Next season

loweman2

Right oh chaps funny old season draws to an end !

lets face it we were not / are not ready for the prem, so we roll up our sleeves, wipe the crocodile tears away and get ready for what exciting times lay ahead, at least we have finally seen the lads did have some balls ! Just need to show them in every game next season not just till Christmas!

lets hope that we get those three key players that we need for this team to click.

same time same place same **** ? Lets hope not !

come on you Rams ! ???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to see some good quality loans like Mac pulled off. Loan some players that are better than we can buy with limited financial commitment 

most sides that have got out of this division in recent years have used the loan market well 

Sacking Rowett would be ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. We've just lost in the play offs to a team that went HALF a season unbeaten and didn't lose at home. 

The effort was there but we just don't have enough quality. Our use of the ball in the final 3rd is terrible. Weimann, Lawrence the main culprits. Look at their use of the ball and look at ours. They have better players all over the park. I'd have Davies from our team and Wisdom at a push. But from there on in. Every single one of their players would get in our side. 

Think it's time to thank Keogh for his efforts and move him on. Keep Davies and get a young centre half in to play alongside him. 

Forsyth is horrendous. He was embarrassing today and has been embarrassing all season. Terrible footballer. Has to go. 

Then we need some quality in midfield and the final 3rd.

Weimann. Cant fault his effort. But no end product. 

Nugent is past it. 

Jerome has had a good run but he ain't the answer. 

Huge season for Lawrence next season. Cos he's frustrated the life out of me. 

Can't see us keeping Vydra. Think we'll sell him on the back of his best ever season. 15 million plus and he's gone. 

Would like to see us sign Winnall and a striker on loan maybe? Hugill at West Ham as an option. 

We need a left back, midfielder and a winger. A good old fashioned winger. 

I was hoping we would get rid of Rowett but as we clearly will not be doing that then we have to look ahead.

I hope (but doubt) that Rowett will not think that this late season formation is the answer - the thought of 46 games where we park the bus home and away whilst trying to pinch a win on the break will not work and who would want to watch it if it did.

He is never going to play like Mac - but you would hope there is a sensible more pleasing middle ground. We need to have much more of a threat, we need to at least slip some skill into the team, more pace and move on a lot of the dross that we still have here.

I am not sure he has a vision - but will be happy and more than pleasantly surprised if he proves me wrong come the start of next season.

9 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Id like to see some good quality loans like Mac pulled off. Loan some players that are better than we can buy with limited financial commitment 

most sides that have got out of this division in recent years have used the loan market well 

You mean like Palmer, but then never play him?

Pros:

We have a very decent set of players to build a very good side from. Wisdom and Lawrence should be seen as the future of this team.

Cons:

Too many old heads need clearing out now. Questions will now even be over some of the first 11

Need to learn from mistakes of this season. The hot/cold game with players has been dreadful and we’ve been punished for it in individual games and over the season. The squad needs cutting yes, but we need to be less rigid on an 11 whilst others don’t seem to fit them come in out of nowhere.

Can we stop believing our own hype? Perfect example is the praise of Davies from the first leg. Yes he did well but it was the back three working together to close the space that stopped Mitrovic and not just Davies. Tonight because he got the praise focused on him, it was more obvious that he struggled with the pressure to me anyway. We need to be better at praising the side as a whole when they deserve it, than focusing on small aspects and going ott on it.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Forsyth is horrendous. He was embarrassing today and has been embarrassing all season. Terrible footballer. Has to go. 

Admittedly he’s been shockingly terrible. Remember how hyped everyone was when he came back? Similar to Thorne really, he’s been poor too. I have to say when players come back from injury at Derby they become significantly worse. Look at Hughes for example. Before he got injured he was England’s best young prospect. His season in 16/17 was pretty average. It’s sad that Forsyth is practically a shadow of what he used to be.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sacking Rowett would be ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. We've just lost in the play offs to a team that went HALF a season unbeaten and didn't lose at home. 

It would be ridiculous given how well he's done, but I don't know if it would be a mistake. Results have been good but he's also really tested my interest in this team. I genuinely don't think I'll pay a lot of attention if he's here next season and that makes me sad. 

We obviously don't know the exact financial movement we have going into the summer, but all indications point to very little. Inadvertently, the squad at the moment isn't one that's going to get better over time - quite the opposite. 

I hate the cries for a 'rebuild' especially after finishing sixth, but based on the financial situation (well, our financial restrictions due to outrageous FFP implications) I honestly think we are going to have to wheel and deal as much as possible. Vydra will most likely be sold, but I just worry for how much based on Ince & Hughes's fee from last season. 

The other worry is the players that we've managed to get into the top six this season based on a game plan of riding our luck... sorry, not having the ball, and playing off our opponents weaknesses. I guess it means that we don't need to sign overly technical, potentially expensive players in order to be reasonably successful next season. We just can't dream of going back to playing the football like we did under McClaren or seeing a team play like Fulham/Wolves. 

I hope Rowett & Derby surprise me going into the next season. 

31 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Lets hope rowett gets the boot.

I get the impression that the Chairman is happy with GR and it probably suits Mel with his plans to scale back on the spending and overhead. As fans I think we probably need face up to a couple of seasons more akin to times under Nigel Clough. Doesn't seem that long ago that Mac had us playing football to match Fulham. Unfortunately that didn't work out either ....

11 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

It would be ridiculous given how well he's done, but I don't know if it would be a mistake. Results have been good but he's also really tested my interest in this team. I genuinely don't think I'll pay a lot of attention if he's here next season and that makes me sad. 

Let's see what personnel he brings in over the summer. 

He's made use of what he's had. 

Personally think the fact we've got to the play offs with our midfield and attacking options is a good achievement. 

Archived