Sell George Thorne?

BatRam

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Who'd buy him?

Given his track record, I can't see anyone offering anything approaching £1m, and for that money I'd rather get a pre season into him and see how it goes from there.

Agreed, Thorne not likely to attract much interest from other clubs, then again I don't see him doing anything at Derby. Probably see out his contract here playing in the stiffs, as I expect he is on a decent wage. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the whole idea of GR system is rubbish - didn't GR rescue our season by switching formation? If GR knows that we need to be a bit unpredictable at times then having options in midfield is a key thing ? Palmer and Thorne both give the team a slightly different feel from the Hudds/johno pairing. 

Switching tactics .during a match  gives the opposition extra to worry about?  If it becomes known that GRs Rams can turn up and play 2 or 3 ways - other defence coaches don't know how it' going to go.  Keeping Vids vs CJ is another example of variety being the spice of life !  Whatever strilefotce we have it keeps us going in the right direction.

Yes let's  be hard to beat !  But good football meaning lots of goals! A 78% away record of not being beat is something that is not to be sniffed at.

It' s something that fired Rams from iffy start to top 6 with 2nd at one time...dips in form cost us a higher finish. Bristol City were very high at early doors - but not even top  6 by the end of the season.

So yes, I'd expect a top 6 place for the next season with higher finish being the target. 

Yes - incremental gains will push this club onwards and upwards! 

Relax and enjoy the ride !! 

On 15/05/2018 at 23:33, TomSaint said:

Now that he is match fit, could this be the season we sell George Thorne? Doesnt really bring much to the team, very slow and isnt as good as any of the other midfielders. Hes 25 so will still be worth a bit of money. 

Had some great moments in a Derby shirt but i feel we could get some money for him and invest in someone younger and better.

Is he? I am not sure he is. It takes several full games to get fully match fit and he hasn't had that.

Like others have said, who would buy him with his track record of injuries and lack of match time? Maybe give him until Christmas to prove either way.

Archived