I am losing interest

9 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

I have enjoyed most of that decade in the Championship, it has been very exciting and we have seen some fantastic football. 

Exciting? Other than 13/14 and part of the following season. What as been remotely exciting with fantastic football? 5 years of being bored rotten under Nigel. a season of uninspiring stuff under Clement and Rowett. Then Pearson, Wassall and Mac II...hardly thrilling is it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Papahet said:

What have Forest got to do with anything?

When you see the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Palace, Watford and Burnley overtake the club you support, it's kinda depressing don't you think?

Ten plus years in this tinpot league and now getting told by Morris and Rowett that we'll need to take a stepback; how many more years are we going to be stuck in the division? The parachute payments will increase for relegated sides, which'll make it even harder to compete. The money Morris does have, gets spent on the academy - which is nowhere near the standard it should be at considering the millions been put into it over the past 5 years.

And our better players seem to be off to stay inline with FFP; Hendrick, Ince, Hughes potentially Vydra. Hardly inspiring is it?

But I don’t agree it’s a tinpot league. 

I also think people are jumping to a lot of conclusions about players leaving etc. 

But then I’m a lot older than some of the fans, been there done that and it’s a game of football. Owners, managers, players come and go. I’d just like the posters to stop the constant churning of negativity. 

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That bad?! 

giphy.gif

In all seriousness I don't think you're alone, the split in fanbase and 6000 empty seats for a play off game speak volumes. 

There wasn't 6000 empty Derby seats. Still there was too many, but you can't just attribute it to the attritional football.

The sense of repeated failure is also a big factor.

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

I have enjoyed most of that decade in the Championship, it has been very exciting and we have seen some fantastic football. 

Well don't let the current form put you off. Football is always going to be up and down. We have some great fixtures to look forward to next year which are localish Derby's.

I actually think Rowett will improve us year on year. He has made some mistakes but a lot of positives too. Yes we need a good transfer window and we should give a couple of the academy boys a try at the start of the season when expectations aren't that high.

Anybody that says our club are going backwards needs to have a closer look at other clubs around us and I'm telling you now, many other clubs can only wish to be in our position.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

There wasn't 6000 empty Derby seats. Still there was too many, but you can't just attribute it to the attritional football.

A little of that but mainly the poor quality football i feel.....paying out a lot of money each week with little entertainment or hope of it, isn't attractive to many people.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

A little of that but mainly the poor quality football i feel.....paying out a lot of money each week with little entertainment or hope of it, isn't attractive to many people.

I would agree in terms of games through the season, but the play offs are about results not stylish football.

Maybe a few hundred got fed up with the online sales process and thought sod it after a few tries.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think it really matters if they were Derby's or not, we wouldn't have sold the extra 1000 Fulham failed to sell. The demand for tickets was 25k Derby fans which is low for a game of such importance IMO. 

I agree there will be more reasons than just the football on show which factor into the dip but I don't think it's a co-incidence. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I think English football is on the verge of a little lull full stop. Prices are silly, the premier league has become predictable and uninteresting. For a team like Derby to get promoted it feels even if you get promoted there's only so far you can go, Wenger leaving feels like the last one of an era of when the premier league was the best in the world. Arguably he's past his sell by date now, but that shows we have made teams that stops entertaining football successful. The win at all costs philosophy only works so far and I'm not sure whether fans just want to see winning football is a cliche that's true. Fans want to be entertained and heroes they can relate to, when thta comes to this Derby side at the moment I'm not sure if any of that is true.

40 minutes ago, sage said:

I would agree in terms of games through the season, but the play offs are about results not stylish football.

Maybe a few hundred got fed up with the online sales process and thought sod it after a few tries.

I booked mine online for the home leg as it was no problem at all...so I presume it was only a temporary issue

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I booked mine online for the home leg as it was no problem at all...so I presume it was only a temporary issue

I think it depended what device or operating system you were using.

I took me 5 or 6 goes to pay for the tickets.

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

Well don't let the current form put you off. Football is always going to be up and down. We have some great fixtures to look forward to next year which are localish Derby's.

I actually think Rowett will improve us year on year. He has made some mistakes but a lot of positives too. Yes we need a good transfer window and we should give a couple of the academy boys a try at the start of the season when expectations aren't that high.

Anybody that says our club are going backwards needs to have a closer look at other clubs around us and I'm telling you now, many other clubs can only wish to be in our position.

It is not the form that is putting me off, in 52 years of being a Derby supporter I am used to that. It is watching games that are ever so boring I struggle to stay awake, or having 90 minutes of heart attacks watching our defence bombarded with only luck and Carson keeping us in the game. 

Another transfer window with Rowett scares the life out of me, he has done enough damage in 2 transfer windows and I can not see how he has improved us at all.  

2 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

It is not the form that is putting me off, in 52 years of being a Derby supporter I am used to that. It is watching games that are ever so boring I struggle to stay awake, or having 90 minutes of heart attacks watching our defence bombarded with only luck and Carson keeping us in the game. 

Another transfer window with Rowett scares the life out of me, he has done enough damage in 2 transfer windows and I can not see how he has improved us at all.  

A lot of football is now boring and predictable, not just Derby.

Keep the faith, we need supporters like you from overseas carrying the Derby flag flying. Stay positive and appreciate things in a different way.

Do you really truly believe Rowett has improved us? If so what do you base that on? Because I cannot see a single thing he’s done that means we have a better team or footballing style than before. 

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

Do you really truly believe Rowett has improved us? If so what do you base that on? Because I cannot see a single thing he’s done that means we have a better team or footballing style than before. 

He’s worked well with the limited resource he has got. He’s got Vydra scoring again who became the leagues top scorer.

i think he’s found a system he wants to work with and will now base some summer signings on these positions. Not much is wrong but I do think Rowett needs another season. 

Who would you replace him with? 

He’s worked well with the limited resource he has got. He’s got Vydra scoring again who became the leagues top scorer.

i think he’s found a system he wants to work with and will now base some summer signings on these positions. Not much is wrong but I do think Rowett needs another season. 

Who would you replace him with? 

A manager who wants to build a team to play with flair and attacking intent, as opposed to one that wants his team to sit deep, surrender possession to the opposition and hope to catch them on the counter - every single bloody game.

I wouldn’t say he’s worked particularly well with the resources at his disposal. He signed Lawrence for about 3 million more than he was worth - and we’ll never recoup the fee for that headless chicken, and sold our top scorer and chief attacking threat when he still could have had a future here. Vydra has improved granted, but that didn’t stop Rowett sticking him on the bench for the most important match of the season last night.

Anyway, it’s moot point isn’t it? Rowett here to stay unless we are in the bottom three by October so it doesn’t matter what I think. Let’s hope he proves the likes of me wrong.

Archived