Fulham fans. Concern

ram1964

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, europia said:

There is a sense that our chances of beating Fulham look better than a they did 4 or 5 weeks ago. They are a very good side but not invincible. We have scraped into the play offs and are playing reasonably well. So fairly evenly matched in my view and it will come down to the players determination and desire.  

Nerves and luck will play apart,The expectations should be on Fulham.Despite their recent run of good form some of their player's are fatigued and carrying injuries.Their supporters are concerned that we have found form and can score goals.We need to take them out of their comfort Zone at ours and not make the same mistakes we did against Hull at ours last time.Theirs fans are hoping for a draw at ours in the hope of being able to turn it on at home.If we drop the nerves play confident offensive football we can have them in the back foot.Don't think their defence is any thing special so let's apply the pressure get a few goals,and then if GR  wants to play counter attacking football at theirs and hit an on the break that will be fine by me.Think we need two or three goals at home though to put this to bed and with their expectations,nerves,present results a few injuries we can do this if we play with confidence.We have the maturity and experience,isn't this what these players were brought in for? Let's do it?

We can take positives from HTFC last season - in the play offs with a negative GD, unfancied against SWFC and Reading, ended up winning both on penalties and still have a chance of staying in the premier league although admittedly their last two games are tough against Chelsea and Arsenal. I've gone from being pessimistic a month ago to quite optimistic about our chances 

31 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Also we haven’t won at Fulham since the 80’s ??

We beat them in the cup in Mac's first spell. From 2-0 down to 5-2!

I will never forget that day mainly because it was the ONE time I couldn't make it down to Craven Cottage. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Out of them, Villa & Boro, I'm glad we're playing them.  If Brum were able to get at them and win, then so can we.  

Am I right in thinking Mitrovic isn't eligible for the play offs???

“Goals in all but one of Fulham’s six games in the month and an even bigger role could await if Fulham are to navigate their way through the Play-Offs.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/player-of-the-month-aleksandar-mitrovic-fulham/

It's a lottery.

Given our recent results and fact we're at home coupled with their run ending/automatic promotion miss we COULD roll them over 3-0.

They COULD just as easily play to their full capacity and do the same to us regardless of if that's by rattling us and us folding or simply outclassing us.

Of course the result is likely to fall between these parameters. I think both sets of fans have a case to be cautiously optimistic, but in such situations good or bad luck around a penalty shout, tackle or even deflection could easily be a deciding factor.

I can see us taking a one goal lead to Fulham and going through the shredder as we play 11 behind the ball....

As long we don't go to the second leg more than a goal behind I think we're still in with a shout.

I fancy us to perform well in the first leg though.

The other thing to remember is Fulham beat us when we were pretty much at our worst, we are somewhat rejuvenated now.

To miss out on automatic promotion on the last day by losing your last match  must have been soul destroying.

There is big question mark on how they will be able to react to this massive disappoint.

We did to  now exploit they doubts and fears they may now have you just never know. 

19 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

We did to  now exploit they doubts and fears they may now have you just never know. 

That they'll never be regarded in the same class as Wandsworth, that their houses value won't accumulate sufficiently, that Clapham is considered more desirable, that affordable housing will be built in their borough, that sort of thing?

Archived