14th May 1983 and 14th May 2018

loweman2

Both versus Fulham, back then it was the last game of the season, let’s hope that this year it’s not !

certainly was a game that lives long in the memory for those of us that were there !

Deja Vu ? No chance !

things like this will never ever be seen again at a top level football match.

and who said the the BBG was intimidating to the opposition?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we talk about the crowd being the 12th man, in this case we were the 12th,13th, 14th,15th.... 

Ray Houghon was talking about this on the radio this week. He wasn’t too critical about Derby which was kind of him considering the circumstances.

Incredible though isn’t it?! Its like something from a 3rd division Colombian game where Pablo has a bet on the home team to win and the ref is bricking it.

5 hours ago, bcnram said:

To be fair the game should have been replayed on a neutral ground. In another era the ground would probably have been closed for a period. 

The terraces were shut for the opening few games of the following season as punishment, I can’t remember how many games it was exactly.

What a day that was! Our crowd made our way down from the back of the popside and were amongst the first over the fence, plod tried to open the gate to push us back in and loads more just pushed out of the gate instead. Malcolm wasn't a happy man ?

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

The terraces were shut for the opening few games of the following season as punishment, I can’t remember how many games it was exactly.

I can’t remember the terraces being closed as punishment. Then again there is plenty of stuff that I don’t remember. 

On 08/05/2018 at 07:27, bcnram said:

I can’t remember the terraces being closed as punishment. Then again there is plenty of stuff that I don’t remember. 

It was three or four, I can’t remember exactly and I can’t find anything online, strangely. Someone on here probably knows how to find the information I would imagine.

On 08/05/2018 at 07:27, bcnram said:

I think I rember having to sit in the Ley stand for two games as the terraces were shut.

If I remember right it was 2 games with the terracing closed. As for the tackle I remember that vividly. The number 10 is Paul Hooks, who had just returned after a stomach muscle injury. A few minutes earlier the Fulham player had gone in so high that he took Hooks out in the stomach. Hooks was obviously trying to get revenge but didn’t really get close. The referee went straight over to book him but totally missed fat Kenny waited for the player as he landed after avoiding the lunge.

Archived