Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

And what's wrong with that if doing what he wants gets us what most of us want? 

You've missed the point  @Tamworthram it's all about what Roy wants. Every success, large or small that the rest of us enjoy under the current set-up is just another hair across Roy's a4se. Ironically, this please me greatly ?

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

We've been quick to slate the ownership and the management this season, but I think a big thanks is owed to Mel for persisting with Gary even where the results have gone sour. 

We?

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

We've been quick to slate the ownership and the management this season, but I think a big thanks is owed to Mel for persisting with Gary even where the results have gone sour. 

It only occurred to me that this is the first manager to see a whole season since we had Nigel Clough here, long may it continue. 

Even if we don't manage promotion this year, to see a change in the approach to management this year is encouraging. A truly settled club with a clear direction will always get to the promised land, whether it be in the short or the long term. 

Yes, we are unlikely to get past Fulham, but a top six finish is enough to warrant GR getting another season. 

3 hours ago, europia said:

Yes, we are unlikely to get past Fulham, but a top six finish is enough to warrant GR getting another season. 

For sure, and hopefully he will have learned from his experiences this season. 

He hasn't used the loan market to much effect and this could be used to get in some younger players and also spare Morris splashing big cash.

Of course if we dispatch Fulham and prevail at Wembley then the considerations change.

I can'thank Mel. He ruined our best team this side of the millennium and set us five years backwards. Will take us years to undo the mess he has created and possibly up to a decade to get us back to a level of 2013-2015. 

11 hours ago, angieram said:

There is a very good interview with Mel on the DCFC website tonight that I think goes some way to explaining the absolute complexities of running a football club. The fact that Mel has such a good understanding of all these different areas and is constantly juggling to get them to line up to our best advantage is testament to his dedication to our club. 

I am impressed. 

Just read that.. Same old really. What did make me laugh was when he said other clubs only really look at you and get a plan together when you get to second..  Jeeez. So nobody bothers until then. No idea.. Pethaps that’s what we do? 

It’s hard to change your style formation etc.. Must have been a light bulb for him.. What happened about flexible and changing teams and formation for specific opposition?

Rowett only had 4 days to prepare for a change in formation prior to the Cardiff, Villa & Boro games.. Now that really worries me, WTF have they been doing in training the rest of the season then.. That is a really poor reflection of Rowett and his game preparation and again just shows that half of what they spout is just bollx.

Over the last 5 seasons there are plenty of examples of teams who have been promoted spending little and plenty of examples of those who have spent loads . Some have stayed up some have come down . Having a stable club that doesn't gamble the whole future on a failed attempt to reach the money is surely the sensible option.  Three will still get promoted and three relegated every season... time for cool heads .

When we do get promoted the ******** will intensify as to how we did it .. the reality is we achieved more points than the rest or came through the 3 game cup competition ...

Enjoy the ride .  Just think we could be forest in 17th ffs.

COYR 

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can'thank Mel. He ruined our best team this side of the millennium and set us five years backwards. Will take us years to undo the mess he has created and possibly up to a decade to get us back to a level of 2013-2015. 

What did the best team this side of the millennium achieve?

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is that the response of someone that can't think of a sensible reply?

What else do you expect - totally negative poster. If he wasn't so comical I would have blocked him ages ago.

21 hours ago, Moist One said:

you may laugh, but I don't think Shaquiri is the kind of player we want. I think he's more hindrance than help.

Ur right I'm laughing lol 

Joking aside i know what ur getting at and agree but there isn't a universe that exists where I wouldn't drive butterfield to stoke if we were getting shaquiri back lol 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ur right I'm laughing lol 

Joking aside i know what ur getting at and agree but there isn't a universe that exists where I wouldn't drive butterfield to stoke if we were getting shaquiri back lol 

I'd love him here, but it would take a massive leap of faith to see him in a Rowett line up, based on what we've seen so far.

As a PL wildcard should we get there, I'd love it!

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we get promoted I'll be very happy. But there is no doubt that Mel has played it as he wants.

Isn't that what owners of companies and football clubs all reserve the right to do ????

strange comment 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Wasn’t he recently taking a pop at his teammates calling them poo, and that’s he’s too good for this team? Everton are apparently interested as well. 

God he'd have a field day here lol 

he would hound Blackman out of the club.... wait .. quick .. get the lad in asap 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

What else do you expect - totally negative poster. If he wasn't so comical I would have blocked him ages ago.

Please do, I really don't mind. Totally negative where Rowett is concerned and ambivalent about Mel is all.

49 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Isn't that what owners of companies and football clubs all reserve the right to do ????

strange comment 

Why? Fans don't have to agree with what football club owners do - or is that a bit extreme an idea for you? ?

Archived