I am losing interest

I have supported Derby for 52 years and I have never been less interested than I am at the moment. 

Being halfway round the world means I can't go to games but I used to watch most of them on the internet. However for the last 2 to 3 months I can't be bothered to do that, watching Derby defend for most of the match, hanging on by luck and the fact we have a great keeper and just hoping for a lucky break is like watching paint dry. 

It got so bad that I even went 3 games without checking the score.

Even when we were in the old 3rd division I had far more interest than I have now. 

Can we stand another season of this boring football? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

I have supported Derby for 52 years and I have never been less interested than I am at the moment. 

Being halfway round the world means I can't go to games but I used to watch most of them on the internet. However for the last 2 to 3 months I can't be bothered to do that, watching Derby defend for most of the match, hanging on by luck and the fact we have a great keeper and just hoping for a lucky break is like watching paint dry. 

Even when we were in the old 3rd division I had far more interest than I have now. 

Can we stand another season of this boring football? 

Your choice, your call.

Derby til I die.

COYR

34 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Isn't there any teams in the Philippines you could support ? 

No teams here of any quality, even the National team is made up of European born Filipinos that never made it in top flight football, apart from Neil Etheridge the Cardiff goal keeper. 

I will still be a Derby supporter, to old to change and I hate the fact I am losing interest. 

Since Nigel Clough was manager I felt Derby were moving in the right direction, under  McClaren I felt a real buzz, now all I feel is numb, I am just thankful I am not in the UK anymore paying to see boring football. 

To be honest I am revealed we have not got promoted, with Rowett in charge we would have got slaughtered by premiership clubs.  

4 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

That bad?! 

giphy.gif

In all seriousness I don't think you're alone, the split in fanbase and 6000 empty seats for a play off game speak volumes. 

how cant you lose interst we dont do anything exciting, as a team the most exciting bit of football came from wisdom in the first play off where he played that reversed pass to weimann! all we ever do is try and defend then the long ball up field! if it doesnt improve next season buy November the attendence will be very low to like 23000 which is very low for us! i just hope he signs some younger players this time round! 

Know the feeling.

During the season, I found myself more and more spending my Saturdays on my local team's terraces/or doing something totally different rather than spunking money to RamsTV and watch us defend. Wouldn't have happened earlier!

But slipping away from the game has happened for years now. I used to watch all the football, especially Premier League... This season maybe 5-10 games? I'm pretty sure the number will drop come next season. Strange thing is, I still enjoy chatting about it with my friends and those who work in the football business...

It's certainly strange and unfamiliar feeling. Sounds sad but actually, it's not. Unfortunately, Rowett's football is not helping at all.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I guess it must be easier to lose interest when you are so removed from the area.

As much as I get down about them, I’ll still turn up next season, things can change.

Strangely, the further I move away from Derby and the U.K. the more interest I have in the club. Maybe it’s an identity thing. 

Rams TV has been a revelation this year for me and despite the football on display I’ve enjoyed following every kick, instead of just listening to Radio Derby. In a way, I’m kinda glad I get another year of watching every live game..! ?

Bring on next season!

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I guess it must be easier to lose interest when you are so removed from the area.

As much as I get down about them, I’ll still turn up next season, things can change.

Is there a difference between losing interest and turning up, whilst I will turn up next season having renewed by ticket I have lost all enthusiasm.  When we lost at Wembley, I thought at least there was next season, we had a team that played great exciting football, players who got me off my seat and a manager who encouraged football on the grass.

Not going to the games probably helps, you are able to follow the results only, and the performance doesn’t really matter, getting to the play offs on paper is what the target was for some and therefore has been achieved, despite what has been on the whole for me, a forgettable season backed up by a brand of football I hoped would never be associated with Derby.

Fast forward to next season, and if what we have to look forward to is conceding possession and bringing in players where the preference is running over ability, flair players are a thing of the past, then I think quite a few more will lose interest.

I didn't even think it was possible to lose interest, yeah i get pissed off with them. But never have I lost interest with the club.

Even though we failed to go up this season, the prospects of what COULD change already excites me. 

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Is there a difference between losing interest and turning up, whilst I will turn up next season having renewed by ticket I have lost all enthusiasm.  When we lost at Wembley, I thought at least there was next season, we had a team that played great exciting football, players who got me off my seat and a manager who encouraged football on the grass.

Not going to the games probably helps, you are able to follow the results only, and the performance doesn’t really matter, getting to the play offs on paper is what the target was for some and therefore has been achieved, despite what has been on the whole for me, a forgettable season backed up by a brand of football I hoped would never be associated with Derby.

Fast forward to next season, and if what we have to look forward to is conceding possession and bringing in players where the preference is running over ability, flair players are a thing of the past, then I think quite a few more will lose interest.

This completely. I'll go to games but the interest levels in watching a team defend over attack, leaving your top scorer out, falling into a position of hope rather expectation etc, the idea of all this is actually depressing.

Thousands of people have already made their stance clear by not going to the games. This number will continue to drop and 25-27k will become a norm next year.

Anyway, time to switch off, we can't really have an influence of what goes on, the season ticket is bought, club has my money and what will be, will be.

If you work it out we spent 2 hours 4 minutes of 182 minutes of the 2 legs trying to get the ball. 

Even when we were on the roll before Xmas we were only doing so because Carson was pulling of fantastic saves.  

I hate to think what it would have been like if we got promoted and we let premiership strikers pepper our goal for 66 minutes out of 90. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Without being too presumptive, the “lack of interest” posts mysteriously disappeared while we still had the chance of making it to Wembley.

Because the 'see no evil' fans preferred to see it that way. Anyway as was pointed out, while we're winning then Rowetts fans will shout loudest.

Archived