Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great. Plunging in to the unknown.

It's hard to take anything away from what Lampard says. Nobody knows what type of manager he will be, or how he will want to set us up. He talks hard work, but every team should work hard regardless of playing style.

You'd think with Rowett playing under Jim Smith and in that Derby team he would have looked to have played an entertaining style. Paul Clement spoke a lot, his football was dull as dishwater most the time too.

I like how Lampard spoke about the youth and having Morris on board may push that. But you never know, we could go out and sign three of four 30 year olds again this summer.

It’s great the likes of Lampard and Gerrard are heading into management. Hopefully they will be the pioneers for a new golden age of British coaches. Just needs a couple to do well to encourage the top clubs to hire British again.

Spoke extremely well as I expected he would. He may have no coaching experience but he knows football and has the desire humility and work ethic to succeed. I’m a damn sight more excited by this appointment than Clement who didn’t know football and sounded like he regurgitated a coaching manual whenever he spoke.

in terms of success this season, top half with improved performances is ok, top 6 and he will have done really well, promotion spectacular!

'LAMPARD WILL GET TIME'

There were also reassurances for Lampard that his three-year contract would not go the same way as so many of his recent predecessors.

Chairman Mel Morris said: "Every managerial appointment is a gamble. We've had that conversation and the answer is 'yes' (he will get time). 

"We understand there are blips and there will be problems. We've got to be patient with that, but that doesn't mean we can't be ambitious.

"It wasn't always clear sailing last season and there was never any pressure on the manager."

Thank god for that ?  

if he's doing a rebuild he needs time. . .

4 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I know this is very pessimistic of me and I'm sorry but all I keep thinking is 

Paul merson, Stuart Pearce, john barns, tony Adams, Paul ince, sir David platt, Alan shearer, Chris Sutton........ frank lampard? 

Holy duck !!!!!! What have we done

i hope with every bone in my body I'm wrong I just have a bad feeling about it.... probably cos being a derby fan so long u come to expect the worse lol 

There are plenty of decent British managers who were previously top players though. 

Kevin Keegan, Glenn Hoddle and Kenny Dalglish all had decent managerial careers. Steve Bruce was also a high profile player despite oddly not having an England cap, and Martin O'Neill won the European Cup twice and was a top player.

I don't rate Mark Hughes or Gordon Strachan as managers at all but they were good players and they seem to get jobs fairly easily. 

Chris Hughton was a quality player too I believe? Spent most of his career as the Spurs left back and won a few trophies. Once these people become managers people seem to forget their playing careers. 

So its not like high profile British and Irish players never succeed in management is it. 

In recent years I think less have a go because they can make so much money sitting in front of a camera stating the obvious. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Slaven Bilic was a pundit at the last Euro's I think it was then left after so many weeks to go back for pre-season with West Ham so can't see any reason why Lampard won't be doing something similar.

I think it depends on what Lampard is assigned to do over there. If it's the entire World Cup it could be an issue, but if it's just England games, then it'll be fine as he'll be back in the UK by the second the week.

3 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

This picture of Frank (The Tank) Rampard is giving me a lob on....proper got a man crush ?????

9FD2DD01-EBCD-405E-9372-465D3D8E6260.jpeg

Keep up that was my profile banner 30min ago ? 

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

This picture of Frank (The Tank) Rampard is giving me a lob on....proper got a man crush ?????

9FD2DD01-EBCD-405E-9372-465D3D8E6260.jpeg

I am a Frank-o- Phile

I don't think the failures of past players as managers has any bearing on what Lampard brings. One might as well say blond managers have poor records. 

Frank is an individual with his own way of working.  I won't get lost in pessimism. I  just wish him every success because I'm a Derby fan.

18 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We don't know if he still is, is what I mean. I agree its likely because the BBC havent said differently (and hes just said hes going to the WC anyway) but its assumed the contractual delays were linked to TV duties so its possible he's no longer doing it.

I just wanted to add that clarification tis all. 

I know Russia is a bit of a toilet, but there is no need to be rude about it ?

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

My final point on this idiot, he's asking why Darren Moore wasn't in contention for us, when we still had a manager when he got a job? Nutter.

Why wasnt Stan collymore in contention for the Rams job? Now let me think.....

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

My final point on this idiot, he's asking why Darren Moore wasn't in contention for us, when we still had a manager when he got a job? Nutter.

Nutter? Did the first class tweet ever consider Big D never even applied! 

He’s a complete tool.

Archived