Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

27 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I had to renew my passport at the end of last year. I couldn't believe it when I saw how much it was going to cost me. I need to have my passport in date to be legal over here so even holidays in Benidorm aren't an option for me.

How long do you have to be resident for before you can apply for a Spanish passport, do you know?

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

How long do you have to be resident for before you can apply for a Spanish passport, do you know?

To be honest I've got no idea. My wife is Spanish so presumably I could/can apply any time I like. Up until now there has been no apparent advantage in applying for one. What I don't know is if Brexit can have any drawbacks in my case i.e. living over here.

19 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

This might have been mentioned but the fact there is a right and wrong way to plug in a USB.  Why?

Is there a right or a wrong way? Or do you mean that it will only enter in the port in one particular way? Not nit picking, just unsure if I'm doing it wrong without knowing?

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

This might have been mentioned but the fact there is a right and wrong way to plug in a USB.  Why?

Because it's a hard-wired electronic device. If you wanted to develop a flash drive that fitted either way, you would have to double the amount of circuitry - and therefore double the complexity.

49 minutes ago, eddie said:

Because it's a hard-wired electronic device. If you wanted to develop a flash drive that fitted either way, you would have to double the amount of circuitry - and therefore double the complexity.

the next gen of usb's will be able to fit either way, but thats likely to mean different ports on your pc/laptop i would imagine so for millions of people it will mean adapters or continue buying existing usb's until they replace their hardware.

Estate agents saying "per calendar month" on Homes under the Hammer. Just say month. We understand. 

Winds me up.

Homes under the Hammer. Only associate it with being ill because that's the only time I watch it. Constant recaps & the show could be cut down by a quarter by removing them. 

20 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Not being acknowledged when I've stopped at a zebra crossing to let someone across. Just a nod of the head would suffice, not asking for a tip or anything.

I think this is an etiquette thing. Because drivers are expected to stop at a zebra crossing then people just automatically cross without realising it's even socially positive to acknowledge.

Unlike if you were just kindly flashing to let someone cross at some random point on a road under no obligation to do so in which case acknowledgment IMO is essential in order to keep my faith in human nature.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Not being acknowledged when I've stopped at a zebra crossing to let someone across. Just a nod of the head would suffice, not asking for a tip or anything.

People annoy me when they hang around at zebra crossings chatting so you stop, then they look at you as if to say what have you stopped for.....