Thank you Mel

RamLad1884

So what ? He'll knock down the accademy will he?

and take it away brick by brick ?

the idea that the accademy funds itself by providing talent for the club to either sell or harness themselves.

The fact it hasn't yet isn't mels fault or does he take the rap too cos it hasn't produced another 10 Will Hughes and a Jeff Hendrick???

every club worth its salt has a accademy or a youth policy, ours thanks to mel is state of the art and is the envy of many

do u think Mel would walk away and leave us high and dry and up **** street after all his investment and time, and that he's a fan aswell

how many ownership groups/chairman would walk into a club see our youth facilities and think well I'm not funding that, what a waste that would be funding and harnessing the potential of a cat one youth facility 

yer of coarse ??

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Ask @ramblur

In 16/17, the only income head that didn't show a rise was merchandising, which appears to be a set figure every year, after it was farmed out. The rises were:- Match Receipts £373k,  TV & Broadcasting £2.307m   Programme Sales & Related Activities £37k,  Commercial & Hospitality £503k  Sponsorship  nearly £2m   Other Receipts £1.258m,  giving a pretty impressive overall rise of c£6.5m.

I can verify that the accounts for 15/16 and 16/17 both evidence a pretty hefty spend on infrastructure, including the training complex.

If by financial health you mean the strength of the Balance Sheet, it's improved way beyond recognition from earlier years.

33 minutes ago, Moist One said:

sorry, I cannot agree with this. ALL it takes is one decision and that is gone. One bit less funding, or similar, and it grinds to a halt. After he's gone, the next owners HAVE to fund it otherwise it's all gone, so no, it's not guaranteed. We could never see any benefit whatsoever.

If he continues to build strong revenues and cuts the cost base (mainly wages) to levels he knows to be sustainable, then that is the legacy he would pass on to a future owner, not forgetting infrastructure improvements.

8 minutes ago, ramblur said:

In 16/17, the only income head that didn't show a rise was merchandising, which appears to be a set figure every year, after it was farmed out. The rises were:- Match Receipts £373k,  TV & Broadcasting £2.307m   Programme Sales & Related Activities £37k,  Commercial & Hospitality £503k  Sponsorship  nearly £2m   Other Receipts £1.258m,  giving a pretty impressive overall rise of c£6.5m.

I can verify that the accounts for 15/16 and 16/17 both evidence a pretty hefty spend on infrastructure, including the training complex.

If by financial health you mean the strength of the Balance Sheet, it's improved way beyond recognition from earlier years.

Thank you sir.

36 minutes ago, Moist One said:

sorry, I cannot agree with this. ALL it takes is one decision and that is gone. One bit less funding, or similar, and it grinds to a halt. After he's gone, the next owners HAVE to fund it otherwise it's all gone, so no, it's not guaranteed. We could never see any benefit whatsoever.

What a stupid comment 

U just ain't a pint half full type of guy are u ? 

thats one way of looking at it 

another is that those foundations, the accademy aren't going anywhere and that any incoming owenship group or chairman would be totally utterly mad not to try and push the club to harness that sort of potential

how many would walk into a club like derby and see a cat one accademy as a negative ????? 

Lmao only u clearly 

but hey why focus on the positive when its so easy to be a negative sod

Total revenues in 13/14 (which Mel effectively inherited) were just over £20m ( and the previous owners had done their best to deliver incremental boosts to revenue during their tenure), whereas the figure for 16/17 was just over £29m, a rise of 45% in 3 years, or an average of 15% a year. I think the current year will see a further advance, even before any play off income.

All of this against the backdrop of a failed iPro deal. 

2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Total revenues in 13/14 (which Mel effectively inherited) were just over £20m ( and the previous owners had done their best to deliver incremental boosts to revenue during their tenure), whereas the figure for 16/17 was just over £29m, a rise of 45% in 3 years, or an average of 15% a year. I think the current year will see a further advance, even before any play off income.

Just imagine if he'd launched a DCFC VPN, he'd be sitting on a lot more income.

Anyway time to leave this thread behind, thanks to Mel or not we've got a job to do, starting Friday.

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

What a stupid comment 

U just ain't a pint half full type of guy are u ? 

thats one way of looking at it 

another is that those foundations, the accademy aren't going anywhere and that any incoming owenship group or chairman would be totally utterly mad not to try and push the club to harness that sort of potential

how many would walk into a club like derby and see a cat one accademy as a negative ????? 

Lmao only u clearly 

but hey why focus on the positive when its so easy to be a negative sod

can you actually read? 

10 hours ago, Moist One said:

whilst that sounds good, one swipe of a pen (ie. Bad signing or decision) could remove all that (supposed) progress. In real terms, as fans, we do not see any benefit of that, in fact, there is no real evidence to suggest those things have improved, only the propaganda from the club.

This is certainly not one of your better posts.

If you want evidence of things that Mel has improved since takeover then 3 things I would suggest:-

1 look at the accounts.

2 have a look around you when you're at Pride Park.

3 pay Moor Farm a visit.

Now point 1 can  easily affected by bad signings but the fact that Mel has been financing DCFC means this has not been the case.

Points 2 and 3 are not just going to suddenly disappear because he funds a bad signing.

In terms of the football side of things, he took over us as a play off team and that' still what we are.

12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Genuine question, at what point did you start having a real thing against Rowett and Mel? Or is it the same for every manager that comes in? 

Take no notice of Roy Mac ,he’s just upset that we have got in the play offs ,   He will cheer up again once he figures out we may not win them ?

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is certainly not one of your better posts.

If you want evidence of things that Mel has improved since takeover then 3 things I would suggest:-

1 look at the accounts.

2 have a look around you when you're at Pride Park.

3 pay Moor Farm a visit.

Now point 1 can  easily affected by bad signings but the fact that Mel has been financing DCFC means this has not been the case.

Points 2 and 3 are not just going to suddenly disappear because he funds a bad signing.

In terms of the football side of things, he took over us as a play off team and that' still what we are.

hang on, what I've said is that one decision and ALL of this is wiped out, it isn't guaranteed to be a legacy without further commitment. Example (hypothetical), Mel sells out to unscrupulous owners, they want to cut costs and bleed the club dry, how easy do you think it will be to undo ALL of Mel's hard work? VERY VERY VERY easy. This is my point.

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

hang on, what I've said is that one decision and ALL of this is wiped out, it isn't guaranteed to be a legacy without further commitment. Example (hypothetical), Mel sells out to unscrupulous owners, they want to cut costs and bleed the club dry, how easy do you think it will be to undo ALL of Mel's hard work? VERY VERY VERY easy. This is my point.

Not really sure of your point, the same can be said about every single club so there's not really much point in saying it.

And to be honest that's not even really what you said. You said there's no evidence of things that Mel has improved, just propaganda from the club.

19 minutes ago, Moist One said:

So are you actually acknowledging ALL mels hard work? I’m a bit lost as to what you really are trying to say ,are you saying mel should not bother trying to build a healthy club because somebody else comming in can / will destroy what he’s done? Are you saying there’s no evidence that he’s done anything good and it’s just club propaganda? 

Sorry mate but it’s the same old stuff ,rowett gets us in play offs whilst reducing budget but is rubbish so get rid ,, mel makes the club financially healthier than it’s been in years but he’s rubbish get rid ? 

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not really sure of your point, the same can be said about every single club so there's not really much point in saying it.

And to be honest that's not even really what you said. You said there's no evidence of things that Mel has improved, just propaganda from the club.

oh, yeah, fair dos. The point I was trying to make is most of the improvements have no real benefit for fans, we pay to see the team play well. Yes it's too soon to judge, but my other point was that it could easily be undone before we ever see the benefits of it. As for the evidence, again, we know how "creative" people can be with accounting.

2 minutes ago, archied said:

So are you actually acknowledging ALL mels hard work? I’m a bit lost as to what you really are trying to say ,are you saying mel should not bother trying to build a healthy club because somebody else comming in can / will destroy what he’s done? Are you saying there’s no evidence that he’s done anything good and it’s just club propaganda? 

Sorry mate but it’s the same old stuff ,rowett gets us in play offs whilst reducing budget but is rubbish so get rid ,, mel makes the club financially healthier than it’s been in years but he’s rubbish get rid ? 

don't give someone credit for something you cannot see or hasn't happened yet. The seeds are planted yes, but don't get carried away. It could easily come crumbling down.

As for your second paragraph, you have me confused with someone else. It is possible to be content with the situation without having to resort to sycophantic smoke-blowing. These blokes are human, not superheroes or gods ffs.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

oh, yeah, fair dos. The point I was trying to make is most of the improvements have no real benefit for fans, we pay to see the team play well. Yes it's too soon to judge, but my other point was that it could easily be undone before we ever see the benefits of it. As for the evidence, again, we know how "creative" people can be with accounting.

No your probably right ,, mels not to be trusted and even if he is on the level why should he bother it can all be undone by somebody else ,, damm that bloody Lionel building pride park ,,,, what was he thinking ,selfish old bugger

Archived