Next season

loweman2

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why aren't they? How do you know that they aren't? Guy has been good at two different league 1 clubs, and Elsnick was Swindon's best player. Derby just won't give them a try.

Because they aren’t and that’s the feeling inside the club at this present time. Lowe will get a chance and Thomas a bit part, we need better quality and some physical strength. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shaftesbury st said:

Because they aren’t

Hardly a detailed answer. Nobody is ready until they're ready, was Hendrick ready before we dropped him in? No. Was Hughes? No. They will never be ready unless they're given a chance. And Rowett has shown he isn't interested in doing that. Clough did give them a chance.

Next season I'll be hoping for the same things that I was hoping for this season.

A couple of skilful hard working midfielders, a goal hungry centre-forward who can lead the attack and a good young fast centre-half.

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I disagree with that, strongly. 

Pearson & Rowett have seen the Derby possession game as a weakness and have tried to change it. McClaren got us playing football again before he was sacked for dropping out of the top six (despite taking us from the bottom six to the top six in the same season ?)

It's just the way he wants to play the game. It's the way he knows how to manage and it's been somewhat successful. When Clement was the manager here, we got beat 3-0 at home by his Birmingham side despite us having A LOT more of the ball. We're now that Birmingham side, or at least trying to play like that Birmingham side.

Do you think Rowett says to his players before the game to go out and not have any shots?

They have to work the ball better in the final 3rd.

Sometimes we get it right. (No team in the league has won by a 3 goal margin more than Derby) 

But a lot of the times the quality in the final 3rd isn't there. Players make bad decisions. 

5 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Next season I'll be hoping for the same things that I was hoping for this season.

A couple of skilful hard working midfielders, a goal hungry centre-forward who can lead the attack and a good young fast centre-half.

In that case, welcome Steve sidwell and peter crouch 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Players make bad decisions. 

Will be forgotten, but tonight, jerome was just outside the penalty area and decided to go for a curling shot into the far corner when there was a simple pass through to anya who would've been 1 on 1. I think i have seen enough from this system for some optimism going in to next season as we have seen the team get into numerous promising positions, even in the last 2 games, but recruitment has to be spot on, to find those players that make the right decisions more often than not, though that will be difficult.

We’ve over-achieved this season in my opinion. Fair play to Rowett. He has a certain strategy and it got us so far. Not my cup of tea (him or the strategy) but I’m bored of repeating that and he got us higher than I expected last summer. So hats off. 

But I still don’t like how we play and I still can’t see any longevity in this current regime. I’m probably daft, but I like watching us get at teams, I enjoy us knocking the ball around and players rifling goals in from all over the place. No fear football. That didn’t get us up before either, but it’s just personal preference. 

Perhaps GR will add a few more young, hungry players, stick a ball-player in midfield and call time on one or two’s Rams careers? I think that’s what we need to kick on. 

I fear we will see a continuation though. 

Going to enjoy the break and see what happens over the summer. It’s weird though. I don’t feel angry or gutted about the result. I think it’s because I fully expected it. Fulham are a joy to watch. We really aren’t. Not even close.

UTR

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I disagree with that, strongly. 

Pearson & Rowett have seen the Derby possession game as a weakness and have tried to change it. McClaren got us playing football again before he was sacked for dropping out of the top six (despite taking us from the bottom six to the top six in the same season)

Really? We played possession football so adeptly last season didn’t we. Hence we were battered by Norwich Brighton to name just two?! We were sinking like a stone when Rowett came in and the football was dire. Didn’t have the squad to play possession football effectively. 13/14 is long gone.

Mac victim of poor recruitment by predecessors.Should’ve been given more time. Rowett has same problems to deal with, had been given time and give him some more , we will continue to improve as we have done this season. Football is no worse and we finished in the top 6

Just now, LB_DCFC said:

Will be forgotten, but tonight, jerome was just outside the penalty area and decided to go for a curling shot into the far corner when there was a simple pass through to anya who would've been 1 on 1. I think i have seen enough from this system for some optimism going in to next season as we have seen the team get into numerous promising positions, even in the last 2 games, but recruitment has to be spot on, to find those players that make the right decisions more often than not, though that will be difficult.

Remember that bit well. Cos I was fuming. 

Little things like that. A better player slips it through to Anya. Gets shot away. 

Even if the keeper saves. 

Its that decision making and quality in the final 3rd which let's us down constantly. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Little things like that. A better player slips it through to Anya. Gets shot away. 

Its that decision making and quality in the final 3rd which let's us down constantly. 

I can think of a player who wear no.9 but boy that's a bag of worms that probably doesn't need opening tonight...

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Do you think Rowett says to his players before the game to go out and not have any shots?

They have to work the ball better in the final 3rd.

Sometimes we get it right. (No team in the league has won by a 3 goal margin more than Derby) 

But a lot of the times the quality in the final 3rd isn't there. Players make bad decisions. 

He wants to pass the ball into space, he doesn't want the ball into feet and he wants the ball passed forward as quickly as possible. 

The result in that is 70% of the goals we've scored this season. The other result is that passes, usually ambitious balls over the top and into spaces behind the fullback, are cleaned up comfortably - providing the other team are competent and make the right decisions themselves. If you can remember how compact the players were going forward under McClaren, with players almost within touching distance of each other and the success we had through Martin flicking the ball on to Bryson then compare that to how stretched the team are now. We are set up to play textbook possession football - win the second balls, chase down the defence and force the other team into awkward positions. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Think that's the one major thing that Lawrence in particular is missing in his game. don't necessarily know if it is the thing that can be coached into a person as it is just situational awareness, but the amount of times he runs down blind alleyways or plays the wrong ball is so frustrating. Seen many a winger similar in that respect, and I guess that is what you have to expect from a championship winger.

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Really? We played possession football so adeptly last season didn’t we. Hence we were battered by Norwich Brighton to name just two?! We were sinking like a stone when Rowett came in and the football was dire. Didn’t have the squad to play possession football effectively. 13/14 is long gone.

Mac victim of poor recruitment by predecessors.Should’ve been given more time. Rowett has same problems to deal with, had been given time and give him some more , we will continue to improve as we have done this season. Football is no worse and we finished in the top 6

This season we were battered by Burton & Sunderland to name just two, though? 

Rowett has never played a possession brand of football. He's done well being a percentage-based manager and why should he change that? Each manager will have their own qualities: Guardiola and Allardyce for example.

Rowett is probably a better manager than Warburton, but no doubt in my mind the football would be easier to watch under the latter - if not as successful.  

Archived