Outgoing Prices

DCFC1388

I see a lot of people thinking we may need to sell Vydra this summer to fund any incomings but I believe we can get a fair amount of money from other players to cover incomings. The below is a list of players with 1 year left on their deal or out of favour. Also add into that the savings on the likes of Bent's, Shackell's + Baird's wages.

How much do people realistically think we could get for the below? Does show how much we overpaid but also time to cut our losses on a lot.

Craig Bryson - £750k

Andreas Weimann - £1.5m

Jacob Butterfield - £1.25m

Bradley Johnson - £2m

Nick Blackman - £1m

Marcus Olsson - £500k

David Nugent - £400k

Curtis Davies - New contract

Tom Huddlestone - New contract

Alex Pearce - £500k

Joe Ledley - New contract

Cameron Jerome - Won't sell or offer new deal

Ikechi Anya - £1m

Chris Martin - £2.5m

Richard Keogh - £2.5m

Total - £13.9m

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The price tag is immaterial, nobody is going to offer any of those players more money than they are on here, and unless players are desperate to play, they won't take a pay cut to play elsewhere.

We'll spend the whole summer trying to sell them and end up loaning them out at the end of the transfer window, still paying a portion of their wages.

11 minutes ago, curb said:

The price tag is immaterial, nobody is going to offer any of those players more money than they are on here, and unless players are desperate to play, they won't take a pay cut to play elsewhere.

We'll spend the whole summer trying to sell them and end up loaning them out at the end of the transfer window, still paying a portion of their wages.

You say this but with teams like WBA + Stoke likely to be relegated I could see them looking at players like Weimann, Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh, Martin and I can also see them being able to offer a similar wage to what they are currently on.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

You say this but with teams like WBA + Stoke likely to be relegated I could see them looking at players like Weimann, Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh, Martin and I can also see them being able to offer a similar wage to what they are currently on.

No chance, we couldn't give them away.

The only one on that list that is sellable is possibly Keogh, and then it would be a token fee.

18 minutes ago, curb said:

Yeah I tend to agree, any outgoings will be minimal and regardless who the manager is next season the vast majority of players will be the same.

Gonna be a 2-3 year rebuild now :mellow:

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I see a lot of people thinking we may need to sell Vydra this summer to fund any incomings but I believe we can get a fair amount of money from other players to cover incomings. The below is a list of players with 1 year left on their deal or out of favour. Also add into that the savings on the likes of Bent's, Shackell's + Baird's wages.

How much do people realistically think we could get for the below? Does show how much we overpaid but also time to cut our losses on a lot.

Craig Bryson - £750k

Andreas Weimann - £1.5m

Bradley Johnson - £2m

Nick Blackman - £1m

Marcus Olsson - £500k

David Nugent - £400k

Alex Pearce - £500k

Ikechi Anya - £1m

Chris Martin - £2.5m

Richard Keogh - £2.5m

Total - £13.9m

Cloud cookoo land. If people were going to offer that sort of money they would have been offloaded in Jan. we are stuck with our deadwood until (1) the contract expires (2) we loan out and pay most of the wages (3) more likely than not we offer them a New contract 

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Cloud cookoo land. If people were going to offer that sort of money they would have been offloaded in Jan. we are stuck with our deadwood until (1) the contract expires (2) we loan out and pay most of the wages (3) more likely than not we offer them a New contract 

You know it's sad but true...

Even if we did get £14m for the 11 players you mentioned, we’d have to probably get in 8 replacements at a minimum.

That means £14m over 8 players which would get us about 8 Cameron Jerome standard players :huh:

In today’s world, £14m can probably get you 3 good players at a push!

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Craig Bryson - £750k

Andreas Weimann - £1.5m

Bradley Johnson - £2m

Nick Blackman - £1m

Marcus Olsson - £500k

David Nugent - £400k

Alex Pearce - £500k

Ikechi Anya - £1m

Chris Martin - £2.5m

Richard Keogh - £2.5m

Total - £13.9m

Ledley new contract ?

About £9m for those listed above.

It's far easier to shift players in summer - longer window and more moves in general to free up opportunity for replacements.  Priced low enough most would be sold relatively easily, there are some championship sides with huge budgets who would take players as rotation.  Of course it may also require some form of settlement from us for others to accept lower terms.

Carson - Easy £2m given his form but hope we hold on 

Forsyth - Despite his ropey form this season a fair few would shell out something like £300k

Keogh - £2m+ bidding war between some surprising teams

Anya - hard to move on for a fee but surely no shortage of takers if available on a free/nominal.  One to give away to free up wages

Lawrence - Drop the price to £3m and someone would bite

Baird - Free agent anyway but should get a move to a lower league club

Wisdom - £1m would be a decent gamble for some

Johnson - We'd struggle to shift him, best we could hope for is a team like Norwich he has an affinity for wanting him - £500k and they'd be doing us a favour

Pearce - £500k, no lack of suitors

Weimann - not done himself any harm by playing, probably a few looking if he were around the £1m mark

Roos - Nominal at best but I imagine quite a few options

Vydra - This really is the difficult one, pull a number out of the air, £12-15m? and takers in this division if not above

Hanson - £100-250k to Wigan or somewhere

Nugent - Like Johnson it would really help if someone like PNE wanted him, for a proven scorer I'd say a few teams might thrown £300k at us

Olsson - £300k again, there are plenty of championship sides he'd get in, and if cheap enough would attract

Jerome - doubt we'll find anyone daft enough to refund us, £500k tops

Davies - didn't pay much for him, don't expect much for him but teams would take him at a nominal price

Thorne - Hmmm, maybe £500k? People will remember what he was and see a fair gamble/potential bargain

Mitchell - £250k, proved nothing but seems to have a reasonable reputation

Ledley - £500k, experienced player will always find a club

Huddlestone - £1m, a few would add him at that

Thomas £1m, young English prospect

Bryson £500k, Cardiff will make it permanent

Shackell, out of contract thank god

Martin, can see someone paying £2m if they are looking for a striker as main target

Bent, free agent

Butterfield £250k, can't see Wednesday wanting him at more than that

Bennett £150k, not made much impact this year

Blackman £750k-1m after a reasonable season in Israel

Lowe £500k now but worth more in the long term

Max Bird should have a reasonable £500k price for potential

Jakobson, Stabana, McDonald, McAllister, Guy, Gordon, Elsnik, Vernam, Zanzala and other youth products anything from nominal to £250k depending how we feel about them.

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

It's far easier to shift players in summer - longer window and more moves in general to free up opportunity for replacements.  Priced low enough most would be sold relatively easily, there are some championship sides with huge budgets who would take players as rotation.  Of course it may also require some form of settlement from us for others to accept lower terms.

Forsyth - Despite his ropey form this season a fair few would shell out something like £300k

Anya - hard to move on for a fee but surely no shortage of takers if available on a free/nominal.  One to give away to free up wages

Johnson - We'd struggle to shift him, best we could hope for is a team like Norwich he has an affinity for wanting him - £500k and they'd be doing us a favour

Weimann - not done himself any harm by playing, probably a few looking if he were around the £1m mark

Vydra - This really is the difficult one, pull a number out of the air, £12-15m? and takers in this division if not above

Nugent - Like Johnson it would really help if someone like PNE wanted him, for a proven scorer I'd say a few teams might thrown £300k at us

Olsson - £300k again, there are plenty of championship sides he'd get in, and if cheap enough would attract

Davies - didn't pay much for him, don't expect much for him but teams would take him at a nominal price

Thorne - Hmmm, maybe £500k? People will remember what he was and see a fair gamble/potential bargain

Martin, can see someone paying £2m if they are looking for a striker as main target

Bent, free agent

Jakobson, Stabana, McDonald, McAllister, Guy, Gordon, Elsnik, Vernam, Zanzala and other youth products anything from nominal to £250k depending how we feel about them.

Who would we play? The tea lady?

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

Even if we did get £14m for the 11 players you mentioned, we’d have to probably get in 8 replacements at a minimum.

That means £14m over 8 players which would get us about 8 Cameron Jerome standard players :huh:

In today’s world, £14m can probably get you 3 good players at a push!

Or 2 crap ones if your Derby 

39 minutes ago, Rample said:

Bent, free agent

Yes when you look at the reality, in terms of numbers, it's all very disappointing. He may be partly to blame (with good intentions), but think How Mel feels. 

12 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Craig Bryson - 500k

Andreas Weimann - £2m

Jacob Butterfield - 250k

Bradley Johnson - £1.5m

Nick Blackman - 500k

Marcus Olsson - £500k

David Nugent - 750k

Curtis Davies - 3m

Tom Huddlestone - 5m

Alex Pearce - 250k

Joe Ledley - 2m

Cameron Jerome - 500k

Ikechi Anya - £1m

Chris Martin - £5m

Richard Keogh - £4m

Total - 26.75m

That would be imo would you would get for that list of players, tho there’s quite a few on there that I wouldn’t sell at all naturally. Shows how much money clement threw down the drain, and actually tbf, how reasonable some of last summers signings were.

Realistically outgoing prices will be determined by how much interest there is in X player, and if X player is part of Rowett’s plans.

Don't ever look at X player and say he moved to X, so must be worth X. Will only lead to disappointment.

So hard to value as a fan, really is, I’ve given up now and accepted that the fee they leave for is what they were worth at the time.

Clubs wouldn’t take the lowest bid, unless I guess it’s a rival club and a slightly lower bid is still acceptable.

But in general they will take the most money they can get.

Almost like a big game of Poker. 

21 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cloud cuckoo land. Some fans on here see Weimann as a good player ( cos gary likes his headless chicken running). He's made a few good passes, scored the odd goal but what club would want to sign a player with such poor end product? and the rest you mention  ????

Archived