Outgoing Prices

DCFC1388

8 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Cloud cuckoo land. Some fans on here see Weimann as a good player ( cos gary likes his headless chicken running). He's made a few good passes, scored the odd goal but what club would want to sign a player with such poor end product? and the rest you mention  ????

Show some highlights a few goals here and there and say he is fast and someone like us will buy him! But he at least is probably worth more at this point than he was eighteen months ago

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A harsh reality of our transfers seem to be that players like Davies and Huddlestone and ledley who have all had real actual time playing in the premiership have cost little in transfer fees and performed well for us but then if you compare them to Butterfield johnson Anya Blackman who cost us an absolute fortune in transfer fees and very high wages have never really actually played at a higher level than the championship ( even when contracted at a premiership club) so expecting anything more than an average season from them was rather optimistic so getting much back from them would also be rather optimistic and unrealistic 

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Show some highlights a few goals here and there and say he is fast and someone like us will buy him! But he at least is probably worth more at this point than he was eighteen months ago

What makes you think Rowett wants to sell Wiemann? He's been first name on the team sheet since January, though god knows why. 

On 18/04/2018 at 09:43, DCFC1388 said:

You say this but with teams like WBA + Stoke likely to be relegated I could see them looking at players like Weimann, Butterfield, Johnson, Keogh, Martin and I can also see them being able to offer a similar wage to what they are currently on.

So you think teams that expect to be promoted next season are going to buy the players from a side that they deemed not good enough from a team that has so far failed to get promoted? Not going to happen.

22 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

That would be imo would you would get for that list of players, tho there’s quite a few on there that I wouldn’t sell at all naturally. Shows how much money clement threw down the drain, and actually tbf, how reasonable some of last summers signings were.

You have quoted some crazy prices!

Curtis Davies - £3m (He has been great but nobody will pay that for a 33 year old who will be 34 next season)

Tom Huddlestone - £5m (I hope this one is sarcasm!)

Chris Martin - £5m (He has been dire for Reading, ruined his reputation at Fulham with his sulking and all teams know we want rid of him so we would be lucky and should be grateful if we got £2 mil for him)

Richard Keogh - £4m ( probably one of the easiest to sell but again for about £2m. He signed a new contract a couple of months ago. Will be hard to find a team matching that too.)

So regarding those four we will definitely not get  £17 million for them. We would be lucky if someone took Martin on loan and paid his wages and got rid of Keogh for £2 million.

5 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

You have quoted some crazy prices!

Curtis Davies - £3m (He has been great but nobody will pay that for a 33 year old who will be 34 next season)

Tom Huddlestone - £5m (I hope this one is sarcasm!)

Chris Martin - £5m (He has been dire for Reading, ruined his reputation at Fulham with his sulking and all teams know we want rid of him so we would be lucky and should be grateful if we got £2 mil for him)

Richard Keogh - £4m ( probably one of the easiest to sell but again for about £2m. He signed a new contract a couple of months ago. Will be hard to find a team matching that too.)

So regarding those four we will definitely not get  £17 million for them. We would be lucky if someone took Martin on loan and paid his wages and got rid of Keogh for £2 million.

Think people underestimate the transfer market I really do... Davies is perhaps too High but we paid that for Shackell and he wasn’t that much younger and nowhere near as good.. certainly worth more than a million. Huddlestone is the best passer outside the prem. No competition now neves has gone up. Not that old either for a player of his style, I’d be devastated if we sold him for less than that, not that anyone would pay that much but why would we sell? If we sold Martin for 2 mil I’d be bloody fuming! With the goals he’s scored he’s gotta be worth more than Cameron Jerome Christ, fear we might sell him for a low fee though which would be infruriating! Keogh again has to be worth at least three million, he’s a top quality ball playing centre half at this level, they never come cheap.

I think you’ll find players are worth a lot more these days in the championship than you think. Think we as a club have failed to realise that with some of our sales like Hughes last year, and indeed the other way, refusing to pay higher prices for players who in this crazy market are worth the fees touted about. Not convinced Rowett really understands the market, it’s one of the reasons I advocated a separate chief recruiter.

Using Transfermkt.com and purely out of curiosity before anyone starts ranting about the values applied, the list looks like the following:

Craig Bryson - £1.5M

Andreas Weimann - £2.5M

Jacob Butterfield - £3Mk

Bradley Johnson - £4M

Nick Blackman - £2M

Marcus Olsson - £500k

David Nugent - £2.5M

Curtis Davies - £2.5M

Tom Huddlestone - £3.5M

Alex Pearce - £1M

Joe Ledley - £3.5M

Cameron Jerome - £2M

Ikechi Anya - £2.5

Chris Martin - £3.5m

Richard Keogh - £2.5M

Tom Lawrence - £5M

Craig Forsyth - £750K

George Thorne - £2M

Jamie Hanson - £250K

One point I would make is that if we assess the values of our own players in a fairly brutal manner, we ought to apply the same metrics to players at other clubs. Let's bear in mind also that we picked up Curtis for £500k and when Martin came here he did so on a free so there are potential bargains out there if our recruitment folk can pull their fingers out and identify them then get deals done. There's a deal of dead wood that we won't shift until 2019 but it's not the scene of desolation that some folk would have us believe. This is a squad that has challenged for the play offs and so while recent form has been pretty dire, there's obviously some talented players on the list too. It's not all doom and gloom folks :thumbsup:

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 09:24, DCFC1388 said:

I see a lot of people thinking we may need to sell Vydra this summer to fund any incomings but I believe we can get a fair amount of money from other players to cover incomings. The below is a list of players with 1 year left on their deal or out of favour. Also add into that the savings on the likes of Bent's, Shackell's + Baird's wages.

How much do people realistically think we could get for the below? Does show how much we overpaid but also time to cut our losses on a lot.

Craig Bryson - £750k

Andreas Weimann - £1.5m

Jacob Butterfield - £1.25m

Bradley Johnson - £2m

Nick Blackman - £1m

Marcus Olsson - £500k

David Nugent - £400k

Curtis Davies - New contract

Tom Huddlestone - New contract

Alex Pearce - £500k

Joe Ledley - New contract

Cameron Jerome - Won't sell or offer new deal

Ikechi Anya - £1m

Chris Martin - £2.5m

Richard Keogh - £2.5m

Total - £13.9m

You've got some players and figures there that would result in hefty book losses - the dreaded FFP won't allow it, unless you can match off with book profits, then we've at least cut the wage bill.

3 hours ago, ramblur said:

You've got some players and figures there that would result in hefty book losses - the dreaded FFP won't allow it, unless you can match off with book profits, then we've at least cut the wage bill.

Martin and Keogh would be the biggest, at a guess, given their relatively new contracts

Archived