Sell George Thorne?

BatRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking ahead I think our squad needs a lot of sorting out ..over a year on from GR taking over it’s hard to believe that so much needs sorting out ..too many old players who will be hard to shift and players on contracts who don’t fit anymore...George being one of them ...just how have we got ourselves in this position when GR has had time to progress the squad along ....George should never have been given another contract in my view as is a shadow of the player we know and unfortunately his injuries have taken there toll and I feel for him ...

Younger hungrier players is what’s required Marriott , Baylis,Maddison , Woods, Burn, would be a start ...there’s a lot for Rowett to do 

I honestly don’t know ,, seeing fozzy this season kind of makes me wary ,, sometimes it’s just a team thing where a group click and it makes individuals perform better because they compliment each other and they cover each other ,, it’s just too easy to say players don’t suit the system because good players adapt and can play in lots of systems in the main,,, same with managers ,some players just click with a manager and others don’t so for me I avoid thinking our old players from Mac 1 era are great and the way forward and it’s all rowetts fault 

George thorne simply cannot play in a Gary Rowett football team. He’s a possession based footballer who needs to play in a team on the front foot, unfortunately Gary don’t like playing that way.

Gary Rowetts system could actually make Andrea iniesta look bad. 

5 hours ago, jagerbob said:

sell to who?

a league one side taking a punt?

this isnt football manager, you cant shift players by putting them on the transfer list and wait for bids to come in.

Your not cheating properly.

You see what you do is, you add a new manager as man city, then empty their coffers signing your transfer listed players for as much as you can get away with.

When the transfers have gone through retire that manager!

30 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

George thorne simply cannot play in a Gary Rowett football team. He’s a possession based footballer who needs to play in a team on the front foot, unfortunately Gary don’t like playing that way.

Never heard such guff ,, he’s a midfielder who is supposed to have the range of skills good midfielders have , running round , defending ,attacking , winning the ball ,passing the ball ,reading the game , scoring the odd goal ,,, all this nobody can play in a rowett team is guff ,

now if you were talking about putting a midget at centre forward and playing high balls to him all day then fair enough but we are not ,

1 hour ago, Charlie G said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3581289

1 hour ago, archied said:

Never heard such guff ,, he’s a midfielder who is supposed to have the range of skills good midfielders have , running round , defending ,attacking , winning the ball ,passing the ball ,reading the game , scoring the odd goal ,,, all this nobody can play in a rowett team is guff ,

now if you were talking about putting a midget at centre forward and playing high balls to him all day then fair enough but we are not ,

How much of that did Pirlo do? Busquets?   Huddlestone even? Hell, if the train of thought is that holding midfield is the modern incarnation of the sweeper how much did Dave Mackay do?

Players are good at what they are good at. The days of the all action midfielders pretty much died out with the classic 4-4-2. Kayal and Stephens at Brighton is the only two man midfield I can think of in that Ilk from recent years. And even then they’re a little bit good at everything without excelling at anything.

What I don’t get is how everyone was over the moon when George signed a new contract. Now, two or three months later so many folks seem to have written him off and are questioning why we kept him. He was playing ok before he signed the new contract in truth. It was only afterwards that he suddenly seemed lost and out of step. Very strange.

2 hours ago, caymanram said:

What I don’t get is how everyone was over the moon when George signed a new contract. Now, two or three months later so many folks seem to have written him off and are questioning why we kept him. He was playing ok before he signed the new contract in truth. It was only afterwards that he suddenly seemed lost and out of step. Very strange.

Actually, there were a number of us saying it was a mistake as he hadn't proved himself since coming back from injury.  Have a look back

Archived