Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yes it was. Love Costco's party food & stuff - except this, obviously.

You can see bits of grated carrot in it. :p

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

It does have carrot in it. I love it. One of my 5 a day.

yeah, but you can barely notice the carrot.

Carrot is a sweet vegetable anyway.

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Carrot cake. Somebody at work has brought a massive one in today for their birthday.

It's a vegetable. Don't put it in cake. Do you eat sprout biscuits?

Horrible idea.

are you bloody mad, its an unbelievable cake, you fruitcake :cool:

someone made me a red velvet cake with beetroot in it the other day, it was delish...

Didn't want to p*ss all over the happy thread so I'll put this here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/mini-remastered-sixties-icon-reimagined-david-brown-automotive/

£70k for that is bullshit.

The whole point of the Mini was that it was a relatively economical "car of the people".

Typifies where the 60's went wrong. Create a cultural icon, ruin it, then sell back 'the original', sans spirit at a vastly inflated price.

11 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I don't know if I've said before but that Carly Simon song 'You're so vain' annoys me.

'I bet you think this song is about you'. Well it is isn't it? How are they wrong? That's not vanity it's an accurate assessment.

A mate of mine went to a friend's funeral recently. The deceased was what you would describe as dapper. Always smoothing his hair in the mirror; prominently displaying his gold watch, and the like.

At his funeral they played 'You're so vain'. My mate wet himself laughing.

On 8 April 2017 at 08:16, JoetheRam said:

Didn't want to p*ss all over the happy thread so I'll put this here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/mini-remastered-sixties-icon-reimagined-david-brown-automotive/

£70k for that is bullshit.

The whole point of the Mini was that it was a relatively economical "car of the people".

Typifies where the 60's went wrong. Create a cultural icon, ruin it, then sell back 'the original', sans spirit at a vastly inflated price.

Better than the big fat obese German Mini though?

not so much annoys, as saddens.

I get randomly saddened by seeing dead foxes in the road. I don't get so saddened by badgers, but foxes are visibly dogs to me, especially the cubs. There's one on the M42, looks like it's asleep on the central reservation, it's been there weeks and makes me sad every morning.

30 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not so much annoys, as saddens.

I get randomly saddened by seeing dead foxes in the road. I don't get so saddened by badgers, but foxes are visibly dogs to me, especially the cubs. There's one on the M42, looks like it's asleep on the central reservation, it's been there weeks and makes me sad every morning.

Vermin.