Would you welcome John Terry if he followed Lampard?

Rample

Clutching at straws but Terry is out of contract at Villa who now aren't going up.  They are going to talk about a new deal, but Terry for the time being has gone sailing apparently.

Lamps and Terry are best buds, so surely if Frankie wants Johnny to join us he'd more than likely come. Terry, like Lampard has said he wants to manage Chelsea one day so being player coach here for a season may well suit him.

Did he do well enough at Villa to think he could help out here as a player?

Could we partner him up with Davies given their ages?

Does his reputation put you off having him around the coaching staff?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I would. 

From what I’ve heard, he was a sensational captain for Chelsea and Villa this season, and brilliant with the young players especially. 

Totally understand people’s reservations due to his well documented history in the press, though. 

I realise that this could just be media managed, and on the face of it (despite not knowing him and only going off media reports) he does not seem like the sort of bloke that I would get on with these days.

However, I cannot fault him for this, and do wonder if (like Raheem Sterling) he is given an overly harsh ride by the press.

10 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

I realise that this could just be media managed, and on the face of it (despite not knowing him and only going off media reports) he does not seem like the sort of bloke that I would get on with these days.

However, I cannot fault him for this, and do wonder if (like Raheem Sterling) he is given an overly harsh ride by the press.

Have a like for posting a video of Kirsty Gallacher!

That was really nice and seemingly genuine interaction by Terry. Maybe not such a nutsack after all.

Would be a nice one to get over Forest too.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

As a coach perhaps, as a player I'd worry he's going to lose his legs and be on a lot of wages.

I don't particularly like some of the things he's said n done, but I don't think he's in the Barton camp of "bad uns"

I don't think that's a worry.

He lost his legs years ago.

8 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Who’s the opening tune by please? Sorry I’m getting on. 

Wasn’t there a thread a year ago simply asking if we’d have JT? Am sure it split the opinion pretty well down the middle. On the basis of FL at the helm I’d say yeah, but they’re close to finalising deal so I’m sure there must be plenty of discussion re available funds. Unless these two are happy with pay cuts then I’d doubt Mel would be willing to go for it. 

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

Wasn’t there a thread a year ago simply asking if we’d have JT? Am sure it split the opinion pretty well down the middle. On the basis of FL at the helm I’d say yeah, but they’re close to finalising deal so I’m sure there must be plenty of discussion re available funds. Unless these two are happy with pay cuts then I’d doubt Mel would be willing to go for it. 

Isn't there talk of Terry moving into coaching? If so then I'd assume that would be his primary role for us, and if so I doubt he'd be on the same money he was on at Villa for playing.

Archived