Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sorry if this gripe has already been made. Driving along a dual carriageway and a truck in front pulled out to overtake another lorry then took between 2 and 3 miles to complete the manoeuvre. At that rate he was probably travelling at 1mph faster - idiots like that need ducking in the nearest pond (for a minimum of 10 minutes)

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

people who stand really close to me at the urinals when im trying to take a pee :)

Badly signed toilets... as to whether mens/womens, probably done by the hipster landord who has got 'doods' and 'dolls' on two tiny beige signs on light brown doors......

..... As you walk in and do the rapid mental sweep, clock no urinals and suddenly become aware that the conversation by the mirror has stopped. All in a split second, time slows down like in the Matrix films.

Then you run away. (Well I do).

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Sorry if this gripe has already been made. Driving along a dual carriageway and a truck in front pulled out to overtake another lorry then took between 2 and 3 miles to complete the manoeuvre. At that rate he was probably travelling at 1mph faster - idiots like that need ducking in the nearest pond (for a minimum of 10 minutes)

I regularly have this argument with my brother (a lorry driver). of course with me being a BMW driver, he was naturally full of sympathy for my plight.

I get it that lorries are limited to 56mph and so can't vary their speed much upwards but surely all it would take is for the lorry being overtaken to ease off 2mph or so, just for the time it takes to to let them past.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Must be more like 0.1mph because normal walking pace is c. 3mph and I can walk past a parked artic in 10-15 seconds. So by my maths a 3mph increase in speed should pass it in 15 seconds, 1mph would be 45 seconds - but you can be onto a second song on the radio before he's finished his manoeuvre. 

14 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

It's banned on dual carriageways in Europe....

http://notesfromthedrivingseat.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/on-why-lorry-drivers-overtake-each.html

16 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Its annoying yes, no more than someone tootling along in a car in the middle lane, or sitting in the outside line because they are going marginally faster than a car in the middle lane which is 200 yards ahead of them still.

Drove to Derby Tuesday night from oop north and wasn't surprised to find myself on a very wide 4 lane motorway (m1) and in the outside lane barely touching 60 odd mph.

If they widened it further then to say 10 lanes then it would only encourage these boneheads to fan out across all 10 lanes with the car in the 10th lane doing 60.

If you want to drive slowly, observe the scenery or listen attentively to your mindfulness CD then absolutely no issue with that.

JUST DO IT IN THE INSIDE LANE!!

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Interesting blog. Not sure I really believe it though. I know a long distance lorry driver and he openly admits that they do it because driving long distance is incredibly boring and annoying car drivers in this manner is one of their small pleasures*

*presumably along with murdering prostitutes

when people are far too far in front of you to justifiably hold the door open, but do so anyway, obliging you to up the pace.

The acceptable formula for holding the door open is:-

(time it would take the door shut) + (door being shut < 2 seconds) < (time it would take person behind to reach door) + (2 seconds) = HOLD THE DOOR

56 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

or someone else's music on the train.

When you can clearly hear someone else's music through their headphones, I like to catch their eye and then start clapping along with it in perfect time, smiling all the while. You'd be surprised how quickly they turn it down and then never look at you again the whole journey

7 hours ago, StivePesley said:

When you can clearly hear someone else's music through their headphones, I like to catch their eye and then start clapping along with it in perfect time, smiling all the while. You'd be surprised how quickly they turn it down and then never look at you again the whole journey

It might be that you look like a piece of purple cheese.. Maybe? I would find that odd to be fair.

:D

7 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I'd turn it up, seeing as you're obviously enjoying it so much.

back on the driving theme, and this happens a lot to me.

When you're hurtling down the motorway, slightly above the speed limit, but in the overtaking lanes, and you see someone absolutely hammering it up towards your arse-end, so you politely move out of the way, slowing down as a result, but still gaining on the car that's now in front  of you in the middle lane, but the car that was doing 120mph to get up your arse end, for some reason, decides not to overtake you at the same speed he/she approached, almost forcing you into either a harsh brake or sweeping swerve back into the outside lane to avoid rear-ending the middle-lane hog.