Would you welcome John Terry if he followed Lampard?

Rample

I imagine if he comes as a player it will be with plans to join Lampard's staff too.

I don't like him, I don't think he's anything like the sort of player we should sign but if this is what Lampard wants as maybe a trusted character then so be it.

A bit like Pearson brought in Weale as an ally. 

So long as it's not the first move of Lampard signing a mercenary QPR style outfit then it's cool.

If he signs Samba and Demba Ba next then it's going to go wrong 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LHaven't read all the pages in this thread so apologies if this point has already been made. As a player it is a no from me. As a coach, yeah, I don't see why not. When Frank absolutely smashes this league with us and a bigger club comes knocking for his services then JT could be a our ready made replacement.

If JT were 32-34 then ok. At pushing 38yrs, then its a mistake.

At JT age he will not get any better or faster.

The only thing that JT has in his favour is leadership ability. We already have leadership ability in defence so its a pointless signing.

As regards salary 30k pwk would be too high so how much did JT come down on salary from 60k pwk?

John Terry is as despicable a human being as Robbie Savage but has the advantage of actually being good as football.

Ultimately I don’t know how much he’ll add to the team in a playing capacity but it can only help the younger players to spend day to day with someone of his ability and something is bound to rub off on them. Just hopefully not the drunken fracas, racist abuse, parking his Bentley in disabled parking spaces because he can’t be bothered walking and  ducking his mate’s wives part.

Archived