It must be time for another Chris Martin post?

WystonRam

40 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Good grief! You talk with a lot of authority and few facts.

'Will be very very difficult to loan him out (selling him would be impossible)'

I have no clue on the first item (and neither do you), but to say it would be impossible to sell him is patently ludicrous.

'he doesn't seem to mind not playing' 

Keep talking out of the wrong end. How on earth do you know that or even come to the impression that he doesn't 'seem' to mind?

This is confirmation bias all over when we have an opinion and then filter out anything that contradicts it. And in your case you are turning mere speculation into 'observable' facts.

'He is slow, falls over easily'

People said that about Fannie Lee even though he had an amazing 6 yard burst, like CM.

' not sure why 9 other outfield players have to be set in a certain formation to bring the best out of one striker.'

Really, you don't know that? You don't know why Argentina structured their entire team to run through Maradona? Or why teams with Shearer, built everything round him, or why Liverpool for years focused in on Rush?

I get it, you dislike the guy, but at least try and compile a coherent argument as to why.

Absolutely,the normal anti Martin comments from someone who clearly knows less than zero but likes spouting balls.

Lets just leave Frank and Martin to it...if the boss likes him then let's respect that and vice versa.

Hopefully he will like him and get to see a run of games next year.

The only sure thing I know is that if rowett and Pearson couldn't find a place for him then any decent flowing attacking football minded gaffer probably will....that pair didn't know their arses from their hands.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

People said that about Fannie Lee even though he had an amazing 6 yard burst, like CM.

I tend to avoid fannies with an amazing 6 yard burst.

I'm sorry, but I'm too childish to ignore the typo!

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Good grief! You talk with a lot of authority and few facts.

'Will be very very difficult to loan him out (selling him would be impossible)'

I have no clue on the first item (and neither do you), but to say it would be impossible to sell him is patently ludicrous.

'he doesn't seem to mind not playing' 

Keep talking out of the wrong end. How on earth do you know that or even come to the impression that he doesn't 'seem' to mind?

This is confirmation bias all over when we have an opinion and then filter out anything that contradicts it. And in your case you are turning mere speculation into 'observable' facts.

'He is slow, falls over easily'

' not sure why 9 other outfield players have to be set in a certain formation to bring the best out of one striker.'

Really, you don't know that? You don't know why Argentina structured their entire team to run through Maradona? Or why teams with Shearer, built everything round him, or why Liverpool for years focused in on Rush?

I get it, you dislike the guy, but at least try and compile a coherent argument as to why.

He is not a really good football player. I get that some fans worship him and that he can't do no wrong, but hopefully you turn out to be right and me wrong when another team comes in to bid for him. Let us see. 

Martin

Bryson

Winnal

Butterfield

Blackman

All this talk of clean slates if fine, but if we’re bringing younger talent through on loan or from our academy, where they all going to play?

Time for a few players to move on if it’s possible to shift em, not shoe horn them into a side for the sake of it.

I honestly do not understand why some fans are so keen to see the back of CM. I remember, in the wilderness years for centre forwards, people saying "we need a 20 goal-a-season striker". Nobody had done that for us since Dean Sturridge nearly 20 years before. Martin did it for 3 seasons in a row, and people want to get shot of him? Mad.

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Martin

Bryson

Winnal

Butterfield

Blackman

...Time for a few players to move on if it’s possible to shift em, not shoe horn them into a side for the sake of it.

Huddlestone

Ledley

Anya (always the forgotten man)

Johnson

There's lots to choose from, Frank will have to do that.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Huddlestone

Ledley

Anya (always the forgotten man)

Johnson

There's lots to choose from, Frank will have to do that.

Yes, there’s got to be changes or what’s the point?

There’s going to be a few possible unhappy players on the books. (Nothing new I guess)

He’s going to have to make his mind up and be ruthless and we’ll all have to let him get on with it.

Just now, Boycie said:

Yes, there’s got to be changes or what’s the point?

There’s going to be a few possible unhappy players on the books. (Nothing new I guess)

He’s going to have to make his mind up and be ruthless and we’ll all have to let him get on with it.

I'm sure that he will try like I imagine Roger did, but again it might be that players like Anya and others are happy to see out their contract rather than even go out on loan.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure that he will try like I imagine Roger did, but again it might be that players like Anya and others are happy to see out their contract rather than even go out on loan.

Yes, anya needs games to show he’s a good bet for someone, but I can’t see how it’ll happen? Unless they do some U23’s friendly games and stick one or two in.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Yes, anya needs games to show he’s a good bet for someone, but I can’t see how it’ll happen? Unless they do some U23’s friendly games and stick one or two in.

Do you think anyone will pay Anya the wages we do? He slides under the radar, but he's not bothered about playing football - at least Bryson, Butterfield, Martin went out on loan. My bet is he's not bothered one way or another - I bet Watford are still laughing.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think anyone will pay Anya the wages we do? He slides under the radar, but he's not bothered about playing football - at least Bryson, Butterfield, Martin went out on loan. My bet is he's not bothered one way or another - I bet Watford are still laughing.

I fear you’re bang on the money there. But when I’ve seen him play for the Stiffs he always gives his all.  It’s a weird one, I wonder how much he’s on?

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I fear you’re bang on the money there. But when I’ve seen him play for the Stiffs he always gives his all.  It’s a weird one, I wonder how much he’s on?

Dunno. Did he cost half of what Vyds did? So half of his wages? Lol. But I bet it's a fair didly amount.

He looks like he's putting in effort for the stiffs cos that's how he always looks. But watch him avoid any physical contact when going forward. He'll manage a tackle or two as a 'defender'. But he doesn't get stuck in, yet runs around in convincing manner!

On 01/06/2018 at 13:07, Dordogne-Ram said:

I posted some time ago that CM is the nearest I have seen at DCFC to John O'Hare, who also was not the fastest player.

In his latter days at Derby, and elsewhere, he played right midfield - perhaps this is a possible alternative for Chris Martin ?

Yea, why not

22 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Although, half of us will applaud an excellent servant, while the other half will blah blah blah fat lazy blah blah useless blah blah overrated. 

The best centre forward derby have had since Strupar, and you could even argue better than him given his injury record, which takes you back to Wanchope. That’s 20 years nearly!!

Surely it will all depend on what Frank sees as his role as DCFC manager.

If, like Cloughie and other (nearly as) great managers he sees developing his inherited team's potential by injecting a passion for winning into their play similar to what he himself demonstrated as a player then Chris Martin and others will improve like the good players who become great given the right coaching and guidance (Hinton, Gemmill, Robertson etc). 

If, on the other hand, he clears the old school to get a short term cash injection and pays over the odds for fading Prem Stars this will be a fruitless and boring tenancy.

I think Frank will talke stock of the potential talent of his senior players but also look seriously at those coming up through the academy ranks.

Consolidation but no major big name signings IMHO.

Just glad it's Lamps's job and not mine!

All the best Frank! To thine own self be true!

5 hours ago, SilentRam said:

He is not a really good football player. I get that some fans worship him and that he can't do no wrong, but hopefully you turn out to be right and me wrong when another team comes in to bid for him. Let us see. 

I get that you may not like him as a player. So back that up with logic, reason and facts and leave the hyperbole to the gutter press.

Archived