I am losing interest

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because the 'see no evil' fans preferred to see it that way. Anyway as was pointed out, while we're winning then Rowetts fans will shout loudest.

Just like when we were losing the Rowett out Brigade shout the loudest.... 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett will get the stick today as the only way you can escape it is by winning if you choose to bench your top scorer ( divisions top scorer ) on the bench for your biggest games , it’s that simple ,people say it’s a results business and it is ,if you are going to make big decisions that are controversial only getting a result spares you ,

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:
12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Strangely, the further I move away from Derby and the U.K. the more interest I have in the club. Maybe it’s an identity thing. 

Rams TV has been a revelation this year for me and despite the football on display I’ve enjoyed following every kick, instead of just listening to Radio Derby. In a way, I’m kinda glad I get another year of watching every live game..! ?

Bring on next season!

I found the same being away from the UK in a country that is only interested in Basketball means the only time you get to talk about sport is when you meet up with fellow Brits, coming from all different backgrounds and areas of the UK football is the common link so we talk about it a lot. 

This season has not given me much to talk about. I guess I could talk about the way we defended with 10 men for most of the game and got one lucky hoof up the field which we managed to score from. One of them said watching Derby this season is like watching Watford in the 80s, he was spot on. 

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It is very telling that only 27,000 only turned up to a play off semi final. Another season of rowettball without success and I’d be surprised if any more than 22,000 turned up. He’s slowly but surely turning fans against him.

While I do think it is true that there is a reduction in fans - I think its obvious, I think that low estimate is a gross exaggeration.

In fairness to the 27k, while it was definitely low - it was on a Friday night, on TV, with not a great deal of notice and tickets that ST holders had to buy (within a day to get their seat if I read reaction correctly).

Cardiff and Barnsley both got attendances over 30k, and while sure Barnsley was the last game of the season - the lead up to Cardiff was still in our poor run.

I just can’t see a positive future under rowett. 

Cant trust what he says as he fails to deliver, even down to last night he stated we would attack Fulham ...... but it was clear that was never his plan

brand of football - anti football and **** anti football at that 

personnel - most uninspiring derby team for quite a while

i sure hope we have a nice kit next season 

19 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Yeah like stopping  watching the RAMS on Tv or the internet is going to make a BIG DEAL to Derby County 

Agreed it has hardly any effect on Derby, there is something very wrong when someone that has supported Derby even at their lowest point for 52 years is losing interest. Even when we were in the third division I was travelling to see Derby play.  

7 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Agreed it has hardly any effect on Derby, there is something very wrong when someone that has supported Derby even at their lowest point for 52 years is losing interest. Even when we were in the third division I was travelling to see Derby play.  

May just be that your life is changing? If as you say you supported through the lowest points then chances are it’s more to do with you or football in general than derby 

I’ve tried to lose interest in dcfc but I can’t stop myself. I have lost some interest in this forum though. Being a lady of leisure I’ve been in the habit of checking several times a day and reading every post in the footballing sections. Last few weeks,until the playoffs, I’ve checked a couple of times a day and only read the first and last pages of topics.

A lot of posts are still very interesting but it feels now that every topic gets taken over with some posters reiterating the same views whatever the subject. Of course, that’s their prerogative, but it gets very boring and discussions often don’t get a chance to develop.

Still, not long til the transfer window opens and I can keep checking the ‘will he, won’t he’ section on signings!

3 minutes ago, archied said:

May just be that your life is changing? If as you say you supported through the lowest points then chances are it’s more to do with you or football in general than derby 

Or the football is completely uninspiring,dull and defensive...which is what the poster is actually saying is the problem......

I cannot believe anyone is actually defending what we have largely seen this year from Gary.....and then wondering why the crowds are dropping off so dramatically over the season....it's because a lot of people don't like the football,myself included (although,I've actually attended more games than usual this year,due to circumstances)

Watching not only Fulham,but in fact many teams this year,has saddened me,as it has illustrated just how far we have gone from good football to the kick and run style that rowett wants from us.....and he's only going to try and do more of it in the future.

Even if we get younger,faster players in that suit that style,it's still going to be the same thing at a quicker pace and the thought of several seasons of that,fills me with dread.

6 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

I have supported Derby for 52 years and I have never been less interested than I am at the moment. 

Being halfway round the world means I can't go to games but I used to watch most of them on the internet. However for the last 2 to 3 months I can't be bothered to do that, watching Derby defend for most of the match, hanging on by luck and the fact we have a great keeper and just hoping for a lucky break is like watching paint dry. 

It got so bad that I even went 3 games without checking the score.

Even when we were in the old 3rd division I had far more interest than I have now. 

Can we stand another season of this boring football? 

You could support Brentford

12 minutes ago, archram said:

I’ve tried to lose interest in dcfc but I can’t stop myself. I have lost some interest in this forum though. Being a lady of leisure I’ve been in the habit of checking several times a day and reading every post in the footballing sections. Last few weeks,until the playoffs, I’ve checked a couple of times a day and only read the first and last pages of topics.

A lot of posts are still very interesting but it feels now that every topic gets taken over with some posters reiterating the same views whatever the subject. Of course, that’s their prerogative, but it gets very boring and discussions often don’t get a chance to develop.

Still, not long til the transfer window opens and I can keep checking the ‘will he, won’t he’ section on signings!

Yes, this! 

I used to love reading but the topics are taken over by people trying to point out everything they can think of that’s wrong at DCFC. 

I feel like the fans base are adrenaline junkies who only want the highs of celebration , the thrill of mugging off other fans and take their pleasure from whinging about those who try to make improvements or new initiatives. 

Each visit I read probably one thread, it’s all moaning and I close it down. It’s a shame. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because the 'see no evil' fans preferred to see it that way. Anyway as was pointed out, while we're winning then Rowetts fans will shout loudest.

The same goes for the other end of the pendulum. The second we went behind the negative comments were flowing.

I don’t mind if people like or dislike Rowett for his style but at least be consistent about it. We had two polls within 2 weeks of each other about keeping or sacking him and the difference in results were huge.

38 minutes ago, Papahet said:

A decade in the Championship, no closer to getting out. Cant blame anyone who loses patience or interest TBF.

Really? Yet I’ll bet you have a laugh about Forests low gates. They’ve been here or lower for 20 years. Don’t snap back when they point out we are doing the same. 

13 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Really? Yet I’ll bet you have a laugh about Forests low gates. They’ve been here or lower for 20 years. Don’t snap back when they point out we are doing the same. 

What have Forest got to do with anything?

When you see the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Palace, Watford and Burnley overtake the club you support, it's kinda depressing don't you think?

Ten plus years in this tinpot league and now getting told by Morris and Rowett that we'll need to take a stepback; how many more years are we going to be stuck in the division? The parachute payments will increase for relegated sides, which'll make it even harder to compete. The money Morris does have, gets spent on the academy - which is nowhere near the standard it should be at considering the millions been put into it over the past 5 years.

And our better players seem to be off to stay inline with FFP; Hendrick, Ince, Hughes potentially Vydra. Hardly inspiring is it?

I can see why people may be loosing interest but something that i'm looking forward to is having some stability and not chopping and changing every 6/7 months. 

The football isn't the greatest but it seems to be effective. Leicester found a mix of defending resolutely and hitting teams on the break, hopefully we can find that balance 

Archived