Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Nixon is suggesting Derby will be rather angry with Vydra if his high demands cause the Leeds move to fall through

Of course they will, but really who cares.

i think matej would fit beautifully into this new way of playing. We signed him and gave him his contract. I wouldn't like to see us treating him with disrespect now, especially after he did so well last year.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Of course they will, but really who cares.

i think matej would fit beautifully into this new way of playing. We signed him and gave him his contract. I wouldn't like to see us treating him with disrespect now, especially after he did so well last year.

Me neither and I don't think we would. The only reason I can see Derby being annoyed is if it leaves us in a mess with FFP or forces us to sell another player (such as Lawrence) to make sure we're within the FFP limit. If these signings are covered by the Ince fee, Rowett compensation, Weimann sale etc. then great, we've improved the team and also kept the golden boot winner

15 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Nixon is suggesting Derby will be rather angry with Vydra if his high demands cause the Leeds move to fall through

I’d love Vydra to stay if possible and it’s obvious for me, he’s quite happy to stay.

If it fails that’s not his problem but prerogative for me.

5 hours ago, David said:

Bamford always a nearly boy who never quite delivers. Vydra a far more accomplished player in most areas, as these stats emphatically show. If Leeds are going Bamford instead of Vydra then they're far less likely to challenge and young Patrick will have another season coming off the bench and struggling to make an impact.

If Vydra stays and Nixon is right that Derby feel it prevents outgoings (seems an odd stance), that seems to suggest Waghorn is a superhuman DNA clone of Jerome, Martin, Blackman and Vydra. Must be some player!

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Frank just said on Sky that no offers received for Vydra yet and he’d like to keep him. 

How accurate that is, who knows...

Whats he doing in Leeds then? Shopping??

3 minutes ago, Simon Bradley said:

It' has a good shopping centre I've just come

There's a bloke who really enjoys shopping.

I'd like to see him stay tbh.

Seeing as @David has posted what I assume is proper top level ITK info regarding his injury, why not keep last season's championship high scorer, despite the boring defensive style, and see what he can do in a balls on the table, full on attacking side?

He can't play in a front 3, he doesn't work hard enough or run enough and his head goes down too easily, or he just doesn't fit our style, say some.

Why don't we try making the manager manage, and the coaches coach? Is it beyond reason that with their input and his hard work and willingness, which we've all witnessed last season, that he could adapt the way he plays and be a success, it's not like we'd be asking him to become the forward pivot that most play goes through, as we've seen with Nugent so far this pre season that's not how we are set up.

He's a better striker than Nugent, and certainly better than Waghorn, that's for sure.

The only possible reason for getting rid is FFP, but now QPR have driven a coach and horses through that I'd prefer to keep Matej and face a January embargo than have another summer when we see proven talent leave the club so we can bring in unproven replacements, like last summer when we saw Hughes, Ince and Bryson leave.

47 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Seeing as @David has posted what I assume is proper top level ITK info regarding his injury, why not keep last season's championship high scorer, despite the boring defensive style, and see what he can do in a balls on the table, full on attacking side?

It's not complete guesswork looking for clicks, let's just say that. 

Been a bit of fake news floating around this summer with not just Vydra but Martin.

Martin had a stomach disorder, picked up just after mid season. As you know, completed 45 mins in the U23 game against Aston Villa the other day. He is now back in training, regaining his strength and rehab is going well.

When Lampard said Vydra and Martin both had issues and were being brought back slowly, it wasn't a case of keeping them away from the first team in an attempt to push them out the door, nor was it a case of claiming they were injured to deter bidders. They really did have issues.

It's recent information, not something that I have sat on, and is all I know. Wouldn't be able to answer any questions on specifics, I would only be guessing like the guy from TeamTalk was the other day.

Archived