Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? Fans don't have to agree with what football club owners do - or is that a bit extreme an idea for you? ?

No not at all actually ... being an owner of a company myself ?

I find your remark peculiar that's all that u find it strange that an owner will run a company the way they want 

surely your old enough to know that's what happens, so why your so taken aback by it is .. well as I said strange that's all 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? Fans don't have to agree with what football club owners do - or is that a bit extreme an idea for you? ?

Genuine question, at what point did you start having a real thing against Rowett and Mel? Or is it the same for every manager that comes in? 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

No not at actually ... being an owner of a company myself 

I find your remark peculiar that's all that u find it strange that an wiener will run a company the way they want 

surely your old enough to know that's what happens, so why your so taken aback by it is .. well as I said strange that's all 

Not the way Mel likes to come across is it? Man of the people/fans an' all. It's a football hardly the same as Tescos is it.

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Genuine question, at what point did you start having a real thing against Rowett and Mel? Or is it the same for every manager that comes in? 

Absolutely, the same for every manager and owner Derby have, it's the football equivalent of a hair shirt!

Mel's not perfect- who is? He's made mistakes along the way and will probably make more. Hopefully he's learnt a lot and will help the club to reach greater heights. I for one am pleased we've got a local man owning the club who really is a Derby man through and through. It really is a Derby club and not some wealthy foreign investors play thing. Here's to better times and thank you Mel.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not the way Mel likes to come across is it? Man of the people/fans an' all. It's a football hardly the same as Tescos is it.

So cos the guy puts money into the community, builds our clubs foundations, accademy, infrastructure, non football income that will hold the club in good stead for years after he's gone uv got the hump with him cos he seems in your eyes to want to be one of the people and a local hero 

good grief man

yer your right **** it let's get the amigos back in 

then we can all be miserable sods 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't realise it had to be The 3 Amigos if it wasn't Mel...

Ok maxwell?, or the "restructuring" Americans.... or what about a falwaz or a venky

So bacially your holding out for an abramovitch or city style takeover 

oh well if only if thought of that 

id honestly thought with a username such as yours you'd be all too aware of our record with terrible chairman and that what we have now is pretty dam decent comparatively 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So cos the guy u puts money into the community, builds our clubs foundations, accademy, infrastructure, non football income that will hold the club in good stead for years after he's gone uv got the hump with him cos he seems in your eyes to want to be one of the people and a local hero 

good grief man

yer your right **** it let's get the amigos back in 

then we can all be miserable sods 

I doubt anyone has a problem with the money he's sunk into the infrastructure, the academy upgrades, the community projects etc etc.

I really really hope he goes down in history as a legend of DCFC, and his contribution is recognised eternally.

But in the here and now, I don't find a bit of constructive criticism to be unhelpful.

So far, he's made some spectacular volte faces to go with the undoubted good things he's done, and the fact that some can see no wrong in his stewardship so far is a concern. 

Maybe he's learning, maybe he's not, but the fact he's local and minted shouldn't stop us viewing his reign so far under a critical lense, in the same way we'd judge any other custodian. 

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

and the fact that some can see no wrong in his stewardship so far is a concern. 

I'd be shocked if anybody could see no wrong in his stewardship as we all know that he has made mistakes, but some of us see the good he has done and hope he is learning from any mistakes made and are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

'

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd be shocked if anybody could see no wrong in his stewardship as we all know that he has made mistakes, but some of us see the good he has done and hope he is learning from any mistakes made and are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

'

I'd hoped that was pretty much the gist of my post, maybe it didn't come across as such, if so apologies.

Benefit of the doubt implies it's 50/50 when it comes to stewardship, I'd say it's weighted more in Mel's favour than not, particularly off the pitch and behind the scenes.

It's just in that 20% that really matters to most, the 1st team, that let's him down atm, imo.

That's not say it will always be that way, but upto now he's been found slightly wanting, again in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd hoped that was pretty much the gist of my post, maybe it didn't come across as such, if so apologies.

Benefit of the doubt implies it's 50/50 when it comes to stewardship, I'd say it's weighted more in Mel's favour than not, particularly off the pitch and behind the scenes.

It's just in that 20% that really matters to most, the 1st team, that let's him down atm, imo.

That's not say it will always be that way, but upto now he's been found slightly wanting, again in my opinion.

I honestly don't think Mel can shoulder the blame for the 1st team.

He has backed the managers he has employed and although he employed them in the first place, people would've slated him if they complained about his lack of backing when he eventually sacked them.

47 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I doubt anyone has a problem with the money he's sunk into the infrastructure, the academy upgrades, the community projects etc etc.

I really really hope he goes down in history as a legend of DCFC, and his contribution is recognised eternally.

But in the here and now, I don't find a bit of constructive criticism to be unhelpful.

So far, he's made some spectacular volte faces to go with the undoubted good things he's done, and the fact that some can see no wrong in his stewardship so far is a concern. 

Maybe he's learning, maybe he's not, but the fact he's local and minted shouldn't stop us viewing his reign so far under a critical lense, in the same way we'd judge any other custodian. 

Constructive criticism - yes, by all means but not non-stop negative, boring, repetitive comments. I've yet to speak to one Rams fan who can't highlight errors of judgement made by the Chairman but if you read one or two posters you would think he's never made a right decision since he took over the reins.

15 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I honestly don't think Mel can shoulder the blame for the 1st team.

He has backed the managers he has employed and although he employed them in the first place, people would've slated him if they complained about his lack of backing when he eventually sacked them.

It's not the lack of backing, it's appointing them in the 1st place.

We had a good manager, stats prove he was in the top 1 of all time Derby managers.

Wasn't good enough for Mel, although he'd committed to Derby it was for the wrong reasons, so he got rid.

He then appointed a rookie with good pedigree, a reserve coach to fill in, then a nasty bugger who's stock was high, and then went back to the fella he sacked originally, to undo the damage the previous incumbents had created, but then sacked him, but only after we'd let him give a player who'd been surplus to requirements a fat new contract, presumably on the basis we'd build our team around him.

If that's not created problems at 1st team level, I'm a monkeys uncle.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

'

Genuine question..  What good?

Just now, Angry Ram said:

Genuine question..  What good?

He has put a lot of time and money into improving things at Moor farm and Pride park and the revenue coming into the club outside of matchdays has increased massively. This might not be the sort of thing that makes some fans happy, but I believe the club is more secure now than it's been for years and it will eventually lead to success.

Just now, ossieram said:

He has put a lot of time and money into improving things at Moor farm and Pride park and the revenue coming into the club outside of matchdays has increased massively. This might not be the sort of thing that makes some fans happy, but I believe the club is more secure now than it's been for years and it will eventually lead to success.

whilst that sounds good, one swipe of a pen (ie. Bad signing or decision) could remove all that (supposed) progress. In real terms, as fans, we do not see any benefit of that, in fact, there is no real evidence to suggest those things have improved, only the propaganda from the club.

Just now, Moist One said:

whilst that sounds good, one swipe of a pen (ie. Bad signing or decision) could remove all that (supposed) progress. In real terms, as fans, we do not see any benefit of that, in fact, there is no real evidence to suggest those things have improved, only the propaganda from the club.

Ask @ramblur

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Absolutely... it goes without saying he's there to be shot at 

im a supporter of mel but I'll certainly acknowledge that he's got plenty wrong, most notesbly the rediculous turnover in managers 

but at the same time his critics need to realise derby county could and have had far far far worse chairman and ownerships than mel and what he has done for the future of this club will stand the club in greater stead long after he's gone and that there arnt many chairmen, ownership groups and consortiums that give a S#%Rt about the club after they've gone and moving forward 

i just think people forget what else is out there all too easily sometimes, for every abramovic there's a Falwaz, for every Man City style takeover there's a venky 

I'll stick with mel ta 

not faultlesss by any stretch but Jesus Christ I think we all got a little bit spoilt sometimes and have short memories.

not saying u bud as u make a reasonable case and agree he's made mistakes but some... 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

what he has done for the future of this club will stand the club in greater stead long after he's gone

sorry, I cannot agree with this. ALL it takes is one decision and that is gone. One bit less funding, or similar, and it grinds to a halt. After he's gone, the next owners HAVE to fund it otherwise it's all gone, so no, it's not guaranteed. We could never see any benefit whatsoever.

Archived