Does is feel like the last day of 14/15?

Duracell

Does it feel like 14/15’s last day?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling confident about this one but hoping my last few times over there aren’t omens. 14/15 I left before Christmas and we were cruising, last season we were on a run and in 6th when I left and I’ve just returned home today, just saying.

1 minute ago, Stagtime said:

Feeling confident about this one but hoping my last few times over there aren’t omens. 14/15 I left before Christmas and we were cruising, last season we were on a run and in 6th when I left and I’ve just returned home today, just saying.

Good to know we have someone to blame it on if it all goes tits up. ?

I voted and then wrote a few paragraphs on no, this doesn’t feel the same as back then we didn’t have polls on should we sack McClaren if we lose right up until kick off, despite being in the exact same position. 

That topics existence is beyond me, but to see it right up there today is just....well....****.

I stopped to take a look down history lane, back at the match thread from that day, it’s actually more similar than what I recall, pre match at least.

And I’m not quoting these to mock, call out in any way or trigger any I told you so’s. Just simply show the similarities. I was there and had no desire to relive the reactions in writing, this is the first time I’ve actually gone back and read that thread. 

Let’s hope any similarities end as soon as that whistle goes. 

On 25/04/2015 at 20:48, -JW- said:

Never seem to do well against these. Will probably just scrape it, then get humped in the play offs. Hopefully there's no pitch invasion.

On 26/04/2015 at 09:28, TimRam said:

Agere with this. Will get beaten in semi-finals.

On 26/04/2015 at 12:37, Ambitious said:

If we don't win this then it's unlikely we'll make the play-offs.

Big game. I can't imagine how hostile the atmosphere will be if that's the case. 

I don't think there will be any lap of honour, put it that way. 

On 27/04/2015 at 22:00, Leon the ram 2009 said:

Hope so then there will be proof of how **** our defence is, let's just hope we can equal or outscore them, then we can **** ourselves every time we lose the ball in the playoffs :(

On 28/04/2015 at 09:32, Idiakez said:

I'm praying we don't bottle it, again. The fans quite simply HAVE to get behind the team, as we've seen what happens when we start becoming anxious (Forest, Birmingham, Norwich). We need to sing from the first minute to the last, whether we're 1-0 down or 5-0 up. You rams.

On 28/04/2015 at 13:42, roboto said:

Such negativity. Exactly the kind of mindset that isn't needed right now. Even if we draw it won't matter if Wolves and/or Brentford win, unless they smash 16 or 20 goals in without reply. Fill that half empty glass up a little, mate.

We've played well against Reading every time this season so far, and although we slipped up in the FA Cup against them (we would've easily beaten them without Warnock getting sent off IMO), they certainly didn't impress me enough to think they'll beat us again.

On 28/04/2015 at 22:35, Guest TopRam said:

I've been positive or tried to be most of the season but i am with you, do not feel great for this weekend

On 30/04/2015 at 17:54, BondJovi said:

Hope all this negativity doesn't transfer onto the pitch!

On 02/05/2015 at 12:20, mcsilks said:

You simply have to LOL at Derby and McClaren.

On 02/05/2015 at 12:26, mcsilks said:

The buck stops with the manager or have you not learnt that yet?

If Derby fail to finish in the top 6 what would you do...give McClaren a pat on the back and say well done?

He has to be the one held accountable for Derby's woeful, yes woeful form.

On 02/05/2015 at 12:33, mcsilks said:

The majority?

Glittering form?

Half of our wins this season we've played poorly and we've been saying on this forum 'WoW, just imagine when we start playing well!'.

Granted, we have played well in parts but I would not say we've played much glittering football.

And let's face it...it looks like coming to nothing.

Completely different for me. Last time I wasn’t worried as I expected us to walk into the play offs and didn’t even contemplate defeat. This time I’m not worried as my expectations for our chances in the play offs are so low that I honestly wouldn’t be too upset should we lose out. I am looking forward, should we make the play offs. To going into them as rank outsiders, we haven’t handled the favourites tag well, so being underdogs may just relieve the pressure enough to enable us to thrive 

Back then I was always confident that we would pull it out of the bag, right up to the point that Bent missed that penalty, at that very moment it dawned on me that the passion was not there, the ability to beat reading was there but not the desire.

Today I feel quite ambivalent, if we win we win, if we lose we lose, I have very little desire to see us getting hammered week after week next season, would much prefer to see another promotion push and a rebuild, rather than us buy six has beens from this years relegated teams and try to mash up a team for a disaster in the premier league.

If we did do it and get promoted i not trust our club to buy the right players to make it a success and the team we have at present also do not have the desire or the ambition.

all I want is to see my confidence restored, I don’t care what league we are in as long as I feel the players on the pitch are committed and putting in maximum effort in.

so do I feel like i did back then ? No, but I’m bloody glad that Bent isn’t on the pitch !

Wasn’t Reading’s season over by that point? They had nothing to play for and therefore nothing to lose, played that random lad up front who scored the first and I haven’t heard his name since.

Compare that to today and Barnsley are in arguably a more difficult position than us. We know what we need to do to make it impossible for any team to overtake us, just don’t lose. In contrast, for Barnsley to be absolutely certain they have to win, but a draw or even defeat may still be enough. Do they go for it from the start and risk being opened up and having a mountain to climb? Do they sit back and try and keep things tight while keeping one eye on the Burton score and adjust their gameplay accordingly? They’re in a difficult position because the result required for them to stay up could alter dramatically at any moment.

I hope we look to take the initiative against a side who I believe will set up to keep things level for as long as possible, before making their move, or sitting back further in the final 20 depending on other games. If we score early, they have to come out and we can hit them for more. I think the opposition needing a result as much as us will make this a completely different scenario to 3 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Is there a faint possibility both teams play it cagey in the first half for a nil nil ...then plan or not  changes when they get the half time scores from elsewhere ... Not beng a cynic or owt ... lot at stake though 

1 minute ago, bucktwo said:

Is there a faint possibility both teams play it cagey in the first half for a nil nil ...then plan or not  changes when they get the half time scores from elsewhere ... Not beng a cynic or owt ... lot at stake though 

I’d be surprised bucktwo, even if they did, there would still be 45 minutes to play where a lot could change. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t just concentrate on what we can effect which is the job in hand and let whatever happens elsewhere take its course. 

Archived