Would you welcome John Terry if he followed Lampard?

Rample

No, and even the prospect makes a strong case for keeping Lampard away from the club too.

Most people have said that, if Lampard were to come, we'd want him to bring experienced coaching staff with him because he's so green. Adding Terry to the coaching staff is exactly what we don't need. As a player, Terry's legs have gone. Sure, he can still do a job, but it's not even a 20k/week job, never mind the ludicrous sums Terry still demands. It would also be a massive sign of weakness on Lampard's part if the very first thing he did in his first managerial job was to spunk a huge portion of his wage budget just to get his best fwend in the changing room.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

That’s actually really sweet. Terry seems to be genuinely enjoying himself, and not just going through the motions. 

There is much else to dislike him for though, and I don’t see that he’d add anything here. 

32 minutes ago, Rample said:

Clutching at straws but Terry is out of contract at Villa who now aren't going up.  They are going to talk about a new deal, but Terry for the time being has gone sailing apparently.

Lamps and Terry are best buds, so surely if Frankie wants Johnny to join us he'd more than likely come. Terry, like Lampard has said he wants to manage Chelsea one day so being player coach here for a season may well suit him.

Did he do well enough at Villa to think he could help out here as a player?

Could we partner him up with Davies given their ages?

Does his reputation put you off having him around the coaching staff?

No, I’d have him here no two ways about it. In either player or player coach capacity!

Provided he doesn’t want paying cause we’re broke...... apparently 

BE44D4E5-25E5-4A4F-945B-8802CB1DCD2D.jpeg

If we're getting Lampard and Lampard wants Terry then I have no problem with that.  Not a big fan of things he's done in his past but I'm sure most of us have skeletons in the closet - if it helps Derby then go for it.

Gotta say that I am concerned about the cost of potentially getting Lampard, Terry and Morris, I doubt any of them will come cheap and we're supposedly on an austerity drive.  So long as there is a plan in place to manage finances and challenge at the top of the Championship then who am I to argue.

A few other players of interest because I'm bored - all based on interviews about best friends in the game

We know Jody Morris is his other best friend and that they worked together with Chelsea's under 18s, Morris guided them to the FA Youth Cup the past few years

Didier Drogba has all but finished playing after buying into Phoenix Rising FC as the world's first player/owner, but may be a potential coach as the 2 got on well

Andrea Pirlo was a close friend at NY Red Bulls and has just retired from playing. 

David Villa (now 36) was also a good friend in NY and has 8 in 10 this season (Yes, I know it's in the MLS)

R.J Allen, 28 year old right back, and Josh Saunders now retired keeper were more NY friends - maybe Josh could be a potential keeper coach?

He was best friends with Rio for a long time but club rivalries drove them apart.

Very tepid link but maybe we could become Derby Red Bulls. Obviously selling our souls and using red in our name, but I bet they would let us buy our way out of this division and establish ourselves in the Prem.

It's a 'no' from me, purely because I don't think he's all that as a player any more.

However, if the manager wants any player, then fine, bring him in. It's the manager's decision and the manager stands or falls on the decisions he makes.

Archived