Rowett is staying so...

sage

25 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I can understand why folk are interpreting this as Rowett's position being cemented but I'm not certain that's actually the case.

That’s how I’m reading it too. It feels more like a gesture to stave off criticism in the short term, rather than a concrete plan for the future. I’m still expecting him to be gone at the end of the season. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

How would you feel if the club selected a fan at random to be part of the Monday review show, would that be better, and maybe give a more rounded and impartial view of the previous weeks events?

Personally, not for me. Partly for the reasons stated above, also maybe because of my own skepticisms of the reasoning for it. I’m sure others wouldn’t mind at all and I don’t think I’m right and they are wrong necessarily, just personally think I would always question the motives on something like that.

Like I say, I don’t think RamsTV is a bad thing per se, if the demand is there then they should go for it even if people like me are skeptical. I just want to be sure there’s a critical voice which is separate to the club which I feel isn’t currently there. It’s not really our job as fans to be getting our views from something that is being supported by the club and we should be seperate in my view

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Thats one of the reasons I value the independence of this site,everyone has an opinion but no-one has to stay on message with the club's wishes....that's never healthy for a forum.

Aye, I’ve really enjoyed reading the various threads on here the past few days because most criticisms have been constructive and most of the time thought ‘oh I’ve not thought of it that way’ and that’s from both sides of the fence. Also it’s shown that there has been long term reservations that people have been waiting to get out which reflects on the current predicament somewhat.

Sometimes, as long as it’s constructive, a bit of criticism is fine and actually healthy. If not we will just keep grinning every time we hit a brick wall!

30 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

How would you feel if the club selected a fan at random to be part of the Monday review show, would that be better, and maybe give a more rounded and impartial view of the previous weeks events?

It's all getting a 'bit Hollywood' init? If only we had the football to match our ground/training facilities/TV channel! 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's all getting a 'bit Hollywood' init? If only we had the football to match our ground/training facilities/TV channel! 

Yes, wouldn't mind the 'bells and whistles' if preceded by  good successful football on the pitch. 

2 hours ago, curb said:

By 'next year', if he means next season, then I think he will be here at the start of next season, but if we start next season like we've finished this one, then he'll be gone by November. 

So if by 'next year' the OP means next calendar year, then no, I would think we'll be on to the next one. 

I meant next season

44 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Thats one of the reasons I value the independence of this site,everyone has an opinion but no-one has to stay on message with the club's wishes....that's never healthy for a forum.

DCFC Fans is an unofficial fans forum. Derby County Football Club contributes towards covering the costs of operating this forum through the promotion of products or services provided by the Club or their preferred partners.

Not sure how independent the forum can be when this is displayed on the home page.

To be fair, I haven't noticed any change to the forum or the way it's moderated since this statement has been present, and the site owner of course has the right to be recompensed for his awesomeness, but independent it's not.

Gary staying, so let's all get behind him, and show him what great supporters we are, next season will be the season to judge Gary on, not this, he has another window in the summer, and believe me, he will get rid of the players who do not want to give there all for this club, most clubs in this division would love Gary to be there manager, so let's get behind our team, we have had much worse than Gary as manager I will name a few since I have supported the Rams, Tom Doc, Newman, Addison, Jewell, Gregory, Todd, Pearson and in many people eyes Nigel Clough, we have been a championship club now for the LAST 10 YEARS, so all managers before Gary has failed, I have a feeling given the right support Gary will take us back to the premiership, something Mac never did.

It's simple. Get rid of the crap and replace them with someone better.

DCFC need a plan, a business model to move forward for both the first team squad and academy. 

If we keep buying over 30's with no sell on value it's money down the drain. We just shouldn't be doing it, simple as that. You keep your best older players and get rid of those not good enough. 

You buy or promote young players with potential for their value to increase. How many people were saying buy Ollie Watkins for the last 2 years yet no, we spend double elsewhere and now Watkins must be worth 3-4 times what he was bought for.

Mels remit this season was to increase the value of the playing staff yet apart from Vydra I doubt anyone has increased. When the average age of your team is 29 you know your in trouble, and we are in trouble as it's all money down the toilet.

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gary's not done it this season either.

Gary got us to 2nd , nobody expected us to get anywhere near the playoffs this season, I bet you actually believe you could do a better job LOL. Gary will get us there in the end, who would you have as manager to get us promoted, and No you can not give yourself the job. LOL.

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

That’s how I’m reading it too. It feels more like a gesture to stave off criticism in the short term, rather than a concrete plan for the future. I’m still expecting him to be gone at the end of the season. 

Not sure. Don't think Mel is either. A drumming from Boro might be the writing on the wall, I guess.

Errr Gary did. LOL. Gotta laugh. LOL.

Errr Gary did. LOL. Gotta laugh. LOL.

And next year Gary will get us to stay there, give him another window, i am that confident, if we do not go up next year i will leave this forum to near return, but if we do go up , with Gary as manager , then you will leave to near return. 

11 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Gary got us to 2nd , nobody expected us to get anywhere near the playoffs this season, I bet you actually believe you could do a better job LOL. Gary will get us there in the end, who would you have as manager to get us promoted, and No you can not give yourself the job. LOL.

Unfortunately the ‘he got us to 2nd’ isn’t the whole story though. Much like ‘Rowett out’ isn’t the whole story on the other. I mean there’s been four days of this debate for you to gather these missing bits of info!

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

And next year Gary will get us to stay there, give him another window, i am that confident, if we do not go up next year i will leave this forum to near return, but if we do go up , with Gary as manager , then you will leave to near return. 

Don't go mate, we'll miss you! :D

23 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not sure. Don't think Mel is either. A drumming from Boro might be the writing on the wall, I guess.

Well it might. I'm hoping Curtis has a few friendly chats 1-1 with some of his teammates - maybe against a wall. You know, just to remind them to pull together. 

He certainly seems to have taken the recent debacles more personally than Gary. 

Archived