Would you welcome John Terry if he followed Lampard?

Rample

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rample said:

Clutching at straws but Terry is out of contract at Villa who now aren't going up.  They are going to talk about a new deal, but Terry for the time being has gone sailing apparently.

Lamps and Terry are best buds, so surely if Frankie wants Johnny to join us he'd more than likely come. Terry, like Lampard has said he wants to manage Chelsea one day so being player coach here for a season may well suit him.

Did he do well enough at Villa to think he could help out here as a player?

Could we partner him up with Davies given their ages?

Does his reputation put you off having him around the coaching staff?

Also heard that Eden Hazard might be on the move ....

Sky Sports News are reporting that the contractual issues that remain are to do with Terry’s arrival.

Perhaps something to do with him not wanting to coach against Chelsea but nothing has been confirmed yet

Had a bit of a look on the Villa boards and I'd say 60-70% want him to stay as a player and that he was inspirational this season and organised the team well - played 35 games (missed a handful with a broken foot and was rested once the play offs were reached - maybe why he was off the pace), led by example, and was especially good with the youngsters who broke through for them. 

The rest said his legs have gone, his lack of pace was a real problem, and he doesn't step forward because he knows he can't get back. 

Despite that everybody thinks he was great off the pitch, would keep him as a coach, and a few called for him to be their next boss.

I think there is merit in him being around - covering Davies, coming on to help us see games out, and also a comfortable left sided centre back so an option in a 3 where there is less need for him to have pace.  Needs to take one hell of a wage drop though.

Not as a player, we're old enough as it is. Plus he's bloody expensive as a player.

If he comes in some sort of coaching capacity I'd be hopeful of him being cheaper and would reserve judgement on such an appointment until time had passed.

Thru gritted teeth but if Frank wants him then so be it.  Frank of course needs to be our manager for this to happen as I can't see any other way John Terry would play for us.    My first post since clough jnr was sacked and its about JT.... Funny what gets you back on the boards

19 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On 13/05/2018 at 09:56, StockholmRam said:

On 18/05/2018 at 15:44, Bris Vegas said:

19 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We can't complain about the age of the squad and a bloated wage bill then simultaneously welcome someone like John Terry to the club.  

We can we do we will

Archived