Rowett is staying so...

sage

4 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I think our aims this season changed after the summer window. I don't think Rowett got the overhaul that he wanted, which in turn led to the decision to loan out numerous of the under 23s as our squad was too big. Instead of being a transition season, it became a half hearted effort from January onwards due to our good position. I believe the pressure to get promoted has proved too much for both the manager and the squad this season. I also believe Rowett has tried to do too much, too big a machine for him to manage without more support.

What we need for next season is that youthful energy, that lack of fear. Players playing who have something to prove, a desire to better themselves with the club. Too much of our current squad is playing at their level, coasting along. We certainly need to get more out of Lawrence. Rowett needs to adapt his style to achieve that. There were signs pre-Christmas that there was a style which could work. So it isn't all a nightmare.

I can't for one moment think that Mel and Rowett will sit down at the end of season and be proud of it. The last few games of this season and the first few transfers in/out will be very telling. I would keep Vydra but I understand why he may need to go. Carson and Davies are the blocks to build around, all the experience you need is there. After that...

That is as positive as I can be.

Absolutely spot on.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird thing is that we could still actually get promoted this season.  Given some of the footballing dross we've witnessed this season that would be nothing short of surreal.

Logically given his new contract and most fans less than lofty expectations at the start of the season if we manage to squeak into the play-offs, then really i can't see Mel sacking him.  I sense that MM, after all his prior managerial chopping and changing, saw Rowett as a long term appointment.

But for that long term future of Derby County I really hope Rowett does get the sack.  Not that i trust Mel to choose wisely next time round, given the bizarre succession of managers he choose before, each one seemingly chosen to provide maximum disruption in terms of playing style.  But at the moment i really can't stand the prospect of any more of Rowett's football, so the thought of Mel's random stab in the dark at choosing the next manager is a more palatable than Rowett staying.  A horrible place for any fan of a football club to be, but there it is.

9 hours ago, sage said:

It is now obvious with the announcement of his friend as head of recruitment, that Rowett will be in charge next year.

You may not agree with that but it appears to be the case. 

It also seems likely that Rowett will want to play a similar style of football to the one he has employed so far at Derby and Brum. Again that may not appeal to everyone but seems likely.

On that basis, how do people feel that Rowett can improve the team/squad to get the best results within that style and within the FFP budget?

a bad string of results, and a losee to non league burton shouldnt be the reason for the club to throw their strategy out of the window.

If he was the future when we were 2nd, and stoke were after him.. then he is still the future now.

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

DCFC Fans is an unofficial fans forum. Derby County Football Club contributes towards covering the costs of operating this forum through the promotion of products or services provided by the Club or their preferred partners.

Not sure how independent the forum can be when this is displayed on the home page.

To be fair, I haven't noticed any change to the forum or the way it's moderated since this statement has been present, and the site owner of course has the right to be recompensed for his awesomeness, but independent it's not.

It hasn't changed Revel, the forum is still fully independent which I have full control over. 

The club are assisting us with advertising, simply replacing Google helping us to remain online, that is all. I quite openly posted this a couple of months ago which was met with positive reactions.

Results have taken a turn for a worse since then so I guess everything is being questioned now, but I'm quite happy to clear things up.

I am not a club employee, on the payroll or under any obligation to post positive comments on the club. My opinions on this forum are those of my own as they always have been since 2009. I would like to think that over the 9 years of running this forum I will have earned the respect to continue to post my opinions without it's positivity being accused of being paid for.

That's not to say you can not disagree and debate with me, the whole reason I started this forum was for that very purpose, and to do so on a platform where it was done so without personal attacks.

As you have noticed there has been no change to the forum or the way it's been moderated. Our terms of use have also not changed, this line: 

- Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Was in the guidelines long before the recent advertising changes which came in early this year. If posts are removed which many have since Saturday it will be due to this rule.

I could list the many topics since Saturday which have been highly critical of the club to show that we don't remove/edit content to filter out any opinions.

All we ask is that those opinions are put forward in a respectful manner as we always have.

Just get rid of anyone who wants to get the  ball down and play  or retain it then  get a few players in who can run but kick it long and get behind the ball and let the opposition have it....should sort it ??

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

Just get rid of anyone who wants to get the  ball down and play  or retain it then  get a few players in who can run but kick it long and get behind the ball and let the opposition have it....should sort it ??

Very cynical mate 

1 minute ago, Saity said:

I know mate but I’ve personally had enough of this crap football but I know you think differently 

You see your avatar he was my favourite al time player ever ever. .

Try to tell me I don’t like good football .

PS   Is Lawrence a hoof ball man no he isn’t which contradicts your argument on the post in which 

i said thats cynical mate .

Rowetts idea is to get the ball forward quicker and into the danger areas quicker not hoof ball .

Sometimes when the players try to pass it around you can hear the crowd at Pride Park getting impatient 

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Sometimes when the ball is knocked aimlessly into the channels, or out of play, you can hear the crowd getting impatient too.

The ones who have stayed awake, anyway.

Gerrrit forward ,

Gerrit forward 

Ever heard that one .

booooo or that one 

useless   Ever heard that one 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You see your avatar he was my favourite al time player ever ever. .

Try to tell me I don’t like good football .

PS   Is Lawrence a hoof ball man no he isn’t which contradicts your argument on the post in which 

i said thats cynical mate .

Rowetts idea is to get the ball forward quicker and into the danger areas quicker not hoof ball .

Sometimes when the players try to pass it around you can hear the crowd at Pride Park getting impatient 

That’s not the whole story though is it ?? No Lawrence is not hoofball but I don’t think our style suits him either 

whatever anyone says I speak as I find and this season I have found the football ( whichever style anyone wants to call it ) turgid and difficult to watch against teams that are struggling ...I don’t have to back my opinion up with anything other than the fact I really don’t enjoy watching us surrender to teams like Wolves and get turned over by teams like burton and Sunderland who are two of the worse teams in the division .

im a fighter Curtains, always have been and always fight for everything until I can do no more ...against wolves we were pathetic  and rolled over ....I never want to see a Derby County team do that !! Ever!!

6 minutes ago, Saity said:

That’s not the whole story though is it ?? No Lawrence is not hoofball but I don’t think our style suits him either 

whatever anyone says I speak as I find and this season I have found the football ( whichever style anyone wants to call it ) turgid and difficult to watch against teams that are struggling ...I don’t have to back my opinion up with anything other than the fact I really don’t enjoy watching us surrender to teams like Wolves and get turned over by teams like burton and Sunderland who are two of the worse teams in the division .

im a fighter Curtains, always have been and always fight for everything until I can do no more ...against wolves we were pathetic  and rolled over ....I never want to see a Derby County team do that !! Ever!!

I agree against Wolves we were poor and Burton .

You quote Mac1 

How did you think we played in the playoff final against an old poor QPR side. 

At the start of the season I expected a top 10 finish pushing for play off's. The expectations obviously grew when we were in the automatics and then of course this has come crashing down. The Sunderland and Burton results are worrying. But I think the team was in a false position. I remember thinking even in the home game against Hull when we won 5-0 we rode our luck a bit, they should've scored 2 easy goals in the first half.  If you look at Bristol and Sheffield U they have had a similar season to us, at one stage flying then a real bad string of results and now an outsiders chance of playoff's. Had we not of been in 2nd place, I think the majority of the fans would be happy where we currently are. 

Next season, really depends on the outgoings and a clear out would be good, but I don't see us being able to move on many players, they are ageing and on high wages, if we do, it will be for nout. 

But priorities for me would be a new LB keeping one of Forsyth and Olsson as cover, if Lowe goes out on loan again.

New CM - has to be energetic, I would also give Elsnik a go. This is based on butterfield, bryson and maybe one of Thorne or Johnson go too (unlikely)   

ST - Nugent & Jerome haven't scored enough, not entirely their fault. Jerome joined when results started to go sour, not easy to come into a side when we are playing so badly, however, he hasn't looked good at all. Hopefully Winnall will sign.

Winger - 2 new wingers especially a left footed one is vital. 

Rowett deserves at least another transfer window, I don't see next season being much different, I think it will be difficult to change the squad. 

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Gerrrit forward ,

Gerrit forward 

Ever heard that one .

booooo or that one 

useless   Ever heard that one 

No I haven't. 

I don't sit close enough to the dugout to hear Gary's instructions.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

I agree against Wolves we were poor and Burton .

You quote Mac1 

How did you think we played in the playoff final against an old poor QPR side. 

When I was there I thought we dominated the game and played much better football than a side who started the season as one of the faves to go up ...when they lost Mac they lost there way a bit and ended up in the play offs instead of autos 

When I watched the game ( painfully!! ) again which I recorded I don’t think we asked enough questions but the old heads for QPR hung in there and one mistake cost us ...there a fine lines between success and failure at a higher level and if Russell hadn’t been brought down I think he might’ve scored and made QPR come out and I think we would’ve one by 2 or 3

i like most was gutted but proud of us on the day thinking that we were more prepared to survive in the PL than QPR were with too many old players.

With a few astute signings would’ve been ok in my eyes but the rest is history ....but like many of my mates in London I enjoyed watching us and even they admitted we tried and mostly played good to watch football but tweaks were needed ...it never happened and we never improved on Cloughs team with a few solid loans that Mac got in ...Mac is a great coach but not a manager in my book ...

Archived