful goal. He stopped doing that and I think his days here are done, he won’t get that form back. 

When I saw Chelsea play at PP what struck me was how athletic they were, big, strong, lean and energetic. Non of these apply to Chris Martin. Put him under pressure and he falls over

Best hope frank doesn't bring that Chelsea doctor in......Martin will never be on his feet lol

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

You do rightly challenge others to provide proof for their claims.  Do you have anything to support this or in fact any other club that wanted him.  We did send Bryson to a 'competing team'

I mean you could argue that at the time we sent Bryson out on loan you wouldn't have expected Cardiff to challenge for top 6 let alone top 2. 

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It was a claim from myself - I bet Colin would have signed him - I didn't realise that needed to be proved.

Here you go:

Bolton Wanderers want to keep frontman Gary Madine despite the Bluebirds' interest, while Derby County's Chris Martin and Peterborough United hitman Jack Marriott are also reported targets for Warnock and his transfer team.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-transfer-news-rumours-14159739

Just one but I'm sure there's plenty more.

10 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I mean you could argue that at the time we sent Bryson out on loan you wouldn't have expected Cardiff to challenge for top 6 let alone top 2. 

I suppose that's the risk with loans in the same league

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Look back at his stats for the last half of his season with us? Not great compared to that of the MAC1 ERA. Yes you can argue the system didn't suit him, but if you read my post, that is exactly what I was getting at.

That’s my number plate!

Edit: oh @wixman1884 beat me to it!

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

It'll be interesting to see what Lampard makes of Martin, I have a feeling he may not fit in with his plans if he's influenced by the high pressing from the front football he's been involved with as a player. 

I've seen a couple people assert this and I can see the logic but I feel it forgets that under McClaren we pretty much always tried to press high up the pitch. 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Maybe, just maybe, we'll finally get to see Vyds playing off Martin. I'd love them to get a run of games together but I'm losing faith that it will ever actually happen. I think it could be a lethal partnership if it does.

As much as I'd like to see how that pans out. I think it's very very likely Vydra is sold this summer. 

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I've seen a couple people assert this and I can see the logic but I feel it forgets that under McClaren we pretty much always tried to press high up the pitch. 

True, but there's no one size fits all style of pressing high up the pitch. Lampard's style and ideas may be achieved in a different manner to McClaren's. 

We will have to wait and see. 

Archived