Rowett is staying so...

sage

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, curtains said:

I agree against Wolves we were poor and Burton .

You quote Mac1 

How did you think we played in the playoff final against an old poor QPR side. 

I think we were out thought. It happens. The next season would have been able to sort that out.

Oh and it was Mac, Simmo and Steele.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think we were out thought. It happens. The next season would have been able to sort that out.

Oh and it was Mac, Simmo and Steele.

Couldn’t shoot for toffee and also that Will Hughes dive was a bit pathetic right. 

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK and the point you were making was what?

Mac1 ballsed it up. 

Derby

1Grant

33Wisdom

6Keogh

25Buxton

3Forsyth

8Hendrick

34Thorne

19HughesSubstituted forBrysonat 68'minutes

11RussellSubstituted forDawkinsat 67'minutes

9Martin

10WardSubstituted forBamfordat 90+2'minutes

Substitutes

4Bryson

14Eustace

18Sammon

26Legzdins

27Whitbread

32Dawkins

35Bamford

QPR

Use the loan market properly. No one has since Steve Mac in his first spell. Need more pace and power in the team. Not Weimann pace who looks like Bambi on ice, 4-5 players with youth on their side and not being scared to perform on the pitch. I want us to be braver next season and become more exciting to watch.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Mac1 ballsed it up. 

God is that all, it took you long enough to say that.

What's that got to do with Rowett playing turgid, negative football? And you think he'd play Charlie George! Only in your dreams! :lol:

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Oh and why did Mac1 drop Bryson for the playoff Final. 

Curtains, I generally like your posts but I have to correct factual inaccuracies.

Bryson was injured and out of the play-off semifinal second leg. We produced one of the most scintillating displays I had seen since I was a nipper and in a high profile game, with everything to play for, "bottled it" by drubbing Brighton 4-1.

Bryson was then available for the final.

Mac had a choice - and he stuck with the winning side. Surely most of us would have though that was reasonable at the time (perhaps not valleyram).

So Bryson technically wasn't "dropped" - he simply wasn't restored. Imagine the howls of derision if Hughes had been dropped having scored that audacious 15 yard flick though.

In the event, we undeservedly lost. Will Hughes didn't have a great game but was ok-ish. But since QPR went down to 10 and packed the midfield and defence, would bringing Bryson on have helped? It really wasn't his sort of game.

The subject matter is “ Rowett is staying”

If that is the case and in fairness I’m at a point where I really don’t care either way, let’s hope Mel sits him down for the end of season accessment and with all cards on the table gives out some home truths in regards to style, commitment and passion.

Surely as a fan that’s the least he can do and with that all ambiguity removed we can move on.

25 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Curtains, I generally like your posts but I have to correct factual inaccuracies.

Bryson was injured and out of the play-off semifinal second leg. We produced one of the most scintillating displays I had seen since I was a nipper and in a high profile game, with everything to play for, "bottled it" by drubbing Brighton 4-1.

Bryson was then available for the final.

Mac had a choice - and he stuck with the winning side. Surely most of us would have though that was reasonable at the time (perhaps not valleyram).

So Bryson technically wasn't "dropped" - he simply wasn't restored. Imagine the howls of derision if Hughes had been dropped having scored that audacious 15 yard flick though.

In the event, we undeservedly lost. Will Hughes didn't have a great game but was ok-ish. But since QPR went down to 10 and packed the midfield and defence, would bringing Bryson on have helped? It really wasn't his sort of game.

Previous to that Hughes had been injured though and Bryson was in the team .

Bryson was the energy man for the large Wembley pitch  IMO 

Now then he took Russell and Hughes off at about the 67 odd minute mark and then allowed Bamford 2 minutes and took Ward off  on 92 minute

I think he got it wrong sorry as Dawkins and Bamford could of been used earlier and I would have started Bryson at Wembley because of his energy for a large Wembley pitch 

Whatever we lost and the repercussions plague us to this day  

Derby

1Grant

33Wisdom

6Keogh

25Buxton

3Forsyth

8Hendrick

34Thorne

9Martin

Substitutes

4Bryson

14Eustace

18Sammon

26Legzdins

27Whitbread

32Dawkins

35Bamford

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Oh and why did Mac1 drop Bryson for the playoff Final. 

Easy, this is why. 

How do you drop anyone after that display? What would have happened if he changed Hughes for Bryson for the final and we ended up losing 2-0? How many would say he made the right decision? 

Just now, rynny said:

Easy, this is why. 

How do you drop anyone after that display? What would have happened if he changed Hughes for Bryson for the final and we ended up losing 2-0? How many would say he made the right decision? 

That was at Pride Park 

Different pitch and atmosphere at Wembley. 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Previous to that Hughes had been injured though and Bryson was in the team .

Bryson was the energy man for the large Wembley pitch  IMO 

Now then he took Russell and Hughes off at about the 67 odd minute mark and then allowed Bamford 2 minutes and took Ward off  on 92 minute

I think he got it wrong sorry as Dawkins and Bamford could of been used earlier and I would have started Bryson at Wembley because of his energy for a large Wembley pitch 

Whatever we lost and the repercussions plague us to this day  

Derby

1Grant

33Wisdom

6Keogh

25Buxton

3Forsyth

8Hendrick

34Thorne

9Martin

Substitutes

4Bryson

14Eustace

18Sammon

26Legzdins

27Whitbread

32Dawkins

35Bamford

What a squad. Not a Cameron Jerome in sight......:lol:

Don't worry, with Gary staying he'll have that put right.....

as @Rosythramcorrectly points out - that IS the title of the thread :lol:

Archived